Bud Washing

took a plant down today...
1011FDC2-F16B-495B-A18B-DC94B6A3F1FF.jpeg
0A893909-0483-48CB-B3CF-CBB1D53676CB.jpeg

Ziggy, that looks freakin awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zafu

I'm dropping the hammer in a few hours once the coffee kicks in got 4 in the dark since Thursday night but I did water them got a 3 gal bucket a 5 gal and a 10 gal. Tote then a final rinse is gonna be done in a big sink with a wide spray nozzle plan is h202 in 3 gal lj bs in 5 gal then rinse in 10 gal I'm cutting each branch so 3 gal should be big enuff for small as I'm cutting might be a plan b involved on a few

Ok im on it what I'm doing not sure if it's right but a way I can explain to fishermen will know like when you got a fish out of the water for awile how you pull him back and forth to get him breathing again that's the way I been doing

I'm dropping the hammer in a few hours once the coffee kicks in got 4 in the dark since Thursday night but I did water them got a 3 gal bucket a 5 gal and a 10 gal. Tote then a final rinse is gonna be done in a big sink with a wide spray nozzle plan is h202 in 3 gal lj bs in 5 gal then rinse in 10 gal I'm cutting each branch so 3 gal should be big enuff for small as I'm cutting might be a plan b involved on a few

don't powerwash it, spray 'mist' or 'gentle shower'..:)

Im washing some today. I came to reread before. Make sure what I wrote down correct. This is what I plan to do....
1st 5gal bucket- 1/4 cup B.Soda w/1/2 cup l.juice
2nd 5gal bucket- 2qt H2O2
3rd/4th 5 gal bucket- rinse buckets
3to1 water to H2o2 in a 5 gal is like 1.5 gal. h202. i bought 2 qts h2o2 3%, so 1/2 gal h2o2 to 4.5 gal water looks like. Im running the b.soda bucket first.
Im Guessing you stir this stuff good before washing. Make sure its well mixed. Im only harvesting/washing the big buds of the Banana today. Everything will get washed this grow correctly. Looks like I need to buy more H2O2 for future washes.
A grow shop by me thats been open forever and dude working has been there for ever, he never heard of washing. I told him Utube it. Next time I saw him I asked what he thought. He said wow, must be good for bugs. I said Rot too. I said Jorge Cervantes does it. He said he saw it. I will take pics of the buds draining on the sheet. Happy Harvest!

In the dehydrator? That thing will dry fast will it not? A bit too fast i reckon. Let us know how it turns out tho and if it still smells after curing. That my main problem - not much smell after curing although i dry for 7-10 days. Nice smell in the grinder though.

I used the dehydrator on my last harvest... along with a normal hang (9-11 days) and cure to compare. I've done two blind tests with friends and so far none of them can tell the difference! It's awesome! I follow Luweedgi's original method with some variation...
36 hours at 35C then jar for 12 with a hygrometer... it goes back in after the 12 hours for another 2 hours. The first jar time allows the moisture from the inner stem to leech back to the leaves/bud. Back in the jar for another 12 and if it's below 70 start my cure anything over 70 back in for another hour...
Buds seem to be retaining all the flavours and terpenes we all love! It cuts the dry time down from 9-11 days to 30 hours...
I do it in my garage and for smell there is a distinct grass/hay smell the first 24h but it dissipates and the smell is minimal. Check out the Low and Slow dry method PW is writing about and that was where I saw it. I won't go back to hanging for days! ...

I recommend this link I'll even post link for others on my thread thanks to you all I'm not smoking dirty shit ..

So where can I find grows that have used Docs kit, so I can compare it to coco coir ?

Check the signature of half those who post on this thread, for the words Doc Bud, DBHB, or Hi-Brix.

Dr. Ziggy, Graytail, overlord ...

I warn you it's difficult to compare the taste, potency, and more sativa expressions of the terpenes over the internet.

I just tried washing my buds for the first time. I created an account solely for this question because I believe in this method although I'm getting a bit jumpy after trying. I took off the fan leaves, washed then hung the plants. Now they went from plump to airy, with the remaining trim leaves making it look impossible to trim without taking all the bud. Will this go away with another 5 days or did I shoot myself in the foot and should have trimmed wet? I'm doing this to show others it is possible (in my area, almost all of you seem to desire the best product and cutting edge processes, but so far I'm unsure of how it's going. I have pictures but am having issues posting them. The unwashed bud is far more dense and leaves pressed against it which is also. It also feels more wet though. If I do post pictures they are misleading. Although the unwashed bud looks like it has more trichomes it does not, just the camera.

I just tried washing my buds for the first time. I created an account solely for this question because I believe in this method although I'm getting a bit jumpy after trying. I took off the fan leaves, washed then hung the plants. Now they went from plump to airy, with the remaining trim leaves making it look impossible to trim without taking all the bud. Will this go away with another 5 days or did I shoot myself in the foot and should have trimmed wet? I'm doing this to show others it is possible (in my area, almost all of you seem to desire the best product and cutting edge processes, but so far I'm unsure of how it's going. I have pictures but am having issues posting them. The unwashed bud is far more dense and leaves pressed against it which is also. It also feels more wet though. If I do post pictures they are misleading. Although the unwashed bud looks like it has more trichomes it does not, just the camera.

I always manicure AFTER it dries. Then all that washed, clean sugar leaf gets rolled into joints.

Why does everyone opt for H2o2? I only recommend it for PM.

LJ and BS work better, especially if there are sulfites in the LJ. The combo CLEANS. That's what we want.

... washed with H2O2 and then rinsed twice...

420-magazine-mobile1797880631.jpg

That there is a good pic... get both feet in there next time and its a "self feet" pic.. particularly like the weight next to 2 bottle of some sort of liqueur.. betting when the bottles are full they are the same weight as the little dumb bell there...

See pics "can" tell lots of stories and start lots of interesting conversations... and the buds have a sort of pine needle look to them hinting of the terpines as yet to be discovered. Very very nice...

That said, smoked my first serious taste of LSD buds last night and was feeling very good all day today. Going back for more in a few~!!

Resume bud washing... I'm about to be harvesting and washing a shit ton of colas. Had to spray mid flower with neem oil which tastes like shit unless it's washed off. I sprayed 3 weeks ago and can still smell it... covers up the smell of cannabis so I have that going for me.. oh and no more bugs.... for now.

Ok im on it what I'm doing not sure if it's right but a way I can explain to fishermen will know like when you got a fish out of the water for awile how you pull him back and forth to get him breathing again that's the way I been doing

That's a perfect description and how I do it. Gently back and forth, rest, back and forth... till my arms hurt cause I got a lotta weed to wash.

Someone should go into a dispensary and ask where the "washed" buds are! Good luck and report back.

Like this:

"a friend of mine said you all have washed buds...can you show me the washed flowers please?"

Warning... canna science at work..... Me likey.... :thumb: Plus the flater shaped container holds less volume of liquid so same coverage with less input... "less is more", wins again! :high-five:

I bud wash in containers made to fit under your bed (bad feng shui BTW - storing stuff under your bed), so good re-purpose of those large flat containers.

Ziggy said:
The Diagonal/hypotenuse..is longer than the 5 gal bucket is tall.

Eye Eye Cappy Zigg-master. FTMFW! Boom

Back
Top Bottom