Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

Bit late to the show but best part awaits!
I wont be able to offer much help on diagnosing issues as im still learning myself and definitely not 'qualified'..... but will be here to the end and help where and if i can! Good luck!
:snowboating:
Hey, thanks for stopping by. Hopefully things will start to be more interesting as the girls get further into flower. This is only my second grow ever, so most everyone is more experienced than me. All input is welcome.

Just a quick update: Gave the LSD-25 a gallon of week 5 feed. She is a strange girl. She had deformed leaves right from the start and still has one branch making deformed leaves and is a bit behind the rest of the plant at forming pistils. It will be interesting to see how that branch develops.

I also sprinkled two tablespoons of dolomite lime around the surface of the promix to hopefully add a bit more magnesium to help with the deficiency she is showing.

I'm sure it is just me, or maybe I got a bad batch of Megacrop or Pro Mix (but I doubt it) but I have had a heck of a time with these two plants. Both are still stretching and developing, but both are behind the girl in the Super Soil as far as development of early flower parts and both are still much paler in color than she is as well.

Speaking of the Blue in Super Soil, she is just chugging along. She has a few yellow tips and a few claw leaves, but overall looks very healthy and strong. She is easily the healthiest at this point.

And some pics to go along with the above. Blues continue to stretch.

IMG_0879.jpg

LSD-25 starting to get a bit of stretch:

IMG_0881.jpg

Close up of her weird leaves:

IMG_0885.jpg

Happy Hump day everyone!

And some pics to go along with the above. Blues continue to stretch.

IMG_0879.jpg

LSD-25 starting to get a bit of stretch:

IMG_0881.jpg

Close up of her weird leaves:

IMG_0885.jpg

Happy Hump day everyone!
Could be genetics? Odd to see only one area with deformed leaves. Ive seen a journal here where one of the early fan leaf was missing one of her large fingers with only 4 total.

Could be genetics? Odd to see only one area with deformed leaves. Ive seen a journal here where one of the early fan leaf was missing one of her large fingers with only 4 total.
I think that’s exactly what it is. She’s just a special phenotype. Interesting to note in that middle picture, you can see I planted her off to the left side of the pot and bent her over pretty sharply. You can then see I trained her across the pot until I ran out of room and she has shot up. You can see her main cola stretching upwards. I tried to keep it even or below the other branches, but she was having none of that. I’d have run out of room if I hadn’t done the LST because she seems to be just starting to stretch.

I think that’s exactly what it is. She’s just a special phenotype. Interesting to note in that middle picture, you can see I planted her off to the left side of the pot and bent her over pretty sharply. You can then see I trained her across the pot until I ran out of room and she has shot up. You can see her main cola stretching upwards. I tried to keep it even or below the other branches, but she was having none of that. I’d have run out of room if I hadn’t done the LST because she seems to be just starting to stretch.

Ill be doing the same with my GC clone once i repot....shes been LST to mostly one side so once i uppot i will have put the rootball towards one side of the pot. I wonder if planting the rootball up close against the new pot will be damaging or cause stress.

Day 32 from seed:

Everyone is looking better now. Both girls in Pro Mix are getting full strength feed at this point which is 6g MC/5ml ProTekt/5ml CalMag per gallon. They are both looking greener as can be seen in the natural light photos. Blue Dream'matic in Super Soil getting RO water with 1ml organic cal mag (different from the botanicare calmag that the others are getting) and she is showing lots of bud sites starting up. The Blue in ProMix doesn't have quite as many sites, but the top ones are starting to show some early trichomes which neither of the other two are. LSD-25 is almost as tall as the others now and has some of the side branches starting to reach the level of the LST'd main cola.

Blue Dream'matic in Super Soil:

IMG_0899.jpg

LSD-25 in ProMix: I cut off all the leaves that were showing a cal/mag deficiency. Now I can see if I got it under control. She's a little droopy but she just got a drink so she'll perk up in an hour or two.

IMG_0895.jpg

Blue Dream'matic in ProMix:

IMG_0896.jpg

Early trichomes showing on her:

IMG_0897.jpg

Same plant/flower under the LED lights:

IMG_0901.jpg

Happy growing everyone!

Looks pretty close to cruise control to me. :thumb:

I take off the damaged leaves as well, so I can tell if there's new damage. Otherwise I would have no clue!

Thanks! Just waiting for some trichomes to show on the Blue in Super Soil. She seems ahead of the others in development other than that. I'm sure they will come. She got some RO water with organic calmag and some dolomite lime on top of her soil since she was showing a few leaves with deficiency. Blue in Megacrop/promix got full strength MC yesterday and the LSD felt this morning like she should get the same later today or tomorrow. Hopefully the flowers will develop well on all the girls. They look like they should give as good a harvest as my last grow, although I'm hoping for a bit better.

The girls are cruising along. The LSD-25 continues to make bizarre leaves primarily, but not exclusively on one branch and I'm just not sure what that branch is going to do, but I'm not going to cull it. Blue Dream'matic in super soil continues to be easy. Water with a little organic calmag is all I've done, other than training and defoliating. If this continues, this is going to be my preferred way of growing, but we still have to get through flower. Blue in ProMix is looking better all the time. She is different from the one in super soil, but I'm fully aware that two different seeds can produce different looking plants. I've not tried photo's yet and certainly not cloning, which would be the only way this test would be really valid.

Anyway if anyone is watching, here are some pics:

Here is Blue Dream'matic Auto in Pro Mix with Megacrop:

mcblue.jpg

A view from the top. I'd like to see more bud sites, but I'm sure she'll produce some nice flowers:

mcblue top.jpg

She's starting to frost up faster than both her sisters:

mcblue flower.jpg

Flowers starting to fill in the gaps:

mcblue flower2.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix with Megacrop:

lsd.jpg

Look at these bizarre leaves:

lsd leaves.jpg

She's starting to make some trichomes:

lsd flower.jpg

Blue Dream'matic in FFOF/Super Soil:

ssblue.jpg

A view from the top:

ssblue top.jpg

The tent is starting to get crowded:

tent.jpg

Anyway, happy growing everyone!

Now they just sit there and bulk up! It's going to be a good harvest :).
I sure hope so! I’m excited to see how they turn out. The LSD-25 is supposed to turn into a dark purple during flower. After a month of trying to get the humidity up in there, now begins the struggle to get it down. Realistically, despite a window A/C, a heater, a humidifier and a dehumidifier, I can only get it up to the upper 50’s and down to about 40%, which is fine since I keep my guitars in that room and that is an ideal range for them.

Hey folks,

I have a bit of a problem with this LSD-25. Just to review, she is in Pro MixHP getting full strength nutes which is 6g MC, 5mg Botannicare CalMag and 5mg ProTekt. She has several leaves getting brown spots. I thought at first it was just a color change since this is supposed to turn purple in flower, but these leaves have definite brown and are a bit crispy where the brown is. I thought I had a Ca or Mg deficiency before, and had put two tablespoons of dolomite lime pellets on the top of the soil last week and thought I had it under control. I have no idea if that is what this is or something else.

Here is a pic on the plant and one after I cut two of the leaves off and photo under natural light.

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Any suggestions anyone?

Thank you for that. Gives me a direction to go. I think the lime has already melted into the soil, but I will take her to the tub and give 10-15 gallons (??) plain water then 5.5g mc/gal feeding. She is in a 5 gal. pot.

Well, now I have something going on with my Super Soil Blue. I had previously thought I was seeing signs of a Ca or Mg deficiency, so the last two feedings, I have added half strength (1ml/gal) organic calmag.
This one:

71UY5ARqvzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A number of reviews of the soil mentioned they had a deficiency in flower, so I thought this a safe bet. Now, I have more bad leaves and I don't know if the deficiency is bad enough to require more, or possibly more likely, I misread things and meddled where I shouldn't. I plan to go back to just water for the next round to see if that helps or makes it worse. They advise you not water to runoff, so I'm not going to do any flushing on this one. It is mostly on newer, upper growth.

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom