Blonks - Aussie Sativa - Ebb & Flow - First Grow

blonk6

Hi Guys, new to the site & and new to Hyrdoponics. So please forgive any noob questions and or answers. Any Help or Guidance Would be greatly appreciated from you Master Growers :D

My Setup:
Strain: Aussie Sativa (unsure to be honest random bag of seeds)
System Type: Ebb & Flow
Reservoir: 25L Res to 10L Flood tank Aerated with dual port air pump & Air stones.
Medium: Mineral Rocks
Lights: Led 15w Broad Spectrum Light & 100w CFL. Timed
Grow Area: Old Bakers Cupboard 100Lx60Wx200H (cm)
Insulation: Car Reflective Sun Shade
Nutrients: Monsta Budz Organic (Australian Company) 350ppm Temp: 25-26* PH- 7.1 will lower next nute change (using pool scale)
Ventilated: Yes Desk Fan inside, plenty of fresh air intake.
Light Cycle: 12/12 Veg
Flood Cycle: 15min Floods every 4hrs. Timed

Anything Im Missing Or should change?. Or anyone had experience growing with LED? with any tips.

20130621_212827_zpsa26441f2.jpg

The Sprout :D......... Tomato that is ;).
20130621_212855_zpsad267e30.jpg

Setup From the Door (Most Wiring Hidden AMAP, a little untidy at the moment)

20130621_212912_zpsc63d162d.jpg

Space In the Cupboard.... Light Board is on removable shelf for Adjustment.

Overall i think im doing ok. However this is the 2nd plant to go through... the first died overnight last week about 3wks of age. unsure of the cause just wilted and would not revive so to say.
Thanks For reading.... More updates to come.

subscribed. you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. you want a lighting schedule of light on 18 hours light off 6 hours for vegetative growth and light on 12 hours light off 12 hours for flowering. most growers using compact florescent lighting use socket Y spliters with multiple compact florescent light bulbs. you want a cool white 6500 kelvin for vegetative growth and a warm white 2700 kelvin for flowering. several L.E.D growers report using half the amount of nutrients compared to High Intensity Lighting. with 350 ppm your nutrient strength is too strong for a seedling. i would run plain pH adjusted water in your system until your plant is larger and the leaves begin to yellow.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Thanks heaps for your insight, I will adjust my ph and ppm accordingly, iv also printed out that chart as a base reference. the CFL i have now is a 7500k cool daylight Phillips Tornado Bulb. Any tips with these. For LED only using half the nutrients is that due to the LED penetration being less?. so no nutrients till say 2wks?.
Thanks Again
Blonk6

your 7500 kelvin compact florescent light bulb is just fine for vegetative growth. i do not have an answer why L.E.D growers are reporting the plants using less nutrients but it is possibly why. i would wait until your plant has several nodes before introducing nutrients.

Just a quick update.... Dropped Ph to approx 6.5 - 6.8 based on a pool test kit. Exchanged reservior fluid with bottled water. Some growth in the little fella. More pics when it gets a bit more interesting. Have decided to ditch the low powered LED as it seems outdone by 1 7500k cfl. Trip to the Hardware store tomorrow for some more supplies. Any Advice on Generic CFL brands which have good results?
Thanks for reading
Blonk6

Updates!!! Day 6 For this Baddy :D...... Adjusted PH again to approx 5.6. Added Secondary 7500k Cfl. Flushed Reservior again because of slimy film?. What causes this i have the water aerated sufficiently (two air stones). I also have a heater in the res... could it be getting to warm?.
Wk1reschangeaddedcflph68orlower_zps8af9a253.jpg

temperatures of 69-70 degrees Fahrenheit are idea for hydroponics, i am not sure how warm you have your heater set to. you may have some bacteria in your reservoir but most likely it is due to using organics that require some bacteria to break down the nutrients, you can add hydrogen peroxide at 5-10 millilitres per gallon to cut down the slime.

Just Some More Pics This Week..... Have added a new sprout that is around the same age as the first plant..... but is rocketing away :D.
Also I have started to notice yellowing on the leaves of the original plant.... Nutes have been added since i noticed approx 4 days ago. Im using nutes that a friend gave me 'Dutch Masters Original Part A&B'. Should they have responded by now?.

This Is Big Baddy :p Day 1 Inside
plant2_zps43089a97.jpg

Big Baddy Day 3 Inside
Bigbaddy_zps4d8063e1.jpg

Lil Baddys Disfunction :(
Lilbaddysleaveswk3nutes_zps1016b851.jpg

Thanks Again For Reading guys :goodjob:

Hey Guys Finally back on here with some updates... its been a while. but some big improvements have been seen i think. just some updates to my setup im now running a Homemade C02 setup with Yeast and Sugar. my growing space has been increased and also 2 more 24w cfls have been added also. Heres some pics of how there going.
LB 4/7/2013
20130704_100812_zps400124cf.jpg

BB 4/7/2013
20130706_163840_zps70ddeefb.jpg

7/10/13 BB
20130710_155413_zps5b6d4dde.jpg

7/10/13 LB
20130710_155420_zpsdbaa4ad9.jpg

2/8/13 LB
20813_zps9513a79f.jpg

2/8/13 BB
20130801_200027_zpse67f521f.jpg

Hope you enjoy i realise there a bit small but im happy with them lol
oh this is the new room
108131_zps392ceb28.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom