Best product to pH living organic soil?

The only reason we pH adjust our waters is so that our expensive EDTA chelated nutes break out of their chemical bonds and become available to the plant. If it were not for us using these types of artificial nutrients, we would never have to adjust pH at all, unless we were dealing with water outside of the normal ranges that supports life.

In your coots mix, there is no need to adjust pH. None. Anything you add to do so, will kill off a few microbes. It is not only not necessary, it is shooting yourself in the foot. In those large pots, it should be a breeze to keep things going... I suspect you are over thinking this.

Yes, There are two main branches of organic soils... for the coastal dwellers, coots has become popular... for landlubers, Subcool's mix is easier to get hold of the components. They are both good recipes to do what we do.
I'm currently growing in my yard's amended soil but when i grow indoors in winter i plant in Fox Farms Ocean in 20lb cloth pots and feed with compost tea...... would i not need to ph down ?
thanks.

Hello all, Is it ok to use ph down or ph up to ph living organic soil or will it harm the life in the soil? Or is there something better to use? My water is around 7.5 to 8.0. Thanks everyone.
The soil will balance it. We dont ph in living soil. Well I dont. Used city water before, now I use well water. Not a clue what ppm is in it. All I know is Im glad I have no chloramines or any of that treated crap!

I'm currently growing in my yard's amended soil but when i grow indoors in winter i plant in Fox Farms Ocean in 20lb cloth pots and feed with compost tea...... would i not need to ph down ?
thanks.
In most cases I would suggest sweetening the soil by adding some dolomite lime, which should raise the base pH up to around 7, which is where most potting soil is designed to be used. It is not necessary, and it is a lot of hassle to change the base pH of your soil when it is so much easier to adjust your incoming fluids and take advantage of the soils ability to drift you through the entire pH range by coming in at the low end of the range.

In most cases I would suggest sweetening the soil by adding some dolomite lime, which should raise the base pH up to around 7, which is where most potting soil is designed to be used. It is not necessary, and it is a lot of hassle to change the base pH of your soil when it is so much easier to adjust your incoming fluids and take advantage of the soils ability to drift you through the entire pH range by coming in at the low end of the range.
Sorry, i meant ph the water

Hello all, Is it ok to use ph down or ph up to ph living organic soil or will it harm the life in the soil? Or is there something better to use? My water is around 7.5 to 8.0. Thanks everyone.
I tend to use nutrients to help change my ph... Coffee will lower pH and raise nitrogen, same with spoiled milk and other nutrients. I tend to have similar and higher pH from my tap... I add nutrients to my water to change pH... Good luck

IMG_20230613_154329.jpg

A must read if you're doing living soil the soil in the bed is 3 y/o+ reamemded with homade worm castings and KIS organic Nuit mix and a couple other things but not much with a soil test at the beginning of each run with a soil tension (moisture) of 80 to 120 mb pH of 6.8/7.0 I've done hydro and aeroponics and bagged soil and nothing is better tasting,more sustainable and inexpensive as this not to mention the most important thing it's,environmentaly friendly and the pH meter is the MOST IMPORTANT tool in my grow arsenal ✌️

IMG_20230613_134748.jpg

IMG_20230613_150437.jpg

I have had sooo many issues with soil pH testers. I've bought 4. From 18$ to 54$. Can you send me a link for the one you use

Back
Top Bottom