Boss's Poor Mans Grow

well i planted my first four plants today outside on the verry back of my property nice sun all day and its a place no one goes cause my parents own thirteen acres of land and they know what im doing so its all good.so hopefully this grow will come out good i used growing soil though is that a bad choice?

Hello, I was motivated to create an account after reading this entire journal from start to finish. It took me forever to read it =D

This is a good CFL grow example. I just started my first indoor grow less than 2 weeks ago. I am currently just using T12 40w (4) bulbs right now.

I thought about using CFL's but have decided to go with a 400W HPS for flowering. Now, I am going to create a journal myself, and nice job overall Boss.

I'm only on page 7 of this very informative journal, but I have to crash now as I've gotta be up early 2moz. I've just smoked a J and now I'm going to go watch the MacGyver pilot & maybe episode 2 LOL. This show was on TV here when I was very very young and I never watched it, I've always wanted to know what all the "fuss" was about with this show. According to Patti & Selma of The Simpsons anyway lol, who seem to love it :grinjoint:

Good work boss! You da man! I'm starting my own closet setup soon and I see I've got a lot of ideas already from your journal. This is just what us low-income stoners need :) +rep to ya :clap:

Peace out Ya'll
:peace:

Thank you guys :)

I had no idea, and still have no idea, how this got so popular.

This thread is so popular because it has been a journal written with passion. It is a journal without the fancy frills and flares. It shows that with determination and innovation, a successful Cannabis grow can be accomplished at a minimal cost. It is a journal that young growers all over the world can relate to and learn from. It is a journal that exemplifies the simpleness of technique, in a world where complexity is the norm. It is a model grow.
This journal will continue to be popular for a long time to come, as the message it contains is timeless.
I am so very proud to have been a part of the genesis of the journal. It is a credit to Boss, and to 420 Magazine.

:adore::adore::adore::adore:

Here is a photo from the LED test grow, just before cure. If you look close, you will see why I line the bottom of my paper bags with foil. Gotta catch all those runaway trichs :)

DSCN3782.JPG

:rollit:

Wow this journal really took off, ey. Look at those buds grown with the LEDs very creamy.+rep Boss, real great job.

Thanks for that :)

To answer an earlier question about doing it over with cfl's or hps, for the 12/12 method, I am going to use HID in my next grow (2-400w MH) and the leds.

However under the same situation, I would do it over and over. CFL's and high output floros definately have a nich. It just made so many things a bit easier, and a bit cheaper. They allowed me to add to the grow room a bit at a time vs spending everything up front.

I may end up going back to all cfls, or an LED CFL combo grow again, due to heat concerns. It all depends on how cool I can keep the room.

My 400 MH does not seem to kick out much heat, not compared to the HPS....It is 12" off the top of my plants and the temp is 82 at the tops..I do have some fanage going on though....

Well Boss, it took a while for me to get through the journal. Nice grow, man!
A heck of a good job growing and explaining everything. Gorgeous plant and bud photos too. Beautiful CFL grow. Thanks for sharing.

Shov

:rollit::rollit: uh that wuz supposed to be one of those lil faces..oh well..

When you mentioned your concerenabout the color and a possible calcium def. What color are the stems ? and you might consider checking your Ph and make sure its in the zone to help the nute uptake. You may not have a def. tThey sure look nice. Well done ! How many light will you use for flowering ?
zion

Poor mans grow was the first article I read and that prokmpted the question of what combination of LED and CLF and such. I may have missed that page I still have to put you mosse race all in my favorites just to get back to your spot lol Thanks man z

Back
Top Bottom