Blazer420 First Journal - 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical + UVB - Kind - Soil Gonna Push Em!

Re: Blazer420 First Journal - 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical + UVB - Kind - Soil Gonna Push

Snapped some quick pics. Except for the ph spotting on the plant on the left things seem to be going well. 3 days into flower power.

theGirls.jpg

stretching.jpg

Kind of hard to see, but this one shows some of the spotting. I think it has stopped. I'm thinking that Silica Blast may be a good way to ph up since you are also dosing them with the power of silica. Obviously I need to think on this approach some more.

spotting.jpg

Re: Blazer420 First Journal - 2 Sensi Star 1 Critical + UVB - Kind - Soil Gonna Push

Happy Weednsday Blazer and a Prosperous new year to you :thumb:

Oh, how they grow so fast. It was only a few weeks ago they got their first haircut...

Pics coming soon, but the stretch is definitely going strong. I didn't quite expect this much - but I never do :geek:

White hairs are starting to show and it looks like there are going to be a nice amount of bud sites.

Still playing around with KIND. I decided to break up the nutes a bit. Instead of "feed, water, water, nothing, repeat," I am moving to "feed, water with Silica Blast, water with Sweet, nothing repeat." I'm just not very comfortable with the obvious chemical reaction that happens when you add the Silica Blast to the nute mix. It may be nothing, but I don't know what exactly is going on, and I'm a big believer in silica and I don't think it really matters to separate it out.

B-

Happy Skunkday Blazer :thumb:

Happy Tokerday Blazer :thumb:

Oh, how they grow so fast. It was only a few weeks ago they got their first haircut...

Pics coming soon, but the stretch is definitely going strong. I didn't quite expect this much - but I never do :geek:

White hairs are starting to show and it looks like there are going to be a nice amount of bud sites.

Still playing around with KIND. I decided to break up the nutes a bit. Instead of "feed, water, water, nothing, repeat," I am moving to "feed, water with Silica Blast, water with Sweet, nothing repeat." I'm just not very comfortable with the obvious chemical reaction that happens when you add the Silica Blast to the nute mix. It may be nothing, but I don't know what exactly is going on, and I'm a big believer in silica and I don't think it really matters to separate it out.

B-

Blazer, are you referring to the major PH increase as the chemical reaction, or something else? I also love using silica, but never tried sweet. Silica makes the stems so pliable and it's great for using when doing some rigorous bending.

Happy Weednsday Blazer :thumb:

Blazer, are you referring to the major PH increase as the chemical reaction, or something else? I also love using silica, but never tried sweet. Silica makes the stems so pliable and it's great for using when doing some rigorous bending.

Sorry for not responding earlier - I've been traveling.

I have been doing some research, and I am beginning to see that the wildly different ph's of Silica Blast vs the other nutrients may be the culprit of the precipitate. I think that when the ph of the Silica Blast is dropped when added to the other nutes that the solution can no longer retain the silica and it crashes out of suspension.

I really like how silica works almost synergistically with bloom enhancers. There is less need for staking and tying as the branches are stronger, and I (anecdotally) have seen bud density add weight improve.

This is also my first time with Sweet. I'm not sure I'll know the true benefit of this product until I sample the goods. :)

B-

Just ran and got some pics of the ladies. I haven't seen them in over a week. Looks like my IV drip system was working well! These things have exploded, and I still have about 30 days to go! I think just these 3 plants are going to take up every inch of the tent...

One thing I can't say enough is to really have your odor control dialed in with these strains. The CSS isn't nearly as bad as the Critical+. These have to be the strongest smelling strains I have dealt with, and its just gonna get stinkier!

crammed.jpg

flowers9.jpg

lookingGrownUp.jpg

Looking good man Happy Thurweed day Blazer :thumb:

Today is the first day with the UVB going. It is going to be on the whole time the HPS is (the timer is now on 12/12 instead of 11/13). The lamps are right at the top of the tent about 2' from the absolute tops of the plants. I'm not too worried about the duration of the UVB given the distance of the lights and that they have no reflectors - essentially just bouncing the UVB all over the place.

Still pretty sure that my 8 oz goal per plant is out of reach, but based on the current buds (only a few days over 2 weeks in flower) 4-5 oz/plant is probably not out of the question. I would really like to pull a pound off this grow, but I don't think its gonna happen.

Flower Power!

B-

if you got 4 plants and can yield 4 zips per dried you got your goal made
Happy Freeweed day and a Chronic weekend to you :thumb:

if you got 4 plants and can yield 4 zips per dried you got your goal made
Happy Freeweed day and a Chronic weekend to you :thumb:

Only 3 plants in there. Not sure if I would have had room for another based on the growth!

B-

3/4 of a pound is nothing to sneeze at :thumb:
and its possible maybe even more :thumb:

i really can't believe how incredible the "uptake" is for these plants. When I feed/water the plants each get 1 gal of either nutrient solution or RO water. When I come back the next day, my hygrometer acts like its been days since I last watered. Just to make sure I'm not totally off my rocker I went back to my CSS journals and saw that yes, in fact, I am going through more volume on this grow. Previous ones were totally organic with EJ products and straight from the bag VermiFire. Also, (and since I have no previous pics to refer to and have to rely on my memory :)) it certainly appears that the CSS plants have set flowers faster and there are many more bud sites. The buds also seem to be a bit bigger than expected for this stage. Again, this is purely anecdotal. The Critical+ is new to me so I have nothing to compare it too, although it does not look to be setting as many flowers as the CSS.

I've had to tie back (with jute twine) some of the taller stalks to open up the canopy a bit and control some of the height. One day when I have $1800 lying around doing nothing, I am going to get an 800w Solar Storm LED light so I can get those plants up close and personal without having to worry about the heat of the 1k. Added bonus are the built in T8 UVB lamps as outriggers - then the tent will look less cobbled together and I won't be switching out lamps, have lower electricity costs, etc. A man can dream.... :dreamy:

Back
Top Bottom