Stu’s First Grow

All the links I have are pretty old and have some outdated info, so I would just let us follow along as you do it so you can ask questions as you go. I find hygrometers really important in the jars to know what's going on, but that's after the chop and the trim and the dry.

First question is where are you going to hang them and what's the RH and temps in that spot?

Plan will prob be just to hang after chop in the tent as it the only place I’ll be able to keep humidity above 15% so I’ll be able to hold 50ish RH and whatever temps are needed

I see amber! Harvest time is near!

Really, I need to have another look then! I haven’t noticed any, but was also distracted by red hairs.
They were flipped Jan 5 but I’m calling the 14th day one of flower as that’s when bud sites starting showing clearly and my new light was installed, the white widow and blue cookies both are 8-9 weeks flower and the Jack Herer says 7-10 weeks. So week 8 is March 12 and the jh 7-10 weeks puts me between March 5&26 which is quite a broad range.

50% should be great. Here's a link you can read up on while you wait for the trichomes to mature:
Original Guide to Drying and Curing Marijuana Buds | Grow Weed Easy

It doesn't mention washing which a lot of us do, but if you want to, it's easy.

Cool thanks, I’ll have a look at that
I don’t really plan to flush them, I’ll feed bloom nutes up to chop day....but I do have intentions of washing them, I’ve seen a few comments here and there about washing buds but I’m clueless to that step also! :( So much learning to do still!

Always a pleasure to help!

My bud washing is simple (H2O2 and water, 1:4) but some folks do a three bucket version with lemon juice and baking soda. However I don't think you need really hot water in this process. Warm water is fine...like a pool you wouldn't mind getting into. Not a hot tub or a shower :).

That said, here is bud washing thread many people use:
Bud Washing

As I mentioned, I recommend you don't use the hottest water that comes out of your tap like it says. He has no idea what your water heater is set to!

plants looking good & sticky
good news got 1 clone to take, other still green but slower don.t see any roots yet

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    541.2 KB · Views: 202
Looking great Stu and some ambers in there mean it’s almost choppy chop time! Exciting times my friend keep it up!

Thx Dutchman

I’m not seeing what you and Emilya are seeing though lol, I see all clear tricomes, flip day count is screwed up... if I count from day one of flip Jan 5 they’ve still got 4 weeks according to the package but I’m counting the 14th as flip day so this Thursday is only 1 month or 4 of the 8-9 weeks suggested flowering time

Ww and bc are both 8-9 suggested flower length
Jh is 7-10

So I’m not sure, either their going amber at 4 weeks into flower and I’m not seeing the amber or the camera is playing tricks, lotsa red hairs now though, gonna upload a couple pics now.

9688C654-0C7F-43BC-BF7D-6CA72D2D60A1.png

5DF0EB0A-8A5A-4DF3-8F3A-438A3A37B8EF.png

351ECF9C-7E71-44EE-88C9-88668CD0FD25.jpeg

These look amber to me now :hmmmm:
Okay so if I count Jan 5 as flip day we’re only 36 days in as of today, should I really be seeing amber. I still see so manny clear ones and have never honestly spotted a cloudy one,
me confused!

E414D49D-250E-4721-8F57-F0DAE200D8AA.png
Make sure you are taking pictures right on the buds and not on the leaves poking out of them. The trichomes on the leaves will turn amber before the buds will. A lot of those pictures look like end of leaves or "not bud" itself and that is why you spot amber. The pictures where it looks more like a shot of the buds are mostly clear with some cloudy as well. If you take pictures with a flash it can throw it off a bit too. I'm still thinking these have plenty of time left.

Incidentally when you trim a plant down to the buds in the end you are often left with a small amount of these "leaves that are poking out" that have pretty amber trichomes on them. Dry that stuff in it's own jar and roll it up in some papers and smoke it and it will probably send you to the moon and when you come back straight to bed.. lol!

Make sure you are taking pictures right on the buds and not on the leaves poking out of them. The trichomes on the leaves will turn amber before the buds will. A lot of those pictures look like end of leaves or "not bud" itself and that is why you spot amber. The pictures where it looks more like a shot of the buds are mostly clear with some cloudy as well. If you take pictures with a flash it can throw it off a bit too. I'm still thinking these have plenty of time left.

Incidentally when you trim a plant down to the buds in the end you are often left with a small amount of these "leaves that are poking out" that have pretty amber trichomes on them. Dry that stuff in it's own jar and roll it up in some papers and smoke it and it will probably send you to the moon and when you come back straight to bed.. lol!

Okay, I’ll need to do a recheck tomorrow evening as lights are out now, yes I’m focusing my pics more on the little leaves and the tips as that’s were it was easiest to get the picture I found, I’m pretty shakey with the phone when I’m that close, and trying to hold the loop over the camera... I have a better look and get some bud pictures tomorrow. I’m hopeful for the full 9 weeks or more if needed, the more they bulk up the better.

Keeping those “leaves that poke out” in a separate jar for a rainy day doobie sounds like a great idea :)

Sugar leaves don't count! Only trichs on the calyxes are the ones we go by.

[what Ase said :)]
Okay :nomo::passitleft:

I am surprised by how sticky they are, I squeezed a bud just under the top yesterday for the first time just out of curiosity to see how dense it was, was solid, but was way stickier than I would have expected, fingers stuck together after, I found that interesting.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom