Blazer420 First Journal - 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical + UVB - Kind - Soil Gonna Push Em!

Re: Blazer420 first journal, 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical+, UVB, KIND, soil, gonna push em

Welcome to the madness!!!!

More pics tomorrow. Everybody got a haircut today and I got the bamboo in place. Also have a solution for dealing with my absence in a few weeks that I will post up when its done.

Also the UVB lamps are ready to install.

Lots of fun work ahead!

Thanks!

B-

Re: Blazer420 first journal, 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical+, UVB, KIND, soil, gonna push em

Also had to install a new larger carbon filter. The other one had only one grow on it, but they it couldn't keep up with the single Critical+ plant in there and it isn't even flowering yet. All the warnings about the odor of that plant is no joke, and should not be taken lightly. Definitely not a plant that should be grown without significant odor control or in a place where absolute stealth is paramount.

I even threw a small brick of Ona in the exhaust!

B-

Just ran and shot some quick pics.

sideAmigas.jpg

1219amigas.jpg

Just swapped out the MH for the Super HPS and raised the lamp a good 18". I like to do that about 2-4 weeks prior to going into 12/12. I find when I do this, that the main stem (at the soil) stretches up a bit giving some clearance for any branching that is close to the soil. Further, I get a bit of stretch in other areas too and that allows me to make sure that I can really get in there and clean up the stems, etc from useless undergrowth.

I'm pretty sure this is "stoner mythology" but I believe that is also helps ease the stress of transition into flower mode.

B-

Re: Blazer420 First Journal - 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical + UVB - Kind - Soil Gonna Push

Happy Skunkday Blazer :thumb:

Re: Blazer420 First Journal - 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical + UVB - Kind - Soil Gonna Push

I think I'm going to go ahead and move these to 12/12. Upward growth seems to have halted at about 20". The plants still produce lost of foliage, etc, just not getting any taller.

I've marked them to be sure, but in a few days if nothing has changed with the height they are going into flower mode.

B-

Merry Christmas Blazer :xmas:

Flower mode - ACTIVATE!

As of tomorrow (actually set the timers today but an actual 12/12 cycle won't happen until then) the kids will be playing in the dark for 11 hours of day and 13 hours of dark. Once solid flowering has occurred, things will go back to a regular 12/12.

So the grower set his lights to 12/12 with great care,
Hoping that Tetrahydrocannabinol would soon be there.
The 3 Amigas were all nestled in their pots,
While visions of 2 oz colas danced in their heads.

B-

Good question.

I have found that with especially fast flowering strains such as these, that the extra hour of dark for the first bit "sets" the flowers a bit quicker. Not by much, but enough. So these are roughly 60 day strains, and I have found with Sensi Star (don't have the experience with Critical+) I can clip about 5-8 days off the flowering time with that method.

Sensi Star is what I call a "house strain" for me. I don't have my logs in front of me, but I think I have at least 20 grow cycles of it and have it pretty dialed in. That is why I chose it for my test with KIND and UVB - both new to me.

Critical+ has some similar base genetics and I am expecting some similar, but possibly longer results with it.

I started in hydro/aero and soon moved to organics. Since then I have been working hard in the "Crackpot Tent" to try and get similar results from organics as I did with aero, and this is one of those times (although KIND obviously isn't a true organic line).

I'll give these three a few days to acclimate to the new lighting schedule and post some pics. I think you'll see that the buds form rather quickly on the Sensi Star plants (no guarantees though :)).

B-

I'm going to hold off on the UVB until about week 3-4, but then its going on for the full 12 hours. Actual UVB wattage will be less than 10% of total light wattage - similar to the SolarStorm lamp I covet...

If only I had the do, re, me... :straightface:

My 10% UVB CFLs comprised 20% of total light wattage during flowering, 4-26 watt bulbs only cost $54. I never saw any issues whatsoever with the plants. You just need to wear eye protection cause that amount of UV in that reflective environment is not good for the eyes.

Chronic weekend to you Blazer :thumb:

Damn.

Just checked on the plants, and when I set the timer for flower, I accidentally set the "off" to "on" so the plants have had non-stop light!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Oh well, problem corrected (I hope). Tonight they should get their 13 hours of dark.

B-

don't worry about it Blazer it will be ok
Happy Sativaday :thumb:

don't worry about it Blazer it will be ok
Happy Sativaday :thumb:

Yea, I know. I just hate it when I make silly mistakes like that.

You know what I would LOVE to get my hands on? A good timer that had something like a phone keypad on it with digital display. It could run a 24 hour day or 7 day period - I don't care. Maybe it could store multiple "programs." So I could just start by setting time of day (and this would remain unless adjusting for DST), and then program in an 18/6 and a 12/12 (or whatever combination my little heart desires).

Then I could just select "Veg Program #1" and then when its time to flip, select "Flower Program #1" and be done with the whole thing.

12 hour battery back up would be nice too...

I man can dream...

B-

So, now I have some PH spotting on one of the Sensi Star plants! I'm sure I know that things went to acidic. My ph meter isn't calibrated so I can't tell how bad its off right now, but I did a vinegar ph correction a week ago and I think things got too acidic. So, I skipped the nutes on that plant and loaded the water with Silica Blast to bring up the ph a bit. I have more calibration fluids coming so I'll have a better idea in a few days. Strange its only with one plant since they all got the same dosing. I'm thinking that this plant may have had more peat in it than the others.

No new pics since things haven't changed much, but some coming in the next couple of days.

I do have to say that I am liking the KIND nutes so far. Very easy for a guy like me to make adjustments on the fly. I particularly like how the Base is just N & 5% Ca - that sure makes things easier.

B-

Happy Munchday Blazer :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom