Black African Magic

Hows this for step 1?
C92F9A8F-B55B-4F5E-B3AA-E1C555971132.jpeg
That's fantastic, great job. :thumb:
Tha big branches get tied down.
The ones at the top will all become main colas.
Here is Apple Betty.
I bent the top the week before I flipped.
You can see she has at least 6 top colas now.

Screenshot_20230406-041241_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230406-041137_Photoshop Express.jpg

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

@Azimuth @Bill284

All i did was main stalk, going to do branches next.

The goal is to keep them all at the same height, of the top bend, correct?

Essentially creating a level area for light to hit?

🙏 🤙🏻
Yes start off level as comfortably possible.
Don't force anything.
Then the stretch will give you more stalks you can level again gently.
Spreading out into the open areas of light.
But at least spread and open.
I don't fret about fan leaves covering buds, just my method.
Some do a defol.
I trim under her skirt after stretch and don't remove anything after that.
Someone else might give you an idea how they do it. :Namaste: Hopefully. :thumb:
Do what your comfortable with and develop what works for you. ;)
2 cents.

Bill284 😎

Yes start off level as comfortably possible.
Don't force anything.
Then the stretch will give you more stalks you can level again gently.
Spreading out into the open areas of light.
But at least spread and open.
I don't fret about fan leaves covering buds, just my method.
Some do a defol.
I trim under her skirt after stretch and don't remove anything after that.
Someone else might give you an idea how they do it. :Namaste: Hopefully. :thumb:
Do what your comfortable with and develop what works for you. ;)
2 cents.

Bill284 😎
What he said. ^^

Hello 👋

Friday I tied everything down.

Friday am right after.
B3C0804D-4723-461A-9F1C-FCDED7B629DD.jpeg

Sunday pm.
15F73694-42DE-4CA5-A28C-025329719AF5.jpeg

I am going to level things out more when lights come back on. I am shocked by what I just got to watch happen. It all makes sense, but, is still incredible to watch.

The main stock and main branches on this plant are easily 4-5 times larger and thicker then the largest of the other three I grew first.

I would guess this thing is super close to being ready to flower (week 7), however, I cannot do the switch until the other three are harvested. Guess I will just keep it in Veg, which in turn will make a bigger plant, bigger yield, correct?

🙏

Guess I will just keep it in Veg, which in turn will make a bigger plant, bigger yield, correct?
Generally, yes. But the stretch could be an issue if you have limited vertical height as they'll typically at least double their height once they're flipped. That can lead to the need for more stressful training methods which in turn can lead to hermies.

But, you gotta work with what you got.

Generally, yes. But the stretch could be an issue if you have limited vertical height as they'll typically at least double their height once they're flipped. That can lead to the need for more stressful training methods which in turn can lead to hermies.

But, you gotta work with what you got.
Perfect 👌🏻

I will have plenty of room. Just got to make it a few more weeks I believe until the larger tent is free.

What do you think of the pics below in regards to maturity?

I believe it was in fact a potassium issue causing the leaves to yellow, I have been using Fox Farms Grow Big. The leaves that were turning curled and fell, the rest stopped all together 🙏

D9005858-AF7A-45DA-B956-1DA45E278B5B.jpeg

6564D738-BC28-4BAE-BB13-F0E921252BD8.jpeg

35A10276-075C-4DD8-964B-291A17A5DA3B.jpeg

FBE6AC4C-317D-4D8A-8C59-1E5A02C937AD.jpeg

42F4DB2C-F5D2-4B8F-846A-799AFD47D829.jpeg

So if one was going for 50% white 50% dark i am there on some stocks?

I may harvest the main stalks soon, let the smaller that are a bit behind keep going.

I dont think my magnifying glass is good enough, what magnification do you use? I have 30 x

What do you look for when looking at trichomes?

✌🏻
Once all the pistils all darken I start looking at trichomes, but you've still got some white ones.

So if one was going for 50% white 50% dark i am there on some stocks?

I may harvest the main stalks soon, let the smaller that are a bit behind keep going.

I dont think my magnifying glass is good enough, what magnification do you use? I have 30 x

What do you look for when looking at trichomes?

✌🏻
I'd say you were. :thumb:

I use 40x I think which is good enough for looking at trichomes, though I may get something with more magnification for some of the smaller bugs.

Hey everyone ✌🏻

What a crazy few weeks it has been.

I ended up having reactions to the last rounds of Meds my Dr had me on 😖 Rough several weeks. Also had to travel a little over a week for work 😖 Took me almost two weeks just to recover after flying home.

Anyways…back at it and check it 👇🏻

90501CF0-BA96-4A23-A236-EB4C64DD70DE.jpeg

Ended up Harvesting Bam 1, Bam 2, Bam 3. The top half of the 4 main stalks were completely looped and point down, so I figured, have to harvest now. The bottom of the stalks were still pretty undeveloped looking. Hang drying now, at day 7 now, soon will trim a bit more, then drop in mason jars.

Sad news: The male Purple Diesel pollinated before I caught it, all three plants have seeds 😡 lots of them 😡

However, remember the last Bam plant I started and introduced LST? 👇🏻
30C9D1F1-08DA-47F7-B119-3CFF1B858FF3.jpeg

As of this morning I have 23 flower sites all leveled out. Plant still has not shown pistils, I think she is about 7-14 days, sex organs are popping up now. its HUGE!

LST and SIP is where it is at. This plant is bigger then all 3 plants I just harvested by more then double.

When I was gone I had someone else water this one, I messed up my instructions and it got over fertilized, got some gnarly nutrient burn 😖

✌🏻

Hello everyone 👋

Sorry for my absence, really busy few weeks.

I was doing some checking on everything to do an update and believe I discovered something unfortunate…

Am I hallucinating?
A08E24CC-5792-446D-A387-156C6BD940FC.jpeg

It is Zkittlez, feminized seed. I literally just put in SIP today? came back to check and get pics 😡

hermaphrodite?

Thank you again everyone. Update on the first three plants, harvest, which I am 9 days in mason jars today, will come soon 🙏

Male bits at the very least. I don't see any pistils in that pic.

Any interest in collecting some pollen and making your own seed?
I had a window recently where i did not realize the power to the small tent had been pulled so the plant sat in darkness when it should have been light, I did not realize until late in the light cycle, so at that point it missed almost a whole light cycle, and sat in darkness for almost 24 hrs.

Would almost bet it was light stress.

You have any success with pulling the bananas, keeping in veg, then watching for pistils as it develops?

Alright…

Thanks everyone for all the help along the way and sorry for going MIA right at the finish line for these plants.

work+work+work=more work

I had to travel for almost two weeks, starting not feeling well right before, hard month, harvest happened right in the middle.

In all, I got just over 2 ounces per plant, topped at 4 nodes. I did not know what to expect, considering the under watering, then over watering, I am very happy with how everything turned out. The real harvest was the knowledge.

As per the plants.

OG Kush: Bag Seed, probably the most developed of the three. I think this is due to the fact that BAM is a landrace sativa and really needed a few more weeks.

I am shocked by how well this plant turned out. My goal with bag seeds was not even ti get to harvest, it was to learn so when I started using seedbank seeds I knew at least something.

To date (11 days in mason jars at this point) , this is the best cannabis I have ever had. Potency is STRONG. Considering when I purchase at dispensaries I purchase only 24% + as a baseline…this stuff is stout.

Taste and smells exactly as one would expect. Pine, diesel, herbal, pungent.

Effects are extremely clean, extremely uplifting, with huge body effect that makes my headache, jaw aches, shoulder aches, hip aches turn into a wet feeling. Example: My parotid gland inflames, my jaw locks, saliva glands stop doing their thing. About 4 puffs of this and the swelling physically goes down, my mouth starts watering…only way I can explain is similar to when I chewed “Big League Chew” gum as a kid…that big, wet, drooling, salivating feeling…I get that in my jaw, and all other sore joints.

BAM 1& 2

These plants are something else. The aroma right up to harvest and after was extreme Limonene. Which was pleasing as I decided off cannabinoids, THC content, terpene content, limonene being one of the leading 4. What was shocking was how strong it became during drying and once in jars.

All three plants were hang dried for 10 days, they were all still extremely sticky, but could be handled. At this point BAM 1 & 2 were becoming unpleasant as the limonene was taking over the entire existence of my known being. We are talking lemon zest, orange zest, with the biggest herbal cannabis smell I have ever experienced. So much you could not really smell them up close. At this point I started thinking I made a bad choice.

Due to being in a tent, a tight space tent, sectional harvest probably would have been best for BAM 1 & 2.

None the less, I did achieve a combo of milky trichomes and a speckled amount of amber trichomes. I just think the bottom half of these plants could have used just a bit more time.

As of today these plants smell like an orange creamsicle on top of a huge herb garden. Its strong, really really strong. I also get the mouth watering wet effect from these plants. Pain relief is 4x compared to anything from a dispensary, same as OG Kush.

BAM 1 & 2 are extremely cerebral, almost no body effects, however it obliterates nerve pain which I have from head to toe.

Day time strain all day long. Super clean, focused, uplifting, joyous.

As of today, all three plants are 11 days in mason jars, so they are green, but the change went from “oh shit 😡 “ to “OH SHIT 😍” after dry and only just over a week in mason jars. The intensity is dropping, they went from green tea and grass to what we think of as cannabis. The BAM plants are now becoming recognizable as sativas, the orange is dropping and it is almost enjoyable.

Will tell more as they cure.

I now see what you all mean about “never buying from dispensaries again”.

Also, new doctor tomorrow 🤞🏻 Been waiting for 6 months for this appointment.

Thanks again everyone.

F3CBAF00-F982-451D-A4AF-DE74E3E55D45.jpeg

A15D6362-3A16-4ABC-91D7-DA981B20A7C0.jpeg

18ED9F7C-B1FC-43E4-ACFD-9B906BB09DC0.jpeg

C40571F3-14EB-447A-BB40-8066B9560CBE.jpeg

40FB6526-915B-4000-8DAD-C53382E2F8F1.jpeg

85AC85B2-5088-47B6-9CAE-94CDDC462E89.jpeg

Would almost bet it was light stress.

that's way too strong an expression for it to be stress related.

You have any success with pulling the bananas, keeping in veg, then watching for pistils as it develops?

that's a flat out male. get rid of it unless you want pollen, in which case isolate it now.

No, nana's are almost impossible to completely eliminate as it's hard to find them all in amongst the pistils and buds but, as @bluter said, that's a full on male plant. It's not all that common with feminized seed but it does happen.

And congrats on breaking free from the dispensary product. Sounds like you grew some great herb and exactly what you were needing. :welldone:

No, nana's are almost impossible to completely eliminate as it's hard to find them all in amongst the pistils and buds but, as @bluter said, that's a full on male plant. It's not all that common with feminized seed but it does happen.

And congrats on breaking free from the dispensary product. Sounds like you grew some great herb and exactly what you were needing. :welldone:
Man that sucks. I had 2 duds prior to this seed that did not germinate, then this turd. I guess it would make sense, if the darkness triggered early flower, there would have been pistils as well, even if this early? I was hoping it was just a few bananas from light stress 😡

Back
Top Bottom