Canada Guy's Medical Fusion Grow

Day 62 of flower. With the LSD girls I will wait until I see amber as they are more on the Sativa side of hybrid.

420-magazine-mobile1034040093.jpg

I'm just new to growing sativas this year. I don't go to amber with indica so I haven't been going to amber with sativa.

I am interested in the logic here. Isn't amber likely to take weeks longer? What do you hope to gain?

- - Fun photo :)

I'm just new to growing sativas this year. I don't go to amber with indica so I haven't been going to amber with sativa.

I am interested in the logic here. Isn't amber likely to take weeks longer? What do you hope to gain?

Just to jump in here with a question: I have never seen any actual measurements to support all of this careful trichome monitoring that we do. Do we have anything other than folklore to support this whole caffeine-like to barbiturate-like progression that is supposed to take place? Or that THC levels are higher at point X than at point Y? Has anyone ever seen a formal lab analysis? If so, I would love to see it! OK, back to lurking now. ;)

Just to jump in here with a question: I have never seen any actual measurements to support all of this careful trichome monitoring that we do. Do we have anything other than folklore to support this whole caffeine-like to barbiturate-like progression that is supposed to take place? Or that THC levels are higher at point X than at point Y? Has anyone ever seen a formal lab analysis? If so, I would love to see it! OK, back to lurking now. ;)

I've never seen the science on a bananna ripening, but I've had the first hand experience.
I've read a couple of extracts on THC THCa CBN and trichome development. They seemed consistent with marijuana folklore.I didn't read the actual papers.
I lost my access to science articles when I retired last year, so I can't go looking for you.

I've never seen the science on a bananna ripening, but I've had the first hand experience.

Ha! OK, though I think you're talking apples and oranges there (or cannabis and bananas).

If anyone has read the actual papers and would be willing to share what they've learned, I'd love to hear it.

- - Fun photo :)
The idea is that going longer on a sativa will give more of a relaxed effect. On an indica I harvest at cloudy trichs, because it's already a relaxant I don't want sleep meds. Not sure if it makes sense but it's how I've been taught.

Day 122

Day 63 of flower. Today everyone but Diesel 4 got 4 liters of plain water. I am monitoring the Diesel girls for trichs turning amber during the flush. As it is they will both be chopped next weekend. The LSD girls still have a LOT of white pistils pointing straight out. Before Trichomes were a thing, I watched pistils for readiness.

The ladies

420-magazine-mobile1494604631.jpg

Almost all the samples are now gone except the most recent nug which is still curing.

Tell us the samples are gone, but forget to tell us how well you enjoyed them. Must be that good to forget to fill us in. Still that sativa effect? Get up and go weed? Or? Please help us to enjoy your meds too.

Can't wait to see how it all looks at chop. Looks like it's shaping up to be a really nice haul.

My 24Ks are coming down next weekend too. OTM is pulling down a few of his. Sticky fingers all around next weekend.

Tell us the samples are gone, but forget to tell us how well you enjoyed them. Must be that good to forget to fill us in. Still that sativa effect? Get up and go weed? Or? Please help us to enjoy your meds too.
Well they were ok. Not great, not bad. Should have cured rather than just a quick dry. It's somewhat of a grass, or hay taste, short high, in the head only, I mixed it with some real bud other than one bowl so that should speak volumes. After a proper cure she should be just divine.

Can't wait to see how it all looks at chop. Looks like it's shaping up to be a really nice haul.

My 24Ks are coming down next weekend too. OTM is pulling down a few of his. Sticky fingers all around next weekend.
Yup we will all be busy. Plus I will be working next weekend too. I got a job as a teacher, so it's going to be tough to keep up with the journal. People like you, DW, make this journal worth it! I feel like we are family growing together, your kind words and enthusiasm is truly appreciated.

Yup we will all be busy. Plus I will be working next weekend too. I got a job as a teacher, so it's going to be tough to keep up with the journal. People like you, DW, make this journal worth it! I feel like we are family growing together, your kind words and enthusiasm is truly appreciated.

Congrats on the job! Teaching is in my family.

Thanks for the compliment! I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way about everything you and others bring to my journal. The internet, especially lately, can so easily make you jaded but there's something about this corner that's just different, and I'm really glad a few of us got to experience our grows at the same time.

:thumb:

Congratulations CGuy! Humble and honorable vocation. My deepest respect, and best of luck!!

Day 124

Day 65 of flower. The ladies are doing just fine. LSD 1 recieved 4 liters of nutrified water today. The others are still happy and hydrated. The Diesel girls will be officially done in 10 days... but this weekend will most likely be the chop day. Maybe next if that's how it works out, the long weekend may be a better opportunity to harvest. The LSD is not even close to done yet. Everyone is foxtailing as you can see.

The ladies

420-magazine-mobile1662537690.jpg

Diesel 2

420-magazine-mobile552446862.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1965476668.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1621533312.jpg

Diesel 4

420-magazine-mobile1892015435.jpg

420-magazine-mobile499616165.jpg

LSD 2 and 3

420-magazine-mobile2116053785.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1444651177.jpg