Bud Washing

That's a perfect description and how I do it. Gently back and forth, rest, back and forth... till my arms hurt cause I got a lotta weed to wash.

Someone should go into a dispensary and ask where the "washed" buds are! Good luck and report back.

Like this:

"a friend of mine said you all have washed buds...can you show me the washed flowers please?"

Warning... canna science at work..... Me likey.... :thumb: Plus the flater shaped container holds less volume of liquid so same coverage with less input... "less is more", wins again! :high-five:

I bud wash in containers made to fit under your bed (bad feng shui BTW - storing stuff under your bed), so good re-purpose of those large flat containers.

Eye Eye Cappy Zigg-master. FTMFW! Boom

I told my go to guy hey your boy cleans washes his bud tight since green house ?

He looked at me like I was nuts lol

Why does everyone opt for H2o2? I only recommend it for PM.

LJ and BS work better, especially if there are sulfites in the LJ. The combo CLEANS. That's what we want.
I'll skip it next time got more plants that's not ready yet these I should have waited on but it's my first run and I got no patients thanks for the info doc

Why does everyone opt for H2o2? I only recommend it for PM.

LJ and BS work better, especially if there are sulfites in the LJ. The combo CLEANS. That's what we want.

Speaking for myself as a newbie I was worried that I might have mold and not know it. I started with H202 in the first bucket and the LJ and BS in the second. Per your instructions. Is there a downside to this?

Not doc bit of it ain't broke why fix it right?

Meaning no mold no h202

I heard spray bottle h202 with ro mix on buds is safe is this true ?

I know it doesn't prevent only kills so I found it hard to believe why spray on buds of nothing is present ?

Speaking for myself as a newbie I was worried that I might have mold and not know it. I started with H202 in the first bucket and the LJ and BS in the second. Per your instructions. Is there a downside to this?

I only did the peroxide wash to "prove" that it would not do any harm. I'd only use peroxide if I had PM.

The sulfites in the LJ will also kill/prevent mold from the drying process.....which never happens anyways. Basically, you want to clean your buds, not disinfect them.

I only did the peroxide wash to "prove" that it would not do any harm. I'd only use peroxide if I had PM.

The sulfites in the LJ will also kill/prevent mold from the drying process.....which never happens anyways. Basically, you want to clean your buds, not disinfect them.

When I talk with professional contractors, the wise old men take a 'try the easiest stuff first and then go to the hard stuff if you need it' approach to cleaning. If they have a stain, they wash with vinegar and water, then alcohol, then mineral spirits, then paint thinner, then acetone ... etc. (I might have that list wrong, I'm not a professional contractor:) )

I think what Doc Bud is saying is START with Lemon Juice and Baking Soda, and if you need to go to harder stuff (if you have Powedery Mildew), then H202 followed by Lemon Juice and Baking Soda. If you have worse buds than that, throw them away!

When I talk with professional contractors, the wise old men take a 'try the easiest stuff first and then go to the hard stuff if you need it' approach to cleaning. If they have a stain, they wash with vinegar and water, then alcohol, then mineral spirits, then paint thinner, then acetone ... etc. (I might have that list wrong, I'm not a professional contractor:) )

I think what Doc Bud is saying is START with Lemon Juice and Baking Soda, and if you need to go to harder stuff (if you have Powedery Mildew), then H202 followed by Lemon Juice and Baking Soda. If you have worse buds than that, throw them away!

That is 100% what I'm trying to say.

Stoners....we all have a way of making things more complex than they should be. It's budwashing folks, not bud-disinfecting, not mold abatement.....we're washing the buds like we wash our veggies.

Simple. Easy. Reliable, dependable.....why mess with it?

I agree on less in more 100%.

Where I'm from (east coast) if I don't have PM I'm about to have it. I know for sure that the PM spores are in, on, under and floating around my plants.

It's everywhere specially in the fall season. That's how the senescence starts in the fall. All the veggie leaves have PM then the tree leaves then every other green plant, then the leaves turn colors if its cold at night, and fall off. A little breeze.... spores are everywhere.

I feel sorry for folks that have allergies to mold. yikes.

Yeah so my point is, starting with the spring, summer and fall run, I'm using Horsetail fern tea to treat plants for PM/mold spores starting in VEG and usually bud wash with H2o2 as the first washing then I follow Doc's recipe. When we have dew points same temps as air, there's going to be mold. May not see it but it's likely there.

I don't know how the H2o2 thing got into the bud wash thread but it's not a bad thing if you grow in humid conditions like east coast and PACNW... Michigan and Canada as well. Anywhere where the dew point and temps meet at night causes the RH = 100% everything covered with moisture.

I agree on less in more 100%.

Where I'm from (east coast) if I don't have PM I'm about to have it. I know for sure that the PM spores are in, on, under and floating around my plants.

It's everywhere specially in the fall season. That's how the senescence starts in the fall. All the veggie leaves have PM then the tree leaves then every other green plant, then the leaves turn colors if its cold at night, and fall off. A little breeze.... spores are everywhere.

I feel sorry for folks that have allergies to mold. yikes.

Yeah so my point is, starting with the spring, summer and fall run, I'm using Horsetail fern tea to treat plants for PM/mold spores starting in VEG and usually bud wash with H2o2 as the first washing then I follow Doc's recipe. When we have dew points same temps as air, there's going to be mold. May not see it but it's likely there.

I don't know how the H2o2 thing got into the bud wash thread but it's not a bad thing if you grow in humid conditions like east coast and PACNW... Michigan and Canada as well. Anywhere where the dew point and temps meet at night causes the RH = 100% everything covered with moisture.

Yep. If you think you've got spores, H202. No PM? just wash 'em. Either way it's a huge step forward in heath and quality.

H2O2 certainly doesn't do any damage, tried both 3% and 10%(dilluted with water 1 to 3 and 1 to 10 respectively) on both indoor and outdoor ganja.
It works like a charm, and when I tried to skip the H2O2 the bud rot spread during drying...

Keep washing ;)

H2O2 certainly doesn't do any damage, tried both 3% and 10%(dilluted with water 1 to 3 and 1 to 10 respectively) on both indoor and outdoor ganja.
It works like a charm, and when I tried to skip the H2O2 the bud rot spread during drying...

Keep washing ;)

:thumb:

That there is enough for me to use it where we live ... 3/4 of the year RH is above 60% and all the outdoor plants have mold at the end of the season. It is what it is, glad there's something that will kick PM to the curb. I'm always looking for organic solutions for mold and mold spores.

Warm is fine - hot is risky.

I never noticed any trouble with hot water from the tap but I don't recommend it.

:Namaste:

Use cold water from the tap and let it get room temperature, it's the best, warm/hot water can contain all sorts of crap from the heater and pipes.

If you can't wait for the water to get to room temperature(~12-24 hours), first fill up the last rinsing bucket with cold water, and let it sit for as long as possible, while you fill up the other buckets with luke warm water.

Use cold water from the tap and let it get room temperature, it's the best, warm/hot water can contain all sorts of crap from the heater and pipes.

If you can't wait for the water to get to room temperature(~12-24 hours), first fill up the last rinsing bucket with cold water, and let it sit for as long as possible, while you fill up the other buckets with luke warm water.

I really don't see a need take these extra precautions.

We wash our clothes, our dishes, and our hands in tap water. In some places we even drink tap water.

It's tap water, we use it to wash things.

Back
Top Bottom