Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Real nice!
Thank You so much, Stone!
So nice indeed!
Thanks, SnoopingAsUsuall-šŸ‘ and welcome to my journal...not a lot going on right now, but it will get interesting pretty soon...šŸ˜...

And while I'm here, how bout a little peek at the 2 outdoor-bound ladies...

I usually start seedlings in a little swick to prep them for life in a SIP, but since these are going into the ground, they got to start the regular way..

First up- @Barney's Farm Critical Kush#2, she's the sister of my plant in the SIP, and she's growing great so far@ 10 days old:
ck1.jpg

She's working on node #5...one leaf has a little variegation, but that's nothing to worry about...she's 2" tall..
ck2.jpg

Next up, The 12 day old Somango , by @CannaPot seeds- she's just 1.25" tall, and she's also working on node 5..
Som1.jpg

Both of these girls are living on Grow Dots right now (1/4 tsp. per cup) but when they go outside, they'll get switched over to MegaCrop.
Som2.jpg

A pic of the crew- Critical Kush, left and center- Somango, on the right.
It's kinda handy to be able to hang them on the walls...
All 3 are 25" from the light, which is set to 130 watts/ 30kLux@the canopy...
All 3.jpg

It's 85f today- makes me want to stick these girls out there right now- but the nighttime temps are still dipping into the 30's, so I need to wait a bit...4/20 is the target, hopefully, the nights are a little warmer by then..šŸ¤ž

And that's it for these girls today-
Thank You for looking,
I appreciate the support..:love:

They are kicking off nicely Carcass!
Thanks, Stunger-they sprouted just like they were supposed to....surprised the heck out of me, because that's not how it usually goes..:oops:
šŸ‘
Looks Great Carcass,
Thank You, Keith!
The last plant I grew outside got to be 6 feet tall...would've been real nice if he wasn't a boy...:oops:
I let him grow just for fun- cut him down before he dropped any pollen, in case my neighbors were growing weed..

I was going to comment on how tight the nodes were on the CK
Yeah, you need a feeler gauge to measure the node spacing on that Somango šŸ˜

Somango-five nodes in 1.25"--a closer look:
Somango nodes.jpg

I think she'll stretch out once she sees some real sun in 9 days...

Somango-five nodes in 1.25"--a closer look:
Somango nodes.jpg

I think she'll stretch out once she sees some real sun in 9 days...
that is pretty short is that the genetics or are you trying to keep it short with a higher PPFD?

Genetics may be part of it- but, I am trying to keep them on the short side until they move out of the box, so they're both getting more light than they need right now- not enough to hurt them, but enough that they don't stretch toward it.šŸ‘

Thanks, Stone..šŸ‘
Have you toked on them before? If so tell me all about it please?
No, I haven't tried any before...I used the very scientific "eeny-meeny-mynie-moe" method to decide which strain to grow, and Somango won!

Here's some info from the @CannaPot website:

"Somango by ApeOrigin is an amazing strain that smells like a mix of tropical Mangos and Papayas. These cannabisseeds are the result of 'selfing' an amazing clone from Somaseeds of highest order. It is a cross of Big Skunk Korean and Jack Herer, very easy to grow smelling incredible powerful and good. Somango weedseeds are recommended for indoors and for greenhouses where you can expect incredible good results."

They sort of recommend growing it indoors, but I can probably make it work outside..šŸ¤”

I am with you; you can do it.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, KeithšŸ‘
I think they'll both do ok out there- caterpillars will be the main pest problem, they always are...

I've got a fresh bottle of SafersĀ®Caterpillar Killer, so I'm ready for 'em...:rip:

Hi. T!šŸ
I love how short you can keep them.

Itā€™s always my goal, but never my reality lol!

You've just got to keep them too damn close to a light that's too damn bright...:cool:

Love that keep them the right size with light effort! You're working it well!

I have a pack of Somango seeds I've been looking at for a while. Have you toked on them before? If so tell me all about it please?
Thanks, Stone..šŸ‘

No, I haven't tried any before...I used the very scientific "eeny-meeny-mynie-moe" method to decide which strain to grow, and Somango won!

Here's some info from the @CannaPot website:

"Somango by ApeOrigin is an amazing strain that smells like a mix of tropical Mangos and Papayas. These cannabisseeds are the result of 'selfing' an amazing clone from Somaseeds of highest order. It is a cross of Big Skunk Korean and Jack Herer, very easy to grow smelling incredible powerful and good. Somango weedseeds are recommended for indoors and for greenhouses where you can expect incredible good results."

They sort of recommend growing it indoors, but I can probably make it work outside..šŸ¤”
Yeah you have good grow weather along with everything else!

Carcass, is the styrofoam in the solos to aid in moisture retention or reflect light up under the plant?

Yeah you have good grow weather along with everything else!
Ha! We had a few real nice days last week, but now the rain is back for a few days...:straightface:

is the styrofoam in the solos to aid in moisture retention or reflect light up under the plant?
Both of those seedlings hang directly in the airflow from the overhead fans, and the temp averages around 80-83f in there, so they dry out real fast -the styrofoam seems to slow the evaporation a little bit...šŸ¤

Happy Monday, folks!

Time for an Update on what's happening in the ol' box...

I'm still not getting the warm fuzzies from this gal ....she's growing, but nowhere near as fast as they usually do....(Critical Kush)
ck5.jpg

Critical Kush #2 is doing real well
ck6.jpg

Somango is doing alright...
ck7.jpg

These are both moving outside in a week (4/20) lots of roots in those cups...
ck10.jpg

And here's the three of them...the big one is due for some defoliation later today...
ck11.jpg

And that's about all there is today!
Hopefully, the one in the SIP starts growing a little faster this week...but I wouldn't count on it... :straightface:
Thanks for looking, I appreciate your support!
Have a wonderful week :peace:

Back
Top Bottom