PantyRaid's 1st Grow - With LST!

I can't seem to get a decent pic of the stuff on the leaves. Hrmph.

However, new development - my new plant, The Cupcake, is .... flowering?!?!? It's just a baby! Babies having babies!? It's just now 1 month old!

photo_2_94.JPG
photo_1_111.JPG

Ok so they're sideways. I have no idea why. Sorry!

Yes some breeds of cannabis plants have the ability to flower as early as 3-4 weeks in to growth. Did you mention that Cupcake was an Autoflower seed by chance?

And to rotate your pictures, all I do is view them on my computer by double clicking the picture. Then I rotate it and it autosaves the last orientation ;)

Yup, the cupcake is the Speed Devil Autogrow, but the pizza is an autogrow too (which obviously never autogrowed... autogrew?). I'm just surprised at how tiny it is! I re-potted it into a huge pot last night so maybe it'll grow tiny bit more.

And the pics are fine on my computer, but turn sideways when I upload! frustrating!

Yes some breeds of cannabis plants have the ability to flower as early as 3-4 weeks in to growth. Did you mention that Cupcake was an Autoflower seed by chance?

And to rotate your pictures, all I do is view them on my computer by double clicking the picture. Then I rotate it and it autosaves the last orientation ;)

Hey Panty! How is it going?

Your lady is looking good there, a few things to consider though.

This pic of your lady almost 10 days ago compared with...

IMG_48523.JPG

...this updated pic, I can really see the development in the number of Calyx's (white hairs) forming in between your nodes.

IMG_50701.jpg

Think about it this way, when you are growing cannabis they usually have 8-10 weeks of flowering time, IF NOTHING stunts its growth or sets it back, you will usually start seeing massive bud development during your last month of flowering. By the looks of it you are almost JUST passed the half-way mark, so expect to see more and more whit hairs start to pop out. They are in search for pollen to produce seeds, but after a while they die and turn brown, this is where more and more calyx's start to form is search of pollen in order to keep the plants lineage alive so to speak ;)

Don't worry too much, and I would not give myself too short of a time frame for harvest, as this plant took 3 months (please correct me if I am wrong) to develop into the size it was before flowering, it could well be due to slow growth genetics in this specific strain. Also another factor to take note on: Great yields have been produced with CFLs, but you should expect to have very fluffy, airy buds at harvest due to CFLs lack of light penetration and available lumens for the plant to absorb!

If you are thinking to yourself. "Maybe AfricanGrower is just under thinking the situation, and something IS really wrong with my plant" , then one last thing that could be affecting growth rate would be minimal amounts of Phosphorus and Potassium in your nutrient feed, mainly Phosphorus as it encourages root growth and the overall 'vigor' of the plant.

Ending it there, THIS is where patients comes into the grow PAnty ;) I've grabbed a beanbag and a front row seat for the rest of your grow!

Compact Florescent Lights produce small buds and small harvests, it can also take plants longer to finish when flowered with Compact Florescent Lights. how many millilitres per gallon and of what are you currently using for nutrients?

Hello, long time no post! Thanks for all the awesome advice! I moved the lights closer and rigged up some foil. Not sure how much of a difference it made, but here's some pics of the Pizza! (I used a friends camera and they came out kinda funky. Sorry!)

IMG_65642.JPG
IMG_65684.JPG

As you can see, it looks like some of the leaves are turning brown and dying. Should I be pruning these? Is there a point when I'd want to cut off a majority of leaves so it can focus on the buds?
The buds are definitely fattening up. They're not super dense, but I'm happy to end up with a bunch of fluffy weed clouds. I'm completely guessing that it maybe needs 2 more weeks?

IMG_65731.JPG
IMG_65823.JPG
IMG_65834.JPG
IMG_65742.JPG
IMG_65761.JPG

I got a microscope and checked out the trichomes today. They seem to be half clear, half cloudy, and i saw one or two amber. How do they look to you? Tried my best to get a decent pic through the microscope!

photo_4_55.JPG

And the cupcake, the Speed Devil, is just hanging out in my window. Not doing any sort of LST or anything, just want to see how it goes naturally! It's been about 60 days now, but it probably needs another month or so since it's just in my window.

IMG_65862.JPG

you can remove the brown sections of the leafs as they are dead and do not contribute any energy to the plant. Keep checking the trichomes, you are looking for a majority of cloudy and amber trichomes. most people harvest at 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Haha I have to spend SO much time trying to get my damn camera to focus in too :laughtwo:

It looks like your zoomed in on the trichomes located on your leaves? I would regard the trichomes on the actual bud higher in respect to harvest time ;)

Thanks guys! I tried doing the optical zoom and macro thing but it still doesn't show it very clearly. I can see whats happening, but any closer and it gets pixel-y. The microscope is pretty decent, looks way better when its not through an iphone lens!!!

I'm so excited about these last few weeks! I try to not disturb it too much but I'm just so curious!

Yea those pics are MUCH better :bravo:

From that last pic I see a lot of cloudy trichomes and some clear ones scattered around. I'm finding a hard time seeing any amber yet. How many days of flower are you currently on?

I realized I haven't updated about the cupcake lately! It's just been in my window for about 2 months. It's a Speed Devil 60 day autogrow but it definitely needs much longer. It's tiny buds and dense, though, and very smelly & sticky. It's trichomes look similar to the pizzas!

photo_7_39.JPG
image_3_12.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom