Can someone explain how or if a SOG method is possible in a 2x4

they should just fit normal. if running sog i'd suggest 4 or so running 12/12 from seed. if going clones i'd run it hempy style and stuff it with 8 2L pop bottles flipped 12/12 the second they establish. that's a serious sog doable in that space.

otherwise i'd run one or two plants scrog. scrog may be your best use of space. time frame to harvest is going to be longer.

they should just fit normal. if running sog i'd suggest 4 or so running 12/12 from seed. if going clones i'd run it hempy style and stuff it with 8 2L pop bottles flipped 12/12 the second they establish. that's a serious sog doable in that space.

otherwise i'd run one or two plants scrog. scrog may be your best use of space. time frame to harvest is going to be longer.
Ok thank you when I open the seed bag I’ll check but I think it only came with 3 if I throw a photo in it then the canopy’s wouldn’t be even right?

Is that due to training? Would it be fine to grow them normal in the space?

Ok thank you when I open the seed bag I’ll check but I think it only came with 3 if I throw a photo in it then the canopy’s wouldn’t be even right?

kind of unanswerable questions.
you can't control shit with autos unless you know what you are doing. there's a serious possibility of them triggering at different stages.

it's loads easier to control the variables with photos.

doesn't mean it can't be done. just means you're in for a big ride if you've never attempted it before. it's always best to start any new methods on something more stable.

kind of unanswerable questions.
you can't control shit with autos unless you know what you are doing. there's a serious possibility of them triggering at different stages.

it's loads easier to control the variables with photos.

doesn't mean it can't be done. just means you're in for a big ride if you've never attempted it before. it's always best to start any new methods on something more stable.
Thank you ya I might just stick with the three in a non sofg or screen of green method

if you're stuck with the autos run 2 -3 in the space in five gal buckets. if you want easy training go with a cage style like i did on my hempy auto run.

running a cage is super easy for both autos or photos. i like with the autos because it is low stress / high yield.

full

that's the current auto cage grow.

edit : i could really use taller cages too.

Looking at tents and was wondering if the SOG method would work in 2x4? Was thinking 3 auto flower in either 3 or 5 gal square pots
Hey TC. :ciao:
I don't think autos will work in a true sog.
The principal behind it is a full tent of photos.
Wall to wall as many as you can fit.
Then you flip them week one and run straight 12/12.
Go straight to flower and pound out a harvest.
From what I understand that is the principal for a SOG.
Now you can adapt that to your needs and run it what ever way you want.
But Auto's defeat the basic idea behind it.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey TC. :ciao:
I don't think autos will work in a true sog.
The principal behind it is a full tent of photos.
Wall to wall as many as you can fit.
Then you flip them week one and run straight 12/12.
Go straight to flower and pound out a harvest.
From what I understand that is the principal for a SOG.
Now you can adapt that to your needs and run it what ever way you want.
But Auto's defeat the basic idea behind it.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Thanks Bill I think I’ll just cage them then maybe put a net for them if it’ll do anything always fun to try new activity’s can’t wait to start the next grow after these girls finish

Hey TC - I'll chime in, as this is pretty much what I do all the time
You only need 3-5L (1Gal) for autos SOG sytlie so you'd probbly fit 6-8 in there
Tip the auto at 3rd node and chop off lowest pair of branches, this will usually give you 8 colas per plant
I'm currently flowering 6 x 3L pot autos and just counted 40ish reasonable colas and I'm using 3' x 2'6" of my tent space - the other 6" is for seedlings, working space, airflow etc
I've also done photo/auto SOG together on 12/12 and reckon I only lost about 10% yield off the autos
Ever seen lilac/buddlea growing out of cracks in walls and chimney stacks?
This plant can do that too

Hey TC - I'll chime in, as this is pretty much what I do all the time
You only need 3-5L (1Gal) for autos SOG sytlie so you'd probbly fit 6-8 in there
Tip the auto at 3rd node and chop off lowest pair of branches, this will usually give you 8 colas per plant
I'm currently flowering 6 x 3L pot autos and just counted 40ish reasonable colas and I'm using 3' x 2'6" of my tent space - the other 6" is for seedlings, working space, airflow etc
I've also done photo/auto SOG together on 12/12 and reckon I only lost about 10% yield off the autos
Ever seen lilac/buddlea growing out of cracks in walls and chimney stacks?
This plant can do that too
That’s insane It just roots itself in walls etc? I don’t know if I’ll be able to get more seeds by the time I’m ready to start if I do I’ll try the SOG if not then I’ll do what @bluter was saying and cage them. I think it’ll be to many plants to take care of with a baby coming and everything with work I’m gonna have a hectic life very soon lol

This is my 2x2. I’m running a s-o-g. Sea of green. Many clones with single colas and flowered very early on. Or 12:12 from seed with photos. So very doable in a 2x4. I monster cropped so it’s a little slow. But 3/9 so far are blowing up. And the rest not far behind. I’ll flip when my canopy is clean and even and healthy.

685C62B5-5FB8-4727-8D68-064F90C2E384.jpeg

This is my 2x2. I’m running a s-o-g. Sea of green. Many clones with single colas and flowered very early on. Or 12:12 from seed with photos. So very doable in a 2x4. I monster cropped so it’s a little slow. But 3/9 so far are blowing up. And the rest not far behind. I’ll flip when my canopy is clean and even and healthy.

685C62B5-5FB8-4727-8D68-064F90C2E384.jpeg
That’s cool! So it wouldn’t be to cramped if I didn’t go with SOG I’m still on my first grow so I don’t know how big they get kinda learning as I go in that sense

That’s cool! So it wouldn’t be to cramped if I didn’t go with SOG I’m still on my first grow so I don’t know how big they get kinda learning as I go in that sense
That’s how most of learned. Trial and error. I know when I started. 215 was just a under decade old and the forum use was not as popular with people so willing to share. And bro science being huge. So you took everything with a grain a salt. In coco. They’ll grow quite fast with large fans. So pruning is a must. I plan on keeping everything trimmed up quite a bit so no buds get left out from light coverage. Not to mention I’m keeping everything in solo cups. So watering is gonna be a pain. But so is my 4x4. I’m using 1 gal coco that requires water 2 times a day as well. Lol

That’s how most of learned. Trial and error. I know when I started. 215 was just a under decade old and the forum use was not as popular with people so willing to share. And bro science being huge. So you took everything with a grain a salt. In coco. They’ll grow quite fast with large fans. So pruning is a must. I plan on keeping everything trimmed up quite a bit so no buds get left out from light coverage. Not to mention I’m keeping everything in solo cups. So watering is gonna be a pain. But so is my 4x4. I’m using 1 gal coco that requires water 2 times a day as well. Lol
So when do they get to the point where they require more water? I’ve been using my fiancées little water container to water the four of them don’t even think it’s a litre

That’s why I was curious they seem perfectly fine not droopy and no signs of over watering
Your in coco no?

If your in coco. drooping leaves you wanna completely avoid. I water every day or twice a day. Unless sprouting seedlings in coir. I have a practice that’s really long to explain.

In Promix or soil. I actually allow my lower leaves to start to droop. This you have to pay attention for. If your really good with your sniffer. The plant will actually smell different right before wilt.

I guess the really vets know how to do that.

But real talk. I’m completely new to coco coir. I’m just having tremendous success in it atm. Like I could never do this in any other media. I’m very happy switching.

Your in coco no?

If your in coco. drooping leaves you wanna completely avoid. I water every day or twice a day. Unless sprouting seedlings in coir. I have a practice that’s really long to explain.

In Promix or soil. I actually allow my lower leaves to start to droop. This you have to pay attention for. If your really good with your sniffer. The plant will actually smell different right before wilt.

I guess the really vets know how to do that.

But real talk. I’m completely new to coco coir. I’m just having tremendous success in it atm. Like I could never do this in any other media. I’m very happy switching.
Thank you kindly sir

So pretty much just water it smell it often and don’t ever let them droop sounds easy enough I know in practice it’ll take a couple tries but I figured as much.

It wasn’t to much of a concern for myself as I said they look super healthy and all I was more or less asking if water volume will increase late veg or early flower sorry I’m not great with words or expressing myself.

Back
Top Bottom