Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Congrats on the harvest!
We've had this container sitting around for years...guess what I'm gonna do?
You're gonna save yourself a lot of work- That's a cool tank- next best thing to having running water in the playhouse!

I cut the Zkittles yesterday
Congrats! More jars needed :)
Big Momma continues to be happy in her shady spot.
Now that you're back, I think you should move it back into the sun to maximize the waning hours of summer. It's the lux that the sun puts out that builds the buds you're looking for.
We've had this container sitting around for years...guess what I'm gonna do?
Looks like you might be able to fill it with water?

Alright. So I am looking towards the next (indoor) grow and need to figure out timing. My little wooden locker is in place and waiting for occupants (pics tomorrow maybe). I was looking at time descriptions for the two current occupants off the tent and realized this:

ULTRA LEMON HAZE
These genetics have created something incredibly special and this has made it one of our favourites. The Super Lemon Haze was a multiple cup winner for good reason. These traits have carried through into our Ultra Lemon Haze. As a sativa dominant the buds are long and dense, with typical sativa shape shade leaves. The smoke is spectacular and the stone distinctly psychedelic. It has an excellent balance between a physical body buzz and soaring cerebral high. Ultra Lemon Haze can be grown well both indoors and out. When growing this strain indoors, this strain requires a good level of control and management to obtain the best results. Average height will be 60-70cm indoors. Some phenotypes can extend up to 80cms+ if grown outdoors in optimal conditions. Due to the dominance of the Sativa genes and low percentage of Ruderalis, this is not a standard autoflowering variety. For optimum yield and maximum psychoactivity (THC content) 90+ days is recommended. Indoors special care must be taken. Unlike other autos the best light cycle for Ultra Lemon Haze is 12-16 hours. It is also best to change from vegetative nutrients to flowering nutrients at week 5/6. This will ensure the best crop. Outdoors, Ultra Lemon Haze can be planted from early March to the beginning of July. The flowering period will never be shorter than 60 days. The extra time and care required for Ultra Lemon Haze will bring outstanding rewards. Once grown, it will leave you wanting to make this a regular addition to your grow room.

So, 60+ days for flowering. I missed that originally, as well as the recommendation on light cycle. Fortunately that’s the light cycle I have her and the Dreamberry on. I count her in flower on 18 August. I’m just gonna go for my favorite holiday and say she will be ready by Halloween. That’s a good thing cause she is lanky and weird looking right now! Really hoping she bulks up well since she’s got room! In the meantime I think I can get seedlings going but want to make sure I’ve got room in the tent when they are ready To move. The Dream berry should be a couple weeks ahead of her. So I’m thinking maybe drop some seeds next week. The Berry Ryder looks delicious and the Chemdog looks right up my ally...but I feel a little guilty about the Zkittles so I may redo that one... nice to have options! Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for reading. :green_heart:

Sometimes I feel like I should rename my journal "The Saga Starts here". Big Momma has another problem and I'm not sure I can outrun it:
IMG_20200910_103717.jpg
IMG_20200910_103650.jpg

Looks like budrot to me. It is starting on the lowers. I need to go get a ladder to get a good look at the tops. Chimney guys are here so it will have to wait for now.
The Ultra Lemon Haze is a weirdo. Will it fill out or ?
IMG_20200910_103006.jpg

IMG_20200910_102939.jpg

Happy Thursday.

Looks like budrot to me and it might be time to take the plant down, toss the rot, and use the rest for either hash, edibles, or topical oil. It looks like it's spreading fast.
The Ultra Lemon Haze is a weirdo. Will it fill out or ?
Based on the pure sativa look to that, I'm thinking you will get a lot of bud-balls all along the stems. Based on the sparsity of pistils I don't think they will fill out anything close to an more indica-leaning strain.

Looks like budrot to me and it might be time to take the plant down, toss the rot, and use the rest for either hash, edibles, or topical oil. It looks like it's spreading fast.
Thanks Shed. I got a look at the tops and no issues on any of them, yet. The two pics I posted were of the two bottom branches - which were removed this afternoon. I know it's just a matter of time... Darn. I guess I need to learn how to make a topical oil. :thanks:

Queens of the Stone Age’s “Long Slow Goodbye”. Love that song and it was ever so appropriate. :cheesygrinsmiley: :green_heart:
Love QotSA. You of course know that Dave was their drummer for a year or so? Bet you did. :laughtwo:
Have you listened to Them Crooked Vultures? It's Josh from QotSA , Dave and John Paul Jones.
Josh reminds me of Elvis but ruddy.

Sorry for all the forking rot. Growing outside is something that I don't think I could ever do. Imagine if I got 'pillars'.
I'd set the whole plant on fire. Not kidding.

Can't wait to see the cabinet!!!!!

Thanks VG! Yep, I’ve seen Them Crooked Vultures at a tiny little venue in DC (930 Club - which Dave is part owner of). They were great!

The forking rot has been painful to watch, and honestly all the bugs outside just really gross me out (except for the praying mantis). However, getting the plants to grow to the giant sizes they have is very eye opening! I have already been thinking about how to start off next year with a systemic approach hopefully get ahead of mites, caterpillars, etc. we shall see! :green_heart:

Okay, here's a little update for the start of the weekend. First, humid and rainy here today. Finally stopped but it is still sticky outside. The container captured a lot of rain for a half-assed, need to go to Lowe's setup!
IMG_20200911_165120.jpg

My cabinet is almost done. I need to add a fan and think about what system to buy for the tent that I can share with the cabinet.
IMG_20200911_172955.jpg

IMG_20200911_172944.jpg

IMG_20200911_172932.jpg

The center shelf is removable so I could easily grow an auto in it if desired. With the holes in the back it will never be totally dark inside, but it does have a very low light output with the door shut and the screen I out over the holes in the back. It will only ever be a veg/auto closet. Like I said, it's not quite there yet but I do want to have occupants in it next week so I need to finish up. Suggestions welcome!

And thank you!
Lovely job on the cabinet Boo. It appears 420 has a bunch of tool handy ladies around here. I have seen several great ideas that you girls have strung together lately. Nicely done.
Thanks MrS. :green_heart: I’m not totally happy with it but for now it will fill the desire to contain everything in the Playhouse over the Fall and Winter. I’ve got autos in the tent so seedlings next to it shouldnt be an issue. However, I am concerned about the colder temps. The Playhouse is basically on stilts. Not sure what the real term is for that kind of structure, but the entire bottom/underneath of the building is above ground. There is insulation under the floor, but....I think its gonna get pretty cold even with heat In the building. I don’t have any height left since I put the extension on so lifting it up like @Virgin Ground did is not an option. I’m wondering if a heat mat would be safe and efficient. Still so much to learn! Happy Friday eve. :blunt:

Well the inside is off the floor so that's good. Stuff some blankets under the cabinet between the floor and the base and that will stop and cold air sneaking through the bottom base. Make sure the cabinet is not touching the walls if it's a mobile structure.

Well the inside is off the floor so that's good.
I believe you are referring to the new cabinet addition? Yes! It is.
Stuff some blankets under the cabinet between the floor and the base and that will stop and cold air sneaking through the bottom base.
Thats a great idea. Thank you!
Make sure the cabinet is not touching the walls if it's a mobile structure.
It is mobile and is not touching the walls - but only because....I don’t know. So thank you for that too! :love:

I was actually more concerned about the tent. I don’t have room to lift it up off the floor. I’m wondering if I should get some stands a little higher than what I have right now to put the plants on, and run a very small heater inside the tent? The plants would have warmer airflow around them...or pump it into the tent from the room which I put a heater in? It may be time to pull the trigger on a ventilation system...

Back
Top Bottom