Biggreenbuds first grow!

Re: biggreenbuds first grow !!!

yes you are correct this is bagseed

i would really like to grow a known strain but dont want to have seeds shipped to me so im prolly gonna take a vacation this summer and get some seeds :ganjamon:

so i was reading through the overgrow FAQ and it said to stop foliar feeding after 2 weeks into flowering well im past 5 weeks and im still foliar feeding ... should i stop ???

I heard that foliar feeding during flowering allows the bud sites to "rot" or get moldy.. so i've heard or read from somewhere....:ganjamon:

dude they are suffocating!!give em a biger pot and me thinks u may have drainage problems i see no perlite ect.. in the mix how often do u feed or water them?????

dude they are suffocating!!give em a biger pot and me thinks u may have drainage problems i see no perlite ect.. in the mix how often do u feed or water them?????

why do you say they are suffocating ??

i was foliar feeding once a week at 1/4 stength but im not gonna do that no more and i water them when the soil is dry and as moose says are wilting :peace:

u right i dont have perlite and i wish i did then i probly would never have overwatered in the begining

by suffocating dodgy means root-bound. Looking back, your pots seem like they would be ok. Transplanting this late would not be a great idea anyway. Lets see a pic incorporating the base of the pot to the top of the plant.

by suffocating dodgy means root-bound. Looking back, your pots seem like they would be ok. Transplanting this late would not be a great idea anyway. Lets see a pic incorporating the base of the pot to the top of the plant.[/QUOTE

the canopy of my plants is smaller then the size of my pots :peace:

aha somebody who knows a thing or two about trees. I'm not sure if that would apply to cannabis as it is practically domesticated.

sorry guys what i meant buy suffocating is that your drainage is not sufficiant and when you water frequently the pot bottom can turn to muck and is hard to get rid of without starving your girls most cases u need to repot with fresh soil!!!

sorry guys what i meant buy suffocating is that your drainage is not sufficiant and when you water frequently the pot bottom can turn to muck and is hard to get rid of without starving your girls most cases u need to repot with fresh soil!!!

ya thats what happened but then i transplanted them and they have mad a recovy i think theres like sticks and organic things in my soil to help airate it

so im starting to worry and this grow might be cut short

the reason being i have fungus nates well im pretty sure i do and this grow is in my closet and i dont want that shit all in my house,.

well i was reading and i read i can put sand ontop of the soil and this will suffokate the eggs ? should i try this ?

what would you guys recamend im really stuck here

Description
Fungus gnats (family Sciaridae) are found in and around damp areas such as wet floors or benches with decaying vegetable matter, algae, and/or fungi present. Adult female fungus gnats lay eggs in soil or growing media. The eggs hatch into larvae that feed on plant roots. As their name suggests, the wings of adult dark-winged fungus gnats appear light to dark gray.
Unlike houseflies or other kinds of flying insects, adult fungus gnats tend to remain near plants (in indoor situations) at soil level and can be found resting on leaf litter and foliage. Larvae dwell in the soil until they pupate; they are legless and have transparent bodies with distinctly black head capsules. Pupae are difficult to detect without magnification, but are stouter and more brown than larvae.
Life Cycle
Female adult thrips deposit oval eggs under the soil surface. The following are the life stages and their approximate duration*:
1. Egg (hatch in 4-6 days)
2. Larva - four instars (10-14 days)
3. Pupa (5-7 days)
4. Adult (lives about 7 days)*
*Adult females can lay up to 1000 eggs in a lifetime!
Damage
Fungus gnat larvae feed on various parts of plant roots and generally diminish plant health. Plants infested with fungus gnat larvae can show signs of stunted growth. Larval feeding can also spread plant pathogens and/or make plants more susceptible to disease. Although adult fungus gnats can help spread pathogens, they do not feed on or otherwise harm plants and are considered a nuisance when they occur in indoor settings such as offices, malls, and apartment buildings.
Control Strategies
Monitoring for adults. Regular monitoring for winged adults using yellow sticky cards will help identify a fungus gnat infestation in its early stages. Disturbing the foliage of plants suspected to be infested will cause fungus gnats to leave plants, and can help trapping efforts. Trapping alone is not recommended as the sole means of control, but when used in conjunction with other methods can reduce significant numbers of adults.
Physical and cultural controls. Do not overwater plants. Keep growing areas as dry, algae-free and weed-free as possible. Pull and bag weeds that may harbor pests. For office and home situation with a relatively few number of plants, cover entire soil area with plastic wrap to prevent adult emergence and egg laying.
Chemical controls. Although the use of insecticides to control fungus gnats on small numbers of indoor plants is not recommended, pyrethrins or pyrethroids may provide short-term relief from adult gnats. (See Physical and cultural controls.) For commercial growing operations, consider adding a biological insecticide such as Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis to growing media. For more information, consult your local pesticide product dealer to see what works best for your situation.
Biological Control. Several species of beneficial nematodes are available to help keep fungus gnat larvae in check. Other predators such as rove beetles (family Staphylinidae), ground beetles (family Carabidae), and soil centipedes (family Geophilidae) may occur naturally in your growing area. Predator mite Hypoaspis miles and biological insecticides such as Bacillus thuringiensis can be applied to growing media to control fungus gnat larvae. Consult a supplier of biological control agents to see which agents will work best for your situation.
Predators. Soil-dwelling predator mite Hypoaspis miles; rove beetles such as Atheta sp. (family Staphylinidae).

Parasitoids. Synacra pauperi parasitizes the larval stage of fungus gnats. (Note: S. pauperi is not yet commercially available in the U.S., but is being used in Europe for fungus gnat control in mushroom houses.)
Nematodes. Steinernema carpocapsae or Steinernema feltiae nematodes attack the soil stages of fungus gnats. Consult with a supplier of beneficial nematodes to find out how to apply nematodes and about other beneficials that can be used in conjunction with nematodes for additional control.

how about the tabacco juice ? my dads a smoker so it would be pretty easy for me to brew some of this up.

would this work for my flowering plants ? would it make them all gross ?

Back
Top Bottom