Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Congratulations to your son, Boo!
Worrying about them is just what we do- fortunately, you can be proud and worried at the same time!
Thank you Carcass. Very good words of wisdom....I am very proud, and you are right, I can also be worried. Thanks for that!
Congratulations to your son!
Thanks Oldsmokey. It was a joyful weekend.
What a great day. Congratulations to all those chairs. The helmets look small but I guess they stretch. You should be very proud of your son Boo! What a great accomplishment!
:love:
Thanks MrS! They did look small and they were squeezed down to the smallest fitting possible! I believe they are still made of leather (but I should probably google that). My boy was so glad to be getting a new helmet since his other one was pretty beaten up. He worked hard and I am proud (and worried :eye-roll:). :love:

Let's do a little update. I want to start by saying that I've forgotten to thank everyone here who helped me drag those Cinderellas to the Ball and into happily ever after! My gosh that was a lot of work for you guys! You all know who you are are and it is all documented here - so Thank You very, very much! :love:

Now to the update - I fed the Dreamberry on Wednesday and upped her nutes to include some CalMag. On Friday morning I felt that she was still to heavy to feed before heading North for graduation so I let her wait. We got back late this afternoon, she was fine and got fed again along with CalMag. I do not expect to see an improvement in the faded leaves, but it looks to me like they are more faded:
IMG_20200926_164753.jpg
IMG_20200926_164745.jpg
IMG_20200926_164734.jpg

I went ahead and looked at trichs. It looks to me like there are a lot of clear and a little cloudy. Thoughts? I'm thinking she might need a little flush. I tried a "Smart" pot as a test before purchasing Geopots and I can see a "salty" residue on the outside of it....?
2020-9-26 16-50-17.jpg
2020-9-26 16-49-25.jpg
2020-9-26 16-48-45.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but these trich pics look so small compared to the C-99s. :hmmmm:

In the cabinet, the ULH is happy and thriving, growing straight up (no twisty so far), Zkittles has her head buried still but the stem is above the soil. The Berry Ryder did not come up and her seed is hiding somewhere in that cup. I need to relook at the details on the Zkittles to see if I've got room for a third...:cheesygrinsmiley:

It looks to me like there are a lot of clear and a little cloudy. Thoughts?
That's what I'm seeing too, the last pic shows it the best.
The yellowing may just be the normal "fade" that some strains get, but it seems a tad early for that...

A little root rinse wouldn't hurt, and it might even help- if there's salts building up on the outside of pot, there could be nute buildup in the root area also.
I rinsed my ChemDog this morning (she's looking a little rough)- late in the game for her, but as I said- It couldn't hurt...

Hi MrS! Hope your weekend has been good so far.
Baron Von Blurple always said we are growing buds at this stage, not leaves.
Well then, I shall just ignore them!:high-five:
Personally, yellow is not my favorite color. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ditto. Looks terrible on me too. :eek:
That DB sure has made one sweet looking cola
She has, hasn’t she? I’ve been working those Cinderella’s for the last few months so it took a little while for me to get used to and appreciate the beauty of this little gal.:love:
yellow is not my favorite color
I think I may have a nitrogen problem, but Im not sure that it’s not a Mag problem - or maybe the increased Dyna bloom is hurting? :laugh:I’m a couple weeks or so away from harvest. I think I will flush tomorrow and feed with 1/2 nutes. :hmmmm:

A little root rinse wouldn't hurt, and it might even help- if there's salts building up on the outside of pot, there could be nute buildup in the root area also.
I slept on it and I agree that a little root rinse won’t hurt. It’s gorgeous out today so I can do it outside and also collect the harvested C99 roots. She’s in a 3 gallon pot so push three gallons of plain water (maybe I’ll use some of my runoff water!) and then follow up with a feeding. I think that’s what I remember. Need to go research. :nerd-with-glasses:

Good call by the way... with synthetic nutes I see no reason not to automatically do a proper flush going into the last 2 weeks of bud stretch... as you said, nothing wrong with a little root rinse. It's one of those no brainer things as far as I am concerned, especially if I can see the salts that are being produced, on the sides of the bag.

Last dig, and then I will stop :) Fade is telling you something... fade is not natural and does not need to happen, yet because it happens so often in indoor home grows, we tend to console ourselves into believing that it is nothing. I get yellowing leaves all the time, like when I am reluctant to uppot and the plant is complaining at me.... but as long as I know why the yellowing is occurring, I am fine. Those first signs of "fade" (not color change) are telling you it is time to flush... that something is amiss, something is building up and something is being restricted. Pay attention to what your plants are telling you... every leaf. Not every complaint is a crisis that demands you immediately do something... but know why it is happening... don't just ignore it. Not that you were ignoring it; you were discussing it here, and now you know what to do!
Happy Growing!

Good call by the way...
Thanks Emilya. I think I am at the point in my growing experience where I can see things happening earlier now. Still learning the diagnosing part and all opinions help!

don't just ignore it
Wouldn‘t it be great If that worked? The fading, and spots, and bug bites, etc. all bother me. But I do believe that I can grow a plant to harvest with a fairly green canopy. I’m continuing to try!
Happy Growing!
Ditto! And thanks for stopping by! :thanks:

My plant is outside (in a little pot), so I just turned the hose on real low and let water run through
the pot for about an hour, then fed with full strength pH'd nutes- my plant is an old lady, but she did perk up by the end of the day- maybe it's just me, but she seems to look much happier this morning.

My plant is outside (in a little pot), so I just turned the hose on real low and let water run through
the pot for about an hour, then fed with full strength pH'd nutes- my plant is an old lady, but she did perk up by the end of the day- maybe it's just me, but she seems to look much happier this morning.
I brought her outside and poured 9 gallons thru her with the last gallon being full strength nutes. She didn’t seem to have any noticeable reaction to it. So far so good! :high-five:

Morning Boo!
How ya doing? Any plans today?
:passitleft:

@MrSauga - according to your trick (which doesn't work btdubs) I can now come in with MC a 1 g per gal in the same small watering way I've been doing so far. Correct? :thanks: :hug:
Which trick is that? A lot of my tricks don't work so I'm trying to keep track of them. The seedlings look a wee bit wet to me. When I do my autos the top is never saturated. Maybe it's the pic but until it dries out a bit you can't really give her more.

Morning Boo!
How ya doing? Any plans today?
:passitleft:

Which trick is that? A lot of my tricks don't work so I'm trying to keep track of them. The seedlings look a wee bit wet to me. When I do my autos the top is never saturated. Maybe it's the pic but until it dries out a bit you can't really give her more.
Morning MrS! I'm good. Gonna pickle and can some sweet peppers and put a couple coats of paint on a cabinet door that is my test case. Would post pics in my other random area. You?
Last time she got a quick circle of water around her was 6 pm yesterday. I don't think she is still wet but I have old eyes and the ProMix is still new to me so I'm going to stick with what doesn't work for now and see how she looks in a few hours. However - am I correct that she is at the proper point for failure wrt second set of true leaves? ;):thanks:

Back
Top Bottom