Best time to de-fan before flowering?

frosown

I am curious to when the best time to remove large fan leaves that block light penetration would be, as I'm using LED, but I am looking to cause the least amount of stress possible. Is there a specific time before/after flowering that is most beneficial to thinning? All opinions are welcome!

I am curious to when the best time to remove large fan leaves that block light penetration would be, as I'm using LED, but I am looking to cause the least amount of stress possible. Is there a specific time before/after flowering that is most beneficial to thinning? All opinions are welcome!

Okay just an opinion now...

Don't cut off fans.

If you want lots of sugars to grow your buds, they come out of the fans.

Good plant structure starts at the beginning of the grow, I LST my plants so they can keep leaves.

Vlad:bongrip:

But if the plant cannot use the carbohydrates accumulated in the leaves due to low light penetration, it cannot make sugars and just has an abundance of carbohydrates. I know carbs are essential to sugar formation, but is light penetration more important for the formation?

Sent from my SM-G928T using 420

But if the plant cannot use the carbohydrates accumulated in the leaves due to low light penetration, it cannot make sugars and just has an abundance of carbohydrates. I know carbs are essential to sugar formation, but is light penetration more important for the formation?

It's necessary to take into account the big picture before cutting stuff. The leaves are also food for the plant. Just roll up a fatty, smoke it, then think about what I said.

Remember, it's just an opinion not the law. And nobody will spoon feed you any secrets! You have to be hungry for knowledge to succeed though.

I'm definitely hungry for knowledge good sir, hence why I'm asking haha. But, I understand where you are coming from. But if light is not making it down through the initial canopy of leaves, would it be wise to just remove the lower bud sites for optimal colas? Or if they were kept, would there be a significant change in the size/quality of the cola(s)? I'm more attempting to focus on quality of the herb, not the quantity.

I'm definitely hungry for knowledge good sir, hence why I'm asking haha. But, I understand where you are coming from. But if light is not making it down through the initial canopy of leaves, would it be wise to just remove the lower bud sites for optimal colas? Or if they were kept, would there be a significant change in the size/quality of the cola(s)? I'm more attempting to focus on quality of the herb, not the quantity.

Okay now I understand the motive, you don't want popcorn bud.

Well do all the cutting before the flip. I like lollypopping and I combine that with LST to do a mainline, or "fluxing" as it is called on 420. Fluxing started here by a guy named LightAddict, look up his threads and you will be amazed what he does with his hobby.

Okay now I understand the motive, you don't want popcorn bud.

Well do all the cutting before the flip. I like lollypopping and I combine that with LST to do a mainline, or "fluxing" as it is called on 420. Fluxing started here by a guy named LightAddict, look up his threads and you will be amazed what he does with his hobby.

Perfect! Thanks so much for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom