Bud Washing

I really don't see a need take these extra precautions.

We wash our clothes, our dishes, and our hands in tap water. In some places we even drink tap water.

It's tap water, we use it to wash things.

I agree, but we are stoners and this is precious cargo. What if ....

As a precaution I would check the PH and that's it. Luke warm water helps to dissolve the baking soda. I think that's about it. Cold tap water is good for the final rinse. No need to over think this.

I agree, but we are stoners and this is precious cargo. What if ....

As a precaution I would check the PH and that's it. Luke warm water helps to dissolve the baking soda. I think that's about it. Cold tap water is good for the final rinse. No need to over think this.

Uness it's a PH of 2 or 14, I can't really see what problem PH would cause.

If y'all want to make it complicated, I suggest Rube Golberging the process, create a pulley based dipping machine and add a rubic cube as a timer between first and second rinse steps.

I really don't see a need take these extra precautions.

We wash our clothes, our dishes, and our hands in tap water. In some places we even drink tap water.

It's tap water, we use it to wash things.

Precautions???

Just saying that when you open the HOT tap you get crap from the heater... You wouldn't have drink of hot tap water would you? If you do have plenty of toilet paper ready ;)

Uness it's a PH of 2 or 14, I can't really see what problem PH would cause.

If y'all want to make it complicated, I suggest Rube Golberging the process, create a pulley based dipping machine and add a rubic cube as a timer between first and second rinse steps.

I think if you're going to belt and brace the thing you should also include the third. It couldn't hurt.

Precautions???

Just saying that when you open the HOT tap you get crap from the heater... You wouldn't have drink of hot tap water would you? If you do have plenty of toilet paper ready ;)

I ALWAYS let the hot water faucet run don the drain for a few seconds after I turn it on. Cold water too (but just for the habit.) I think I was taught that about age 6. In a state and county where we took drought seriously.

That we can agree on :)

I ALWAYS let the hot water faucet run don the drain for a few seconds after I turn it on. Cold water too (but just for the habit.) I think I was taught that about age 6. In a state and county where we took drought seriously.

That we can agree on :)

Yes. That's why I PH the water. I'm not expecting anything different until it is.

I agree on less in more 100%.

Where I'm from (east coast) if I don't have PM I'm about to have it. I know for sure that the PM spores are in, on, under and floating around my plants.

It's everywhere specially in the fall season. That's how the senescence starts in the fall. All the veggie leaves have PM then the tree leaves then every other green plant, then the leaves turn colors if its cold at night, and fall off. A little breeze.... spores are everywhere.

I feel sorry for folks that have allergies to mold. yikes.

Yeah so my point is, starting with the spring, summer and fall run, I'm using Horsetail fern tea to treat plants for PM/mold spores starting in VEG and usually bud wash with H2o2 as the first washing then I follow Doc's recipe. When we have dew points same temps as air, there's going to be mold. May not see it but it's likely there.

I don't know how the H2o2 thing got into the bud wash thread but it's not a bad thing if you grow in humid conditions like east coast and PACNW... Michigan and Canada as well. Anywhere where the dew point and temps meet at night causes the RH = 100% everything covered with moisture.

I've. Prices that putting my cover I threw up quickly as it hit plus theee here for few hours at dawn this morning this cover I built is keeping my plants not have that moisture on it from building up over night from condensation.

If you have any yet on her taken main and lightly shake off what you can keep them dry and clean. .

420-magazine-mobile1654312443.jpg

My little dyi adventure lol

Can someone remind me why we aren't concerned over the lemon oil in the lemon juice? I assume it's because of the low amount in it but thought the Trichs are soluble in oil.

I use this product.

ReaLemon 100% Lemon Juice - 2/48 oz. btls. by ReaLemon

81FoB9hxbcL_SL1500_.jpg

Here's my first wash this season from yesterday...

DC8F83E0-3A01-4C37-AF03-0C9A968E3434.JPG

Thanks,

Zafu

Can someone remind me why we aren't concerned over the lemon oil in the lemon juice? I assume it's because of the low amount in it but thought the Trichs are soluble in oil.

I use this product.

Thanks,

Zafu

The small amount of lemon oil isn't an issue. Look at all the crap that came off your buds.....THAT's the issue.

I use this product.

Thanks,

Zafu

Zafu, you hang outside to slow it down?? I harvested some last week and it sure did dry fast hung in the house. 90 deg weather outside last week here in the valley. Im guessing cause you dont have room in the house for the hang?. The stuff I harvested Sunday is ready for cure already also
I scoped the stuff washed and no live Russets and very few dead ones. My trim buddy thinks the H2O2 kills all. I hope it kills eggs too. These Russets make you wish for spider mites. I cured spider mites in a week with two applications. Once in flower with Russets your screwed. I did great considering.
You veterans chest hurt from smoking dry but uncured/green weed? Mine does and Im reminded every year to wait.

Zafu, you hang outside to slow it down?? I harvested some last week and it sure did dry fast hung in the house. 90 deg weather outside last week here in the valley. Im guessing cause you dont have room in the house for the hang?. The stuff I harvested Sunday is ready for cure already also
I scoped the stuff washed and no live Russets and very few dead ones. My trim buddy thinks the H2O2 kills all. I hope it kills eggs too. These Russets make you wish for spider mites. I cured spider mites in a week with two applications. Once in flower with Russets your screwed. I did great considering.
You veterans chest hurt from smoking dry but uncured/green weed? Mine does and Im reminded every year to wait.

Hi 4Dutchess,

Really glad to hear about the result you achieved. That's great news !

I only hang them outside like that to drip dry from the wash. Then I hang them in my garage where I have my setup. Sadly, it's been warm here too, though not nearly has hot as by you; so even in the garage with controlled humidity I found them ready for jars just 60-hours after washing. Way too fast, but don't have another solution. Last year it worked out so long as I got them in the jars with Bovedas before the internal moisture level got too low. I am trying the "low & slow" method that Dr. Ziggy and Sweet Sue are spearheading on this forum; extremely excited about it too, but only have so much room in the fridge.

Cheers,

Zafu

Hi 4Dutchess,

Really glad to hear about the result you achieved. That's great news !

I only hang them outside like that to drip dry from the wash. Then I hang them in my garage where I have my setup. Sadly, it's been warm here too, though not nearly has hot as by you; so even in the garage with controlled humidity I found them ready for jars just 60-hours after washing. Way too fast, but don't have another solution. Last year it worked out so long as I got them in the jars with Bovedas before the internal moisture level got too low. I am trying the "low & slow" method that Dr. Ziggy and Sweet Sue are spearheading on this forum; extremely excited about it too, but only have so much room in the fridge.

Cheers,

Zafu
Funny how 10 degress outside makes such a difference inside with cure and heat from lights (tent temp)
Last year the grow shop said cure in a turkey bag and it worked good. Along with a cheap humidity reader. The first was too dry already but the 2nd harvest i bagged them while the big stems were still bendy. Another cup of coffee and were burping. Ive waited 35 yrs for a place to grow and now Im 5 yrs at it, what a hobby!! I grow great weed thanks to 420 mag. I got friends saying mines better than others they know. Nice!! Ive had the tent 1 yr and Im on my 3rd indoor grow and its on its way. All is well.
Great Day 420

The small amount of lemon oil isn't an issue. Look at all the crap that came off your buds.....THAT's the issue.

You know Doc, I just gotta say.... Aside from all the wonderful grow tips this forum has given me, this bud washing thread was a revelation and perhaps the single greatest tip, aside from related curing information I've received here. What continues to blow my mind is the large percent of growers that refuse to wash, and/or think it somehow negatively compromises the flowers. Washing cannabis should be the norm and routine and find it incredibly sad how much product is consumed that is not. I genuinely don't mean to be condescending or judgemental on others as I understand sometimes time and circumstances are what they are; just can't fathom consuming, or passing along to others all the crap I've washed off and seen others demonstrate as well.

I can't thank you and all the others on this thread enough for casting light on this and continuing to educate.

Peace,

Zafu

You know Doc, I just gotta say.... Aside from all the wonderful grow tips this forum has given me, this bud washing thread was a revelation and perhaps the single greatest tip, aside from related curing information I've received here. What continues to blow my mind is the large percent of growers that refuse to wash, and/or think it somehow negatively compromises the flowers. Washing cannabis should be the norm and routine and find it incredibly sad how much product is consumed that is not. I genuinely don't mean to be condescending or judgemental on others as I understand sometimes time and circumstances are what they are; just can't fathom consuming, or passing along to others all the crap I've washed off and seen others demonstrate as well.

I can't thank you and all the others on this thread enough for casting light on this and continuing to educate.

Peace,

Zafu

Yes - this.

Been following a number of threads and reading old journals here for a while now and it's not hard to see where the depth of experience is and where the most beautiful produce is coming from! Not to mention sheer passion for the plant. I've not yet washed a harvest, as it's been 3years since I had one, but I can guarantee 100% that I will wash every harvest I ever have the pleasure of!

I've been growing in Doc Buds high brix blend for years now and been washing my buds since day one and I easily have some of the best produce around...many can attest. Wash your weed! I cant comment on the pm or bug issues cuz I've never had either since I started using the kit.

Doc Buds blend will help with Russets? Is it good for outdoors too?

It's better outdoors, because the sun is better than our lights.

High Brix plants have much better resistance to all types of insects. Many growers report no bug problems year after year. Other's like me have bugs living in the room and doing no damage. As long as brix is over 12 insects will have a difficult time thriving in your grow room.

OMG, just finished washing Chemdawg 4 bud, I've never removed so much crap, it's the Bay Area smoke, just saying, wash your buds if you're affected by the Napa/Sonoma fires

Hey just a quick question for ya doc ?

Wife bought this it has the active lifting agent I believe? I'm pretty sure sir.

my question is how much should I put in a 5 gal bucket ?

And how much baking soda sir ?

Thank in advance sir ..
420-magazine-mobile710979658.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1682727863.jpg

Back
Top Bottom