Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Here is a decked out AK-47 Christmas spog® for a wonderful happy and Christmas filled with family and love!
full

Happy New Year, Boo and Family!💚

Happy New Year Boo! Wishing you the best in 2023. :Rasta:

Hi all. Thanks so much for the Christmas and New Years wishes! Sorry I’ve not been around much lately. Just been busy with a lot of things. I harvested the Purple Lemonade and the Tangie during the last weeks of December. Purple Lemonade didn’t disappoint:
PXL_20221227_194129720.jpg

I think that’s about what I got from the first one. This recent plant wasn’t nearly as purple as the first one. Oh well. I was surprised by the little Tangie, she was very short but there was a lot hidden underneath her. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20230105_144203791.MP.jpg

I was surprised to get even 2 ounces off of her. Hopefully she’s a good smoke.
PXL_20230104_155858237.jpg

The little Schuyler Skunk clone appears to be free from mites. All new growth is looking good….I think she’s hungry. I’m a dolt and have only been giving her water with SNS 209. That will change soon. My little Original Limonade Skunk has not been growing very well and her little leaves are starting to turn brown… :oops:
PXL_20230104_155952842.MP.jpg

Not sure what the deal is but I don’t have time to mess around with it. I was thinking about pitching her and came home to this
PXL_20230105_022955976.PORTRAIT.jpg

So, see ya OLS. I think I’ll drop two auto seeds. I need to decide which ones and get that started today. I‘ll update here once I do. I hope everyone had a good holiday season and is leaning forward into a prosperous and peaceful new year. :love:

I harvested the Purple Lemonade and the Tangie during the last weeks of December. Purple Lemonade didn’t disappoint:
little Tangie, she was very short but there was a lot hidden underneath her.
Noice on both harvests...congratulations!
The little Schuyler Skunk clone appears to be free from mites. All new growth is looking good….I think she’s hungry. I’m a dolt and have only been giving her water with SNS 209. That will change soon.
Definitely hungry but I'm sure you'll turn that around in short order. Nice to hear it's mite-free!
My little Original Limonade Skunk has not been growing very well and her little leaves are starting to turn brown
:( Too wet maybe?
I was thinking about pitching her and came home to this
:eek: Plant equivalent of self-immolation? And you may not have a cat but I believe you have a puppy? :cheesygrinsmiley:
So, see ya OLS. I think I’ll drop two auto seeds. I need to decide which ones and get that started today. I‘ll update here once I do.
:popcorn:

Hi all. :ciao: Sorry I haven’t posted much lately, I’ve had a real struggle germinating seeds…. I’ve gone thru half a dozen and finally have babies. Here we go:
PXL_20230128_154434253.PORTRAIT.jpg

The is the Schuyler Skunk clone that came to me with mite damage. I up potted her to a one gallon pot and treated her with @Sierra Natural Science products for a couple of weeks and she appears to be free of them. I’ve been trying to grow her in the basement but it’s just too cold. The combination of the light, warm mist humidifier, and the heating mat is barely keeping it 70 degrees in the tent - and cooler when the lights are off.
PXL_20230128_154443218.PORTRAIT.jpg

New growth looks good, but you can see she’s struggling. I had been germinating seeds on top of my dryer in the mud room but it’s been cold and the humidity is really low in the main house and in the basement - I think that’s been the issue with my terrible germination percentage lately. Up next is the 10 day old Blackberry auto. She doesn’t look that great but I think she’s starting to improve.
PXL_20230128_154515544.PORTRAIT.jpg

Her color is not great. She’s being fed Prescription Blend (for a few days now). She does have roots coming out of the bottom of the cup so hopefully she improves in color soon.
PXL_20230128_154618019.PORTRAIT.jpg
Next is Orange Sherbet auto. I made some changes to the environment and she came up like a boss and looks healthy and green. She is 3 days old.
PXL_20230128_154557837.PORTRAIT.jpg

I‘ve never used humidity domes for germinating, but during this time of the year it appears to be the new norm. I have moved the clone and the germination station to my kitchen counter temporarily in order to figure out what the hell I need to do to make things work.
PXL_20230128_154745599.PORTRAIT.jpg

I need a heater inside my tent. I’ve ordered and returned several, and have finally decided on this:
PXL_20230128_154644463.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230128_154652640.PORTRAIT.jpg

It’s a portable oil filled heater that heats to a certain temperature, shuts down when it reaches it, and turns back on when it cools to a certain temperature. I’ve had it for a few days now and have been able to maintain a relatively stable temperature of 80 degrees with it.
PXL_20230128_154754328.PORTRAIT.jpg

See how low my humidity is? I’ve tried putting the humidifier on the floor in front of the counter and it does nothing… I’ve thought about going back into the mud room closet with this grow but I really don’t want an extension cord across the floor with a puppy running around. The heater is about a foot tall and maybe 18” wide so it should easily fit in the tent. I ordered a second one for my other tent and once it gets here I will move everyone downstairs, add warm mist humidifiers, and see how that works. :D In the meantime, I’m uncomfortable with the domes on the seedlings. Should I take them off every couple of hours, leave them on full time, or…..? I’m open to suggestions on that, please. Finally, I got a gift card to a grow shop in town and let the owners talk me into a new set of nutrients. It‘s called Lotus and has Grow, Bloom, Cal Mag, and Boost formulas that are used during various stages of the grow. I fed the Schuyler Skunk with it today. Anyone out there ever used them?

That’s it for me today. I hope all of you are doing well, and thanks for looking! :peace:

Nice to see a slew of plants here again. Can't wait until they're worth a ruler!
The is the Schuyler Skunk clone that came to me with mite damage. I up potted her to a one gallon pot and treated her with @Sierra Natural Science products for a couple of weeks and she appears to be free of them.
Looking good now! Were you spraying or watering (or both) with SNS? And which ones?
Up next is the 10 day old Blackberry auto. She doesn’t look that great but I think she’s starting to improve.
With those roots growing I'd say the best is yet to come. :thumb:
Next is Orange Sherbet auto. I made some changes to the environment and she came up like a boss and looks healthy and green. She is 3 days old.
Oh there ya go! Seems like old times at the BooGrow. :)
have been able to maintain a relatively stable temperature of 80 degrees with it.
Excellent! It didn't work for me in the shed because it's uninsulated, but now I have it in my son's room next to the tent and it's doing a much better job.
Should I take them off every couple of hours, leave them on full time, or…..? I’m open to suggestions on that, please.
Ooh ooh I have one...start tipping the domes back a little more each day until they're used to the low RH. Still, a Vick's vaporizer might do a better job of both adding steam and some warmth.
It‘s called Lotus and has Grow, Bloom, Cal Mag, and Boost formulas that are used during various stages of the grow. I fed the Schuyler Skunk with it today. Anyone out there ever used them?
Never heard of them, but if you want me to run them through the old nute calculator LMK.

I'm having winter and other hitches too Boo. You're not alone. I use an "

AIRCARE MA Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier "​

from amazon to get the whole celler up to rh in winter sometimes. We also have one for the main house area too. It's a wick style, not electronic. Just a fan blowing across a wick in water. No mineral dust residu.

Were you spraying or watering (or both) with SNS? And which ones?
I was spraying and watering the clone, and all of my grows (since the GSC comparative in mid 2021) now include the SNS in the feeding regimen.
Ooh ooh I have one...start tipping the domes back a little more each day until they're used to the low RH. Still, a Vick's vaporizer might do a better job of both adding steam and some warmth.
Those domes are glass beakers so perhaps I should purchase some small, clear plastic cups. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can try to fit the Vicks vaporizer on the counter, but I don’t want to eff up my wood cabinet above it…:straightface:

I use an "

AIRCARE MA Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier "​

from amazon to get the whole celler up to rh in winter sometimes. We also have one for the main house area too. It's a wick style, not electronic. Just a fan blowing across a wick in water. No mineral dust residu.
Thanks for that SO. It seems to be a reasonably priced solution to not only the plant issues but also my dried out eyes and sinus too! Where do you put yours in the main house?

Back
Top Bottom