Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

And there's a Popstar song for you! It's a great movie. :)
:cheesygrinsmiley: Love it! My go to when I was working was “Natalie Portman”. Very few people knew what I meant when I said it. Need to figure out how to post it!
I did what? Not sure how you got that from "It's easy peasy. Bud, oil, heat, stir, strain. Details when you get to that point." :eek:
I was an “UP” vs a “DOWN” comment...meaning it’s a good thing! I‘m ready to learn new things, sometimes just need a little nudge. I am making a list of questions for you!

I think with some different strains you might have a much better chance at an easy ride.
Please elaborate on those strains!

Hi Boo.. if you right click on the post number in a post you can select 'Copy link address' then paste that link anywhere as a link to the post. The example image below you would right click on the #505 which copies a link to that post. I hope that makes sense.
1600177143234.png

This is it in action:

I am not sure of the best way to infuse oils for edibles and topicals. I do think the easiest way is using a intapot.

@InTheShed do you have any tutorials on making topicals? I use sweet sues pretty basic just infused oil mixed with soy wax. It works just curious of your technique.
@InTheShed s recipe for topicals
I just wanted to clarify about topicals. When you're using the buds, you're making pain oil and that works best without any waxes or thickener. It's just oil and flower. When I get to work I'll find a post on that from one of my older threads.

I have found that pain oil works best with a minimum of 15mg/ml THC, and I have a spreadsheet from Oldbear to do those calculations for you.

The salve is for skin issues as I mention in the post, and is made with the rest of the plant (leaves, stems, and roots). It has beeswax.

I just wanted to clarify about topicals. When you're using the buds, you're making pain oil and that works best without any waxes or thickener. It's just oil and flower. When I get to work I'll find a post on that from one of my older threads.

I have found that pain oil works best with a minimum of 15mg/ml THC, and I have a spreadsheet from Oldbear to do those calculations for you.

The salve is for skin issues as I mention in the post, and is made with the rest of the plant (leaves, stems, and roots). It has beeswax.
Thanks for clearing that up I have used straight infused grapeseed oil it's a little greasy on its own but does absorb. I need to look harder for punkin seed oil. As far as dosage I just wing it same ratio as for my edibles. 35gm bud or quality trim 1 1/4 oil. I have a few people I give it to they say it works really well for pain. I have been told it works much better that what's available commercially.

Thank you for the clarification! I was kind of under the impression that I could use some of big momma for a salve because she is immature? I don’t have any leaves from her since they were so gross.

A pain oil that you can rub on like your salve (ie. WITH Beeswax) actually sounds perfect to me. Does the wax not blend well or?

Thanks again, as usual for your help! :green_heart:

There are hundreds of strains that are better suited for an outside grow than C99. I would start by looking at harvest times to find ones with a shorter flowering time, and some say mold-resistant in the description.
That’s a fair statement - but first time ever seed purchase was the Cindys and PEs and zero experience! I will definitely pay more attention when I purchase my next photos. And I truly understand that it is difficult to grow outdoors and have beautiful leaves - especially where I am.

Here is my complaint/concern.... of the ten seeds originally purchased, four of each germinated. I will chalk that up to being a rookie. 8 remained and 1 of those 8 was a runt. Second grow I dropped and germinated two seeds (Zkittles auto and Bruce Banner auto from Dr. Seeds). Both germinated but the Banner never made it about soil. Dropped another Banner and got another runt. Third grow I dropped two seeds (Dreamberry auto and Ultra Lemon Haze auto From Auto Seeds) both germinated and both grew. Dreamberry is great, but you’ve seen the ULH. Do you believe that ULH plant is normal? I don’t.

So three grows and a weirdo in each of them. I think that percentage is high. Is it just me that has that type of weirdo ratio to grows? Is it “genetics” or is it me? :hmmmm:

I was kind of under the impression that I could use some of big momma for a salve because she is immature? I don’t have any leaves from her since they were so gross.
A pain oil that you can rub on like your salve (ie. WITH Beeswax) actually sounds perfect to me. Does the wax not blend well or?
I haven't found that the THC in buds is anywhere near as effective on skin as the rest of the plant, so any leaves you have will work, along with the stems and roots. It doesn't matter which plant they come from and everything that comes off my plants goes into one big box when it dries.

The reason not to add thickeners to the pain oil is that you want it to penetrate the skin, and any thickeners you add to the oil make the oil remain on the surface, keeping the THC away from where we want it to go.

An immature plant will still have THCa in it, so it just takes more buds per ounce of oil to hit the target of 15mg/ml.
So three grows and a weirdo in each of them. I think that percentage is high. Is it just me that has that type of weirdo ratio to grows? Is it “genetics” or is it me? :hmmmm:
If you can get a plant to germinate and grow, then any plant that doesn't do that under the same conditions is the weirdo here, not you! Autos have a mind of their own, and the ULH doesn't look normal to me! Have you gone to the internet or the breeder's site to see what it's supposed to look like? Because it probably isn't that :).

Have you gone to the internet or the breeder's site to see what it's supposed to look like? Because it probably isn't that :).
oh yeah, I’ve looked all over the place to see if I can find anything like it but no. All the others are “normal” looking.
The reason not to add thickeners to the pain oil is that you want it to penetrate the skin, and any thickeners you add to the oil make the oil remain on the surface, keeping the THC away from where we want it to go.
Ah. That makes perfect sense! :thanks:

I haven't found that the THC in buds is anywhere near as effective on skin as the rest of the plant, so any leaves you have will work, along with the stems and roots. It doesn't matter which plant they come from and everything that comes off my plants goes into one big box when it dries.
Fair enough. I guess I will start collecting the stalks and roots and leaves, etc. I really want to make salve since I don’t need pain oil but have plenty of bug bites to use salve on. Now I need to rethink my plan - I have plenty of time! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom