Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light mover

Re: Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light m

Here is a picture in use. A bit distorted due to wide angle lense. Those are 20L/5Gallon pails.
image26579.jpg
image26578.jpg

Re: Building my new cabinet 7' tall by 6' wide by 2 feet deep hydroponic/led/light m

Great work, very detailed and helpful. .love the attention to detail. Reps

Very nice system. Top notch. Redundant, adjustable, custom filter, and light mover. Obviously you know what you are doing to combine all these systems together and then make them even better, fail proof.

The light mover is a very nice addition. I was looking at some PAR readings on various LED/HPS and they have one thing in common. Higher PAR on center. The light mover effectively distributes the PAR to all parts of the plants for better light penetration and even growth.

Plus the adjustable shelves to help keep the canopy even. Very nice and well done. Thanks for sharing.

:thumb:

Thanks for the compliments guys. It works great.
If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

I want to build it and try hydro. No lie. I doubt I'll have time till winter, but this is a great reference,, really thanks for laying it all out. Made it look easy, but I can tell it wasn't, not all anyway.

It's not that hard. To make it easier and more convenient get the plywood cut at Home Depot or lowes. Saves a lot of work and fits in the SUV

It's not that hard. To make it easier and more convenient get the plywood cut at Home Depot or lowes. Saves a lot of work and fits in the SUV

The big thing for me feeling confident about doing it, I think, is having the RO system I have. I'd feel more confident if I had a generator.

Hey, you mentioned something about using a UPS for your LED's I think. Is that a standard UPS,, say for a home PC.. or something beefier?

Thanks!!

$250 backups from Amazon. Lights on the non battery side just to protect from power surges from storms and water pumps on the battery side for a few hours of power off pumping.

Thanks,, was curious what size ups you'd need to run lights,,, now I understand what you're doing,, smart.

It can go days without light but only about 1 day without pump. Because of that I use the ups to cleanup power spikes from storms to protect the lights, but only use battery power during outage for pumps.
Though the power rarely goes out here anyway and when it does usually back on within minutes out a few hours at most

Awesome,I forgot what size carbon your using.fish tank size?I can't fit a commercial unit so a diy is in the works.thanks to you.

Wow I keep finding great info and growers on this site! You and Light Addict are my latest heros!
Your carbon filter; would it work at about half the length?
Saw a very similar setup on someone elses cab; they were using a car air filter and filling with pellets, computer fan in duct attached to filter. I wanted to eliminate the car filter and do something like yours, flush with the cab roof and here I find you've already sorted it! I hadn't pictured it in my head properly; i was thinking put the fan in with the carbon! Your way MUCH more obviously easier/better/more effective!! All air extracted thru the pellets, right? Doesn't matter what holds the pellets as long as air flows freely?? Awesome to see it in action.
What sort of fan you use?
Oh, and what sort pellets/where from? I'm only (pre) starting indoor, so I know nothing of carbon pellets etc!
Cheers for any answers and all inspiration!

Edit: Just found some carbon on fleaBay..
Too easy! Can you instead please tell me the life span?
Thanks again!

Yes you could make it half length no problem.
I pull the air through as it is more efficient.
The fan in the top is a pedestal fan with the pedestal removed. I got three identical pedestal fans when my grandma died and used those. It runs on low setting non stop and they last about two years before wearing out and then swap another.

I use bulk activated carbon 50lbs for $200 delivered in canada.

Not sure of the lifespan of it since I use secondary ozone generator.

Sorry if you feel I kidnapped your post.

4X2.5X6

cabinet_10-23-13.jpg
Cabinet_complete_10-23-13.jpg

On my 5th grow with this cabinet.

Now has 400W HPS in cool tube, 4" Vortex fan, 6" filter. Air is drawn for a closet in the house, 74 to 78 degrees.

Love this cabinet but would like to switch to a 600W light.

GR

Back
Top Bottom