Update on the ladies. Not much to say but they are thriving and getting bigger.

20220315_152714.jpg

Here's a new update. I decided to reduce the garden because I now plan on vegging 4 plants out until the desired shape and training is complete then I will flip to flower. I gave away the other 6 plants to a friend and currently have these girls back on 18/6 and they are loving the extra light. I also did some bending and removed leaves from branch sites and they seem to be responding well because all the side branches are starting to stretch. I will also be up potting this week some time to their final pots so they can really start to grow!

20220330_110835.jpg

Here's an update on the 4 chic's.

I had them in small containers for the first few weeks and they outgrew them in no time but I was lazy and left them for too long so they started getting root bound and a little bit of the claw. After upcanning about a week ago they are starting to bounce back and grow quickly again but you can clearly see what has happened since switching from 12/12 after the first 4 weeks of their life to 18/6 now all the new growth is messed up with mostly single and 3 bladed leaves and lots of little branches popping up everywhere. This weekend I am going to bend them over and tie down some branches and do a lite defol of leaves that are blocking light to branches and trim off anything that won't amount to much. I think in about 2-3 more weeks I'm going to flip them.

20220415_145747.jpg

20220415_145817.jpg

20220415_145733.jpg

Here's an update on the 4 chic's.

I had them in small containers for the first few weeks and they outgrew them in no time but I was lazy and left them for too long so they started getting root bound and a little bit of the claw. After upcanning about a week ago they are starting to bounce back and grow quickly again but you can clearly see what has happened since switching from 12/12 after the first 4 weeks of their life to 18/6 now all the new growth is messed up with mostly single and 3 bladed leaves and lots of little branches popping up everywhere. This weekend I am going to bend them over and tie down some branches and do a lite defol of leaves that are blocking light to branches and trim off anything that won't amount to much. I think in about 2-3 more weeks I'm going to flip them.

20220415_145747.jpg

20220415_145817.jpg

20220415_145733.jpg
Good morning @Liqurd4tay0z hope your having a nice weekend my friend.
Girls look nice and healthy. :thumb:
Just curious, it looks like a few single blade leaves in the last pic.
Did you go into flower and reveg?
Also looks like male pollen sacks?:Namaste:
Arrow?
And is that basil at the bottom?

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Liqurd4tay0z hope your having a nice weekend my friend.
Girls look nice and healthy. :thumb:
Just curious, it looks like a few single blade leaves in the last pic.
Did you go into flower and reveg?
Also looks like male pollen sacks?:Namaste:
Arrow?
And is that basil at the bottom?

Stay safe
Bill
Hey @Bill284 thanks for dropping by, I'm doing well and having a good weekend so far- I hope you have been keeping busy and staying healthy my friend!

Yes these girls were started from seed on a 12/12 light schedule and after 3 weeks or so they started flowering but I decided to only keep 4 plants and gave the rest to a friend for his grow and put these girls on a 18/6 schedule to veg for a bit longer. Now that they are monster cropped I am going to grow them out for a few more weeks at least and try and get them to bush out as much as possible before flipping them again.

Hmm yeah it does kinda look like it but I assure there are no balls anywhere, just a lot of swollen calyx and new growth popping up in every nook and cranny but that's not to say it won't happen at some point from all that stress they went through.

The plants at the bottom are mini sweet peppers I started a few weeks ago. I Also have 1 habanero and 1 bell pepper...I love peppers so its not unusual for me to be growing them side by side with cannabis as long as they are started from seed indoors and I bake the soil before using it I don't really have any problems with pests. Last year I made the mistake of introducing some plants that were grown in a nursery and they had thrips and the infamous "two spotted" spider mites and they completely decimated my plants...well it was the mites actually, the thrips I managed to destroy but those damn mites were ruthless!

Cheers!
Chris

Hey @Bill284 thanks for dropping by, I'm doing well and having a good weekend so far- I hope you have been keeping busy and staying healthy my friend!

Yes these girls were started from seed on a 12/12 light schedule and after 3 weeks or so they started flowering but I decided to only keep 4 plants and gave the rest to a friend for his grow and put these girls on a 18/6 schedule to veg for a bit longer. Now that they are monster cropped I am going to grow them out for a few more weeks at least and try and get them to bush out as much as possible before flipping them again.

Hmm yeah it does kinda look like it but I assure there are no balls anywhere, just a lot of swollen calyx and new growth popping up in every nook and cranny but that's not to say it won't happen at some point from all that stress they went through.

The plants at the bottom are mini sweet peppers I started a few weeks ago. I Also have 1 habanero and 1 bell pepper...I love peppers so its not unusual for me to be growing them side by side with cannabis as long as they are started from seed indoors and I bake the soil before using it I don't really have any problems with pests. Last year I made the mistake of introducing some plants that were grown in a nursery and they had thrips and the infamous "two spotted" spider mites and they completely decimated my plants...well it was the mites actually, the thrips I managed to destroy but those damn mites were ruthless!

Cheers!
Chris
Oh God mites fek fek.
Cost me 10 pounds and about 50 plants one summer.
I went to pei for 10 days.
A friend taking care of the girls brought them in from the back garden.
Wiped out 4 rooms, heartbreaking.
No house plants near my garden.
And baking the soil is a great way to kill them before hand.
Just curious do you have lots of drain holes in those plastic containers?

Stay safe
Bill

Oh God mites fek fek.
Cost me 10 pounds and about 50 plants one summer.
I went to pei for 10 days.
A friend taking care of the girls brought them in from the back garden.
Wiped out 4 rooms, heartbreaking.
No house plants near my garden.
And baking the soil is a great way to kill them before hand.
Just curious do you have lots of drain holes in those plastic containers?

Stay safe
Bill
I would have a coronary for sure! That is just awful man. Can I ask why he brought them in?

Yes since my last mishap I have made sure to bake all my soil used for indoor potted plants and no signs of any pests...and I have a lot of potted plants at the moment.

Yes sir. I took a soldering iron to the bottoms and put about 20 1cm holes in each but forgot to punch holes through the sides to make them more like air pots.

Cheers!
Chris

I would have a coronary for sure! That is just awful man. Can I ask why he brought them in?

Yes since my last mishap I have made sure to bake all my soil used for indoor potted plants and no signs of any pests...and I have a lot of potted plants at the moment.

Yes sir. I took a soldering iron to the bottoms and put about 20 1cm holes in each but forgot to punch holes through the sides to make them more like air pots.

Cheers!
Chris
Awsome that soldering iron is great. :thumb:
She didn't mean too.
I warned her , but mites are microscopic.
Broad mites too not those cute little spiders.:rofl:
Battled for weeks finally threw everything soil pots plants everything out.
Bleached and bombed the empty room's.
Not her fault at all.
Just bad timing, had the trip booked.
They hit outside garden just before I left for pei.
Glad your vigilant, it's devastating.
Happy Easter my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Not much to say. Girls are getting bigger and throwing out tons of new vegetation each day. I did a lite trim and removed a bunch blocking the tops I want to grow out. I am going to try and trim off most of the bottom (skirt) in the next week or so after I start seeing more normal looking leaves filling in because they are still a bit stressed from revegging.

20220420_151922.jpg

It’s been a minute but your girls look great!!!
Hey 013! It sure has I hope you have been well my friend. Yeah I started with 10 and was going to do a mini sog grow 12/12 but as they started flowering I decided to only keep 4 and reveg them out for a bit before throwing them into flower again.

I will have to catch up on your journal here soon, last I saw you were revegging a white widow I believe....cool stuff man.

Anyway thanks for stopping by

Cheers!

Hey Oz,

Its great to catch up here for minute.

Yeah got real busy with work/travel crap and there’s a ton more headed straight at me that I can’t dodge. Aw man sadly my WW reveg project went tits up, looked like either blight or fusarium wilt. But you know I’ve got a few more on back burner cruising along!

alright big guy, kept them green!

Hey Oz,

Its great to catch up here for minute.

Yeah got real busy with work/travel crap and there’s a ton more headed straight at me that I can’t dodge. Aw man sadly my WW reveg project went tits up, looked like either blight or fusarium wilt. But you know I’ve got a few more on back burner cruising along!

alright big guy, kept them green!
Hey 013,

Thanks for stopping by, I know I am a little late to reply back. Man I'm sorry to hear about the reveg, that fusarium wilt is what killed off one of mine last year im thinking. Bummer to hear about the 3 zips that went moldy, I know all too well how that feels when you have worked so hard to get to that point and you go to take a nug out of the jar only to find fluffy white fuzz covering the buds...it hurts! Definitely salvage that and make some rso or a tincture and put that away for a rainy day.

Anyways I can't wait to hear about your next project(s) you got going on the back burner!

Cheers.

Here's a quick update.

It's getting crowded in here! I have done a lot of trimming and trying to even out the canopy a bit but the amount of new growth popping up everywhere is crazy! The growth is still a bit messed up from revegging and im still having some issues with the claw but hopefully this will start to get better once I up pot to the final containers soon and recharge the soil.

Cheers.

20220502_165534.jpg

Here's a quick update.

It's getting crowded in here! I have done a lot of trimming and trying to even out the canopy a bit but the amount of new growth popping up everywhere is crazy! The growth is still a bit messed up from revegging and im still having some issues with the claw but hopefully this will start to get better once I up pot to the final containers soon and recharge the soil.

Cheers.

20220502_165534.jpg
Good morning @Liqurd4tay0z hope your having a good day my friend.
Garden looks good.
Your right it is getting crowded in there.
Just a thought if you have the claw and dark green leaves, how is the Nitrogen in your feed.
Common cause of the claw.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Good morning @Liqurd4tay0z hope your having a good day my friend.
Garden looks good.
Your right it is getting crowded in there.
Just a thought if you have the claw and dark green leaves, how is the Nitrogen in your feed.
Common cause of the claw.

Bill
Hey Bill,

Yes you are definitely right about that. I mixed up my own soil with dry ammendments and worm castings but used some fairly cheap soil made up of mostly sphagnum peat moss without added fertilizers but made it a bit too hot in the beginning but the issues only really started happening after they started flowering and then reverting back to veg. Also I'm having to water every 1-2 days and these girls need new homes so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using 4.4.4 all purpose Gaia green.

Hey Bill,

Yes you are definitely right about that. I mixed up my own soil with dry ammendments and worm castings but used some fairly cheap soil made up of mostly sphagnum peat moss without added fertilizers but made it a bit too hot in the beginning but the issues only really started happening after they started flowering and then reverting back to veg. Also I'm having to water every 1-2 days and these girls need new homes so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using 4.4.4 all purpose Gaia green.
It's not the greatest, but if it's all you have. :oops:
They are growing like crazy because they are monsters.
When going back to veg from flower they shoot extra crazy branches all over.
Hence a monster.
Up pot with plain soil to bags 3-5 gal then get a bigger home :rofl:your going to need it.
Order some good nutrients @GeoFlora Nutrients would be good for you.
Have fun.;)

Bill

It's not the greatest, but if it's all you have. :oops:
They are growing like crazy because they are monsters.
When going back to veg from flower they shoot extra crazy branches all over.
Hence a monster.
Up pot with plain soil to bags 3-5 gal then get a bigger home :rofl:your going to need it.
Order some good nutrients @GeoFlora Nutrients would be good for you.
Have fun.;)

Bill
Yeah I'm thinking I might just toss the stuff I have and go pickup a bag each of FF happy frog and ocean forest and a bag of perlite to finish them up. Last time I used ocean forest it carried me all the way to the 2nd week of flower before I added nutes. I also have a few different lines of liquid nutes to use, but to finish I was thinking of using AN Big Bud.

I do have some 3 gallon grow bags so I will be sure to use them for the final up pot. Where I live it's a pain in the ass to get good soil so I will call around to make sure it's in stock and go pick it up tomorrow.

I'm definitely leaning toward using GeoFlora for a future grow because I keep hearing excellent user feedback about their line so I may just order a small bag of each grow/bloom to try out. Thanks for the advice my friend.

Cheers!

Yeah I'm thinking I might just toss the stuff I have and go pickup a bag each of FF happy frog and ocean forest and a bag of perlite to finish them up. Last time I used ocean forest it carried me all the way to the 2nd week of flower before I added nutes. I also have a few different lines of liquid nutes to use, but to finish I was thinking of using AN Big Bud.

I do have some 3 gallon grow bags so I will be sure to use them for the final up pot. Where I live it's a pain in the ass to get good soil so I will call around to make sure it's in stock and go pick it up tomorrow.

I'm definitely leaning toward using GeoFlora for a future grow because I keep hearing excellent user feedback about their line so I may just order a small bag of each grow/bloom to try out. Thanks for the advice my friend.

Cheers!
You have some great girls there.
Some decent soil, doesn't have to be the most expensive, just decent quality.
Add perlite and I'd put in a product called Bokashi, and Insect frass.
Fungi and microbes feed and care for your roots.
Works very well with @GeoFlora Nutrients as they are microbes aswell.
If you can get the FF great use it, but decent soilmis all you need to grow great girls like this.
It's in my Gorilla Glue clone thread if you want to take a look.

Bill

You have some great girls there.
Some decent soil, doesn't have to be the most expensive, just decent quality.
Add perlite and I'd put in a product called Bokashi, and Insect frass.
Fungi and microbes feed and care for your roots.
Works very well with @GeoFlora Nutrients as they are microbes aswell.
If you can get the FF great use it, but decent soilmis all you need to grow great girls like this.
It's in my Gorilla Glue clone thread if you want to take a look.

Bill
Hi Bill,

Good morning to you my friend :ciao:
You have me curious about bokashi and insect frass. I was actually doing something similar to this except of course I didn't add the bokashi bran but this looks very interesting and something I definitely want to try. As for the insect frass I am going to do some research on this and also have a look at your GG clone thread and maybe look at what is available and put that on my list.

Thanks again for the tips Bill.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom