BESTVA LED Grow Light Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't shared much recently. I keep forgetting I am part of so many threads now. Hard to keep up but I would like to keep this one close to the top of the list moving forward. I have been fortunate enough to start my sponsorship with @BESTVA LED at the start of the GSC Comparative Grow with their Pro1000 series light. That little light is a powerhouse for the price! No doubt I will be getting more. Recently we discussed an upgrade for the rest of the GSC grow and for my upcoming autoflower grow after the GSC is harvested! With that agreement, we settled on the Pro4000! To say I was excited is an understatement! The great thing about working with @BESTVA LED is that they are incredibly supportive of this community. We are seriously lucky to have sponsors like this here! Let's not ever take that for granted.

Getting products as prizes or to test/review can make it difficult to be objective. In past replies here, I included some pics of the hanging modifications I had to make to get the lights higher. Well, unfortunately, I had to figure something out again with the Pro4000. The maximum height with the provided hardware was not good enough for my plants. Here is what I did to make the changes. I wanted something better and sleeker than my previous solution. I think I found the perfect solution!

I really hope that Bestva will reconsider the hardware provided with their lights moving forward. We need to be able to get these lights as high as possible.

A sample of the GSC flowers in the second week of bloom.

We need to be able to get these lights as high as possible.

Says the person who clearly has the carbon filter in the grow area limiting height.:goof:

I have an honest question and feedback for these lights - on the w600 on your site you have a higher red/far red ratio than blue.

Do you have a reason for this increased ratio of red?

Red will cause additional height in cannabis and blue will cause them to be more squat which is a primary goal for us indoor growers.

Says the person who clearly has the carbon filter in the grow area limiting height.:goof:
Yes...this was my first time setting up this tent. Originally, I had a light for each plant which meant the middle area would be clear. Made sense to have the filter there as it would be out of the way. I ended up having an extra light in the middle to boost the output in that area and had it hanging right below the filter. It worked quite well at that height.. now that the big light is in there, yes, it would make sense to move it...IF I have to. It appears to have slowed down during the stretch so I may not need that extra height this time around.

Thanks for the smart ass comment though. LOL During the next run, most of the frivolous equipment will be placed outside of the tent. Hopefully I meet your expectations then. :adore:

Yes...this was my first time setting up this tent. Originally, I had a light for each plant which meant the middle area would be clear. Made sense to have the filter there as it would be out of the way. I ended up having an extra light in the middle to boost the output in that area and had it hanging right below the filter. It worked quite well at that height.. now that the big light is in there, yes, it would make sense to move it...IF I have to. It appears to have slowed down during the stretch so I may not need that extra height this time around.

Thanks for the smart ass comment though. LOL During the next run, most of the frivolous equipment will be placed outside of the tent. Hopefully I meet your expectations then. :adore:

Sorry I ruffled your feathers with a comment. Learn to take some constructive criticism - look at my journal buddy, you'll see I made some stupid errors too - get bigger and learn/change instead of puffing up.

Next time don't complain about something that's your fault.

See ya later!:bongrip:

Sorry I ruffled your feathers with a comment. Learn to take some constructive criticism - look at my journal buddy, you'll see I made some stupid errors too - get bigger and learn/change instead of puffing up.

Next time don't complain about something that's your fault.

See ya later!:bongrip:
Whoa...I thought you were joking around with your sarcastic response. It did not come off as constructive criticism at all. My reply was in a humorous manner based on your silly emoji. I thought you were just trying to be funny. Sorry but no feathers ruffled or puffing up at all. Blessings.

This is what my young ladies are doing under my Bestva.

20210910_221633.jpg

Looking really nice @BakedARea big girls there. Leafs are looking a touch light there maybe a bit too much light?
I hope not. I checked the PPFD using two different apps. I'll double check it later before lights out. I believe they are roughly 800-900 in the center and gradually fading off into the 400s on the edges. I'm rotating them about every day to every other day. I haven't quite got in the habit of doing it daily you know. It could be the exposure on my camera too honestly. I came out overexposed from the start it appears too.

It's also the tips of those leaves. It could also be a few other things though. Maybe direct fan air? I know strong fans direct on leafs can cause burn like that or possibly nutes if you increased something recently? They looking really good other than that though so just wondered if you knew what it was or was working on it. Incase I have similar show up in future lol. (currently have a touch of nute burn myself but I know it was me lol)

It's also the tips of those leaves. It could also be a few other things though. Maybe direct fan air? I know strong fans direct on leafs can cause burn like that or possibly nutes if you increased something recently? They looking really good other than that though so just wondered if you knew what it was or was working on it. Incase I have similar show up in future lol. (currently have a touch of nute burn myself but I know it was me lol)
It could definitely be a bit of fan burn for sure. I have quite a bit of air flow in there. It shouldn't be nutrient burn though because I'm running organic soil and amendments. I also think it could be the last foliar feed I gave them (before yesterday) and I left the lights on full blast. Yikes...
Or...I may not be watering them enough??? Hmmm...I appreciate the watchful eyes. Always welcome to questions and criticism. That is how I learn best. So thanks for asking.

I dont like saying something incase it comes across as criticism or just being a dick lol which I never mean to. I think water or fans could be the issue it really shouldn't be nutes like you said organic slow release tends to be great for not having that issue (one of the reasons I'm thinking of switching) and if you have done a par testit won't be the lights. they do look a bit thirsty so probably that. If they improve with a good water then it was that lol but I'd keep an eye on the leaves tips I personally use 3 fans minimum and have them at a bit of a distance so they don't tend to get direct fan wind. It's something to do with strong wind passing over the leaves and it drawing air and moisture out of the membrane.

I've just noticed the large tower fan and you mentioned you where rotating the plants does that mean your putting each plant right in front of the tower fan because they are quite powerful and could be it.

I definitely need a light ASAP. The veteran’s administration is trying to shove pills down my throat for my ailments. The saddest(but honestly a good idea for vets) is they send me meds via mail. I have to make my own medicine in hopes to combat my pain, and ptsd, etc. I have space to grow hemp currently for cbd so a good light will change my life!!!!

I definitely need a light ASAP. The veteran’s administration is trying to shove pills down my throat for my ailments. The saddest(but honestly a good idea for vets) is they send me meds via mail. I have to make my own medicine in hopes to combat my pain, and ptsd, etc. I have space to grow hemp currently for cbd so a good light will change my life!!!!
I dont know what size you need but the P1000 is 69.00 with discounts on the Amazon right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom