Boss's Poor Mans Grow

When it was all said and done, I had about 400 watts of cfl's. Most were 2700k or 3000k. The soil was potting soil with added worm castings, some pete moss, some perlite and clay for trace minerals. I watered wet/dry (mostly and gave them high doses of Fox Farms big bloom and Maxicrop sea tea during flowering. The 12/12's we exactly the same, but I gave them a 4-4-4 at 1 week and 15-30-15 at 3 weeks. I fed nutes every watering mostly.

Obviously the beginning plants didn't get the treatment that the 12/12's got, or the consistency. I learned a lot from this grow too ;-)

Thanks for answering Boss. More specifically I would like to know what light range you were using for the vegetative stage. I saw that you used daytime cfl's but what range? 6500k?

I'm looking to nail down a decent technique for vegetative at this point using a mixture of cfl's and fluorescents. I'm gonna try to crawl before I walk. Thanks in advance!

that is a fantastic light dude! well at least the idea is dead on:cheesygrinsmiley:

cant wait till you get a new grow up and what not boss

That took me a minute to get through that whole journal but it was worth it. Sweet journal and even sweeter looking buds. +reps for you hombre.

Thanks for that :)

To answer an earlier question about doing it over with cfl's or hps, for the 12/12 method, I am going to use HID in my next grow (2-400w MH) and the leds.

However under the same situation, I would do it over and over. CFL's and high output floros definately have a nich. It just made so many things a bit easier, and a bit cheaper. They allowed me to add to the grow room a bit at a time vs spending everything up front.

I may end up going back to all cfls, or an LED CFL combo grow again, due to heat concerns. It all depends on how cool I can keep the room.

Thanks Boss,:passitleft:this gives me incentive to move forward and only grow with cfl's.Kinda short of money and hard to dish it all out at once,This will allow me to add lights as I can afford them.I'm growing in 4x2x7 area and when said and done I would like a total of 504 watts (Which is (12) 42 watt bulbs)of cfl's .I started a journal of the grow,join in ALL and ANY tips or help is much appreciated,Thank again.:peace:

CONGRATS ON 1,000 REPLIES!!! :ganjamon: :clap:

Wow is all i have to say. You are the fucking man! that looked like incredible bud! much props dude. I just set up my closet on the third floor hopefully i will be as successful as you, but its my first grow and im not too experienced with the nutes yet. I guess i need to just try and see what happens heh.

Here is my cfl setup
Its in an old speaker cabinet (6 QF), the lamp is an 85W cfl, 5600K
I don't remember the exact lumins, but I remember its over 6000
Its a really bright light!
IMGA0010.JPG

IMGA0011.JPG

I know the plant looks sickly, i have some better sprouts coming along
IMGA0014.JPG

IMGA0013.JPG

i'm a little late on this one but I just wanted to tell you, BOSS, that was an awesome grow. I just read every post in this thread... I sure hope my first grow turns out half as good.

Back
Top Bottom