Getting ready for the 2nd grow need some help

Rkelly496

So my plan is to be able to harvest every 4 weeks or so.

Sog method using autos

My growdrobe is W19xL59 (hight is not an issue I have 2 of these drobes)
250w I do have a 600w but ide like to use the 250w

How many pots can I fit in the room? What size pots?

Sog method state growing a large amount of plants in smaller pots for a decent yeild. I was thinking 16 ish plants maybe more.
Using biobizz soil and nuits.
3 different strains.

The plan

Plants A to be planted in grow room (V) .

(4weeks later)

Plants A to be moved to grow room (F) plants B to be planted and grown in room (V)

Rinse and repeat every 4 weeks

If it was 16 plants per room that's 32 plants all together.

I would expect major issues trying to run autos in such small pots /space. No way to control when they flower which will inevitably be different with that many plants/strains. Your sog is gonna quickly be a severely overcrowded mess is what I think. Sorry for the lack of optimism.
Whats your recommendation? For maximum yield and harvesting every month

There are many ways to skin a cat,

instead of 16 or 14 maybe try just 4 in each space but 250 isn’t much to cover 2 X 5.

Another way - save on cost of beans run 1 photo veg her for 8 to 10 weeks train as you go, build a big frame then flower for 8 to 10 weeks. 1 well trained plant can fill that space. As you flip 1st plant to flower start your next bean. Photos are less picky than autos and no chance of stunting a plant, bigger yields too. Pull down 6 - 8 zips easy (Not every month tho more like every 10 weeks) but you need bigger grow bags & successive upcan transplants, for soil grows 10 to 12 gallons is good, can be done with less but it sucks to run out of steam midway thru in a 5 gallon bucket - been there, done that.

use search box above search on aquarium and my user name 013 and read my aquarium paragraph, helps to better understand environment and spacing

There are many ways to skin a cat,

instead of 16 or 14 maybe try just 4 in each space but 250 isn’t much to cover 2 X 5.

Another way - save on cost of beans run 1 photo veg her for 8 to 10 weeks train as you go, build a big frame then flower for 8 to 10 weeks. 1 well trained plant can fill that space. As you flip 1st plant to flower start your next bean. Photos are less picky than autos and no chance of stunting a plant, bigger yields too. Pull down 6 - 8 zips easy (Not every month tho more like every 10 weeks) but you need bigger grow bags & successive upcan transplants, for soil grows 10 to 12 gallons is good, can be done with less but it sucks to run out of steam midway thru in a 5 gallon bucket - been there, done that.

use search box above search on aquarium and my user name 013 and read my aquarium paragraph, helps to better understand environment and spacing
Yeah I understand what you mean. But it is possible to yeild the same amount as 1 photo veged for that long, by just doing say 14autos? I'm hearing Sog methods can yeild around the same sort of yields in allot shorter time. I'm thinking of hanging some cfls in between the plants just to make sure everything's getting some light as 250w hps isn't super bright.

autos. autos are not good for sog. it's a one run and done on that route at best. photos are easier to manipulate. autos will do what they do no matter how many shits you give.

photos and two rooms are the way to go. one room mother plant. sog the clones. second room hits 12/12 either right from clone or just post establishing.

otherwise roll 12/12 right off seedling from seed - sorta what i assume you are. it gets expensive if buying the seed that way. know a group who do it commercial, but it's a dying approach as it only pertains to black market.

couple other things too.

@bluter and others have brought up some good points that have to be considered.

If auto-flowering plants are as unpredictable as many claim then the project will run into a snafu situation from the start.

My understanding is that with autos there is no way to be sure that they will all go into flowering at the same time. If half start flowering on the 1st of the month then what about the other half of the crop? Is it left in the closet to start flowering when ever or is it pulled and discarded so the next crop can come in on schedule?

I’m new grower too, joined in April but I’ve pulled down a dozen harvests in 6 months on photos. How? just like Bluter said - cloning and perpetual garden using 2 spaces. I still can’t grow a decent auto. They are billed as easy for beginners but they are so easy to stunt, once stunted yields are barely big enough to smoke out a piss ant. Seriously my last auto Alaska Purple ran 9 or 10 weeks yield was less than 1.5 grams. With photos you can make mistake after mistake and the plant just bounces back.

Yes it’s slower than turning your room over every month but yields make up for that, plus cost savings on beans. Seriously 1 well trained plant will fill my 4X4

First, you can do it.
Just run 3 gal pots squeezed in there and pop 2-4 seeds every 2 weeks BUT biggest challenge will be the mature plants crowding and shading the babies unless you go youngest in one space oldest in the other and rotate them over every few weeks. But with Auto seeds being pricey and a little unpredictable i would suggest option two...

Use photo plants and use one space for veg and clone and the other for bloom.
You could pop ONE SEED, clone infinity into 5x5 square pots and flip them into bloom when they're a foot tall.
I did this for a while with great success pulling 4 oz every 2 weeks out of a 2x4 bloom room. Had to stop because mrs cough was really freaking out about the plant count (say double the misdemeanor limit).
If heights not an issue, you could set up a little Dutch table/ebb-flow on top of a storage tote reservoir and really get them cranking.

Another thing i learned with SOG was that you really gotta stay on top of the side branches. Some strains put out more than others, but they make excellent clones. You'll be constantly plucking them off to force that strong main cola

First, you can do it.
Just run 3 gal pots squeezed in there and pop 2-4 seeds every 2 weeks BUT biggest challenge will be the mature plants crowding and shading the babies unless you go youngest in one space oldest in the other and rotate them over every few weeks. But with Auto seeds being pricey and a little unpredictable i would suggest option two...

Use photo plants and use one space for veg and clone and the other for bloom.
You could pop ONE SEED, clone infinity into 5x5 square pots and flip them into bloom when they're a foot tall.
I did this for a while with great success pulling 4 oz every 2 weeks out of a 2x4 bloom room. Had to stop because mrs cough was really freaking out about the plant count (say double the misdemeanor limit).
If heights not an issue, you could set up a little Dutch table/ebb-flow on top of a storage tote reservoir and really get them cranking.

good method. we only ever rolled off clones for ours.
seed runs sucked cause they were always regs we needed to sex.

he's got some lighting and circulation issues from a previous thread that will only be exacerbated going sog/bigger as well.

Also, if you pheno hunt for a plant that packs on weight consistently in 8 weeks without a lot of side branches you'll be in a good spot. I found that 2 weeks was a great rythm. Give the cuttings 2 weeks to root, 2-4 weeks to veg, take side branches as clone and flip to bloom and pull mature plants to make room for new ones, repeat

@bluter and others have brought up some good points that have to be considered.

If auto-flowering plants are as unpredictable as many claim then the project will run into a snafu situation from the start.

My understanding is that with autos there is no way to be sure that they will all go into flowering at the same time. If half start flowering on the 1st of the month then what about the other half of the crop? Is it left in the closet to start flowering when ever or is it pulled and discarded so the next crop can come in on schedule?
I would only move them to the next cubord once they start flowering so if 1 plant flowered ide move it to the next cubord and plant 1 seed eve tually I would be harvesting every few weeks?

Back
Top Bottom