Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light mover

Re: Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light m

image24023.jpg

Re: Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light m

Looks good,how are you mounting the light mover

Added height adjustable shelf brackets so that each hydroponic station can be raised or lowered to keep the canopy even. Last shelf panel removed to show brackets.
image24053.jpg

I know what you mean man, after I shelled out for a super closet for my first cab I realized how much cheaper it is to make them by hand. Lol. Plus I love doing little projects here and there. My girlfriend probably gets pissed. Lol. I'm always like "'I'm almost done, I will be there in a minute" haha.

OG,

What are your plans for sealing the cabinet light tight? My cabinet is three yrs old and I am redoing my seal today or tomorrow, getting flat.

My cabinet is 4x2.5x6, all seams are sealed with black caulk then painted flat white prior to putting the insulation and Mylar on the walls, ceiling and floor or flat white. I sealed the doors with stick on weather stripping, two layers side by side.

Cabinet_11.jpg

Cabinet_7.jpg

cabinet_10-23-13.jpg
Cabinet_complete_10-23-13.jpg
20150110_130307.jpg

Just a couple of pics of the plants grown in the cabinet.

20150416_093920.jpg
WW_5-5-141.jpg
20150420_173613.jpg

20150420_175900.jpg

Peace out,

GR

I am using weather stripping stick on type.
Not to concerned as it is not a stealth cabinet. If anyone needs to go in basement it will be switched off first

Here is reservoir and buckets and return lines. Took one out to show detail.
Then cut extra lid for overlap and no light in reservoir
image24124.jpg
image24125.jpg

Note the hoses are coiled around each bucket the same amount. This allows them to rotate for going up from this, their lowest position.

I am using weather stripping stick on type.
Not to concerned as it is not a stealth cabinet. If anyone needs to go in basement it will be switched off first

Hey OG,
Yeah, not a stealth but did and do not want any light in the cabinet during 12/12. Had some light leaks when I first built it but solved that with the double weather stripping. I guess in a basement once the lights are off you don't have to worry about outside light getting into the box. Looks good and good luck on your grow.

GR

My veg and bloom cabinet are right opposite each other so I can't have light leaks either, but the cabinet is good enough to preserve the sleep cycle even without any weather stripping. I got in it with the door closed and all basement lights on to confirm.

Looking great.can you give me some info on your light mover.

I have the plus model (top one)
Services
Works great, looks well made and has cheap rebuild kits available. Made in USA by family business. The owner was helpful on the phone, nice guy.

I used the 6ft light track with a 1000w hps in the past,worked great.now doing a small tent,36in wide.I dont tink I can get something so small.might not need it on this grow.im a big fan of light movers!

Since light leaks were brought up! We debated and talked about light leaks at my local hydro shop with a few other growers for a long minute one day. If you can't read a piece of paper with basic sized writing on it with the light from a leak then it will not effect the plants negatively or cause issues during 12/12. Don't forget we have light at night, not even factoring people who have motion sensor lights on near their gardens, that if a slight leak of light is entering the cabinet I wouldn't worry about it although I would fix the leak if it were a direct beam on a plant.

Is this suppose to a top drip feed or bubble bucket?

This cab is awesome by the way. +1 for creativity and design. Can't wait to see this thing fully functional. Are you running both eshines on the light mover or just one?

It has dual redundant pumps that pump out of the reservoir into two separate drip systems. Each plant has a spike from each one. This way I can confirm both pumps working just by checking one plant to see both spikes are dribbling.

Back
Top Bottom