Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

The clawing you see up top in the supersoil most likely is the roots finding the pockets of good stuff down there and reacting to that a bit... they will adapt and you should only burn the micro tips with itsy bitsy dead triangles...and then it will be fine.

The MC plant is showing you much longer burning damage at the tips, significant damage. GLN instructs that when you see damage, back down the dosage. We could go into the nature of the damage and what it is saying to us, but that is not necessary. According to their instructions you still need to fine tune your correct dosage.

This is an interesting grow to watch because two completely different feeding systems are going to show completely different responses to the same environment and I like it that we have an organic grow there to be a sort of a standard as we watch.
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, the clawing is not happening in the super soil. The LSD-25 is in Promix with Megacrop. (Edit: Having looked at the pics, I do see some claws on the Super Soil Blue. They seem different to the ones on the LSD.) So I’m going to let everyone dry out a bit. After that, the two in promix will get a bit of a flush and I’ll back off the nutes for that feeding.

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, the clawing is not happening in the super soil. The LSD-25 is in Promix with Megacrop. (Edit: Having looked at the pics, I do see some claws on the Super Soil Blue. They seem different to the ones on the LSD.) So I’m going to let everyone dry out a bit. After that, the two in promix will get a bit of a flush and I’ll back off the nutes for that feeding.
Please research the implications of giving water only (called flushing above) in a Megacrop grow. Backing off is fine... giving water only sets up instant deficiencies across the board on that watering, and it will be very hard to read whether the plant is improving or getting worse. I strongly recommend simply coming in at a lower MC dosage and then read your plant 2-3 days later to see its effect.
Glad you saw the clawing at the top on the super soil grow... and because it is only the top growth reacting, you can assume that it is being caused by the corresponding newest root growth getting in trouble, which is directly connected to reactions in that new upper growth. That newest root growth is that which is now reaching down into and exploring the supersoil, seeking extra water and nutrients, and finding it a little bit hot. It is an interesting overall reaction and one to note as you read the plant, realizing that the older root growth that is associated with the oldest lower leaves, those oldest roots in the center mass of the pot, are fine.

Day 23:

So I checked on the girls last night and the Blue in FFOF/Super Soil was dry and wilting, so she got a half gallon of RO water and this morning looks fantastic other than the slight clawing. I agreed that the ProMix girls needed to dry out, so last night despite being dry, I let them go until this morning and they were quite sad looking. Each of the ProMix/Megacrop girls got a half gallon of drink/feed with 2.5g megacrop and 2.5ml of CalMag which is a slight drop in dosage. I did still give 3ml of ProTekt.

LSD-25 in ProMix/Megacrop:

IMG_0846.jpg

Blue Dream'matic in ProMix/Megacrop:

IMG_0845.jpg

Blue Dream'matic in FFOF/Super Soil:

IMG_0847.jpg

As always, questions, comments? Thank you to @Emilya , @InTheShed and @farside05 for your helpful comments so far. Happy growing everyone!

Feel free to take off the lower leaves that are touching the soil! It makes for better airflow, will allow the medium to dry out more evenly, and prevent the leaves from burning where they make contact.

Yeah, I'll do that. I am always unsure what leaves to take off. I have one yellowing leaf on the low side of the Blue in ProMix. It's low, so I'll remove it, I am going to watch for other yellowing though.

I have to say that from seedling to this point in veg, the plant in FFOF with Super Soil is the strongest, greenest and by far the easiest since I have only given it RO water. We'll see what happens as they all start approaching flower.

I think I've got a poorly plant! Blue Dream'matic in Promix with megacrop is turning yellow. Old growth first. The plant overall is much paler than its counterpart in the super soil. I did some trimming of lower leaves. Look at the color difference and the poor color of the promix girls leaves. There are more leaves yellowing on the plant. Deficiency?

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

And now at dinner time, both girls in ProMix/Megacrop look happier after getting a better feed this morning. Still lighter in color than the girl in Super Soil, but definitely better and much perkier.

Group pic with (l to r) Blue in Super Soil, Blue in ProMix and LSD-25 (I did a bit of tying down on her so she looks smaller than she is)

IMG_0853.jpg

Thanks for the help all.
Happy Growing!

Day 26:

Light Blue in ProMix is stretching despite her pale complexion. She got a gallon of week 4 feed this morning. (4g MC, 4ml each ProTekt and CalMag) Dark Blue in Super Soil continues to stretch, but I tied her two main stalks down a bit so she's now lower than her pale sister. LSD-25 is supposed to be a heavy drinker, but her soil is still damp towards the bottom and she isn't showing any sign of being dry, so she hasn't had a drink in a few days. Probably tomorrow. She is lower, but is an indica dominant, so she's not going to stretch like the Blues I don't think. I've also tied her down a good bit. I think I'm pretty much done training them all at this point. I'm going to feed/water and watch 'em grow!

Anyway, group shot for today. L-R: Blue Dream'matic in Super Soil, Blue Dream'matic in Promix/Megacrop, LSD-25 in Promix/Megacrop.

IMG_0866.jpg

Happy Growing!

Day 27:

So, it is clear that I had a deficiency, not an excess. Both Promix/Megacrop girls have had a drink with 4/4/4 nutes and are looking much, much better. I'm still hoping to green up the Blue, but she's stretching and starting to make some early flowers at the same pace as her Super Soil sister who has been getting just water and I just started adding 1ml of a fully organic cal/mag that as far as I can see doesn't have any significant nitrogen. LSD is stretching a bit as well and starting to show more pistils as well. All are drying out at different paces, so they all are watered different days. Both the Promix/megacrop girls will get a bump up in Megacrop next feeding. Both could still be greener and the LSD despite still clawing a bit on some leaves hasn't burned a tip, so she'll get bumped up. Here's a group pic from the side and above and as always, comments and questions and general chit chat welcomed!

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

Happy growing everyone!

I have a bit of a problem to report and ask if anyone has advice. A few leaves on my LSD-25 that is in ProMix getting Megacrop. Last feed was yesterday at 4g Megacrop, 4ml ProTekt, 4ml CalMag. Is this a calcium deficiency? The plant is growing quite well overall and most of the leaves look great. This was on maybe 4 or 5 leaves. None of the other plants show anything and there are no bugs that I can see.

IMG_0878.jpg

Suggestions?

Bit late to the show but best part awaits!
I wont be able to offer much help on diagnosing issues as im still learning myself and definitely not 'qualified'..... but will be here to the end and help where and if i can! Good luck!
:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom