My first grow...

Take it off when the first leaves show, so pretty soon, i like the ventilation set up, make sure to keep the cabinet as clean as possible to avoid mold! Good luck

cotyledons

What the heck? Get that dome off now!!!! Seedlings do not require a high humidity set up. They start out with a root system perfectly capable of allowing transpiration. All your doing with that hood is babying this thing and possibly creating a toxic mess with algea or molds growing in that hot humid soil. Clones use a dome because they have no root system and moisture loss is deadly for a plant without roots to replenish the moisture. You keep the humidity high to decrease transpiration.

What the heck? Get that dome off now!!!! Seedlings do not require a high humidity set up. They start out with a root system perfectly capable of allowing transpiration. All your doing with that hood is babying this thing and possibly creating a toxic mess with algea or molds growing in that hot humid soil. Clones use a dome because they have no root system and moisture loss is deadly for a plant without roots to replenish the moisture. You keep the humidity high to decrease transpiration.

It's been off since they first started showing leaves. Right now I have 92 watts of CFLs on them, it stays around mid-70s right where the plants are

1226280967972.jpg

I've got to tack the damn mylar up again

1226538329484.jpg

I made some coke can reflectors for the CFLs (now 27 watts each) and got a staplegun for the mylar since the duct tape doesn't stick very well. I love that little fan I got, it has a hi and a low speed, and it rotates around so I can have strong or light wind, on or off the plants depending on what temp is needed. Just letting everything run for about 24 hrs straight kept the temp to about 85 max (prob. during the day) and 69 low.

you are effing amazing.
the coke can idea...
hahaha.
I haven't even smoked my meds today
and I'm already rolling on the floor laughing.
that has to be the best cheap reflector idea ever.
Hey Boss. Where were you on that one?
I though Boss was the king of poor mans growing.
anyways. Good luck on your grow!

how many days old are your plants?

The first 2 BR sprouted on the 4th, then the bagseed and 3rd BR sprouted a couple days later

you are effing amazing.
the coke can idea...
hahaha.
I haven't even smoked my meds today
and I'm already rolling on the floor laughing.
that has to be the best cheap reflector idea ever.
Hey Boss. Where were you on that one?
I though Boss was the king of poor mans growing.
anyways. Good luck on your grow!

lol thanks, but I can't take credit for the idea. there's a bunch of posts of people doin it, and it was easy and free. obviously not the best as far as reflection goes, but it's better than nothin. the cans fit perfectly over the ballast, when I cut the bottom of the can off I bend the edge of the hole inside so the sharp edge digs into the ballast a little bit...keeps it secure and makes it so I can adjust them easily

Good idea with the coke cans, gunna use them on my next grow!

my plants are a week old, and are that big... seem to be growing slow, do i need to get them some thing?

Mine are older than a week, the oldest ones germinated 10 days ago. I wouldn't worry about it, just don't do anything to harm the plants. They call it weed for a reason...while perfection may be necessary to get every gram possible out of them, the damn things will grow if you just throw em in your back yard :p the worst thing u could do is too start fuckin with em and possibly end up stunting or even killing them. Also, size and rate of growth depend on genetics....I'm shorter than average, does that mean I need something to make me taller? No, it's just how I am and how my genes are.

Have faith in your plants and just make sure you take care of them, they'll grow up fine

^^ Nice positive words Mike.

Oh I had planted a 5th seed (4th BR) and it has germinated as well, I just saw a centimeter of taproot stickin out.

Anybody looking for a seed bank, definitely check out highgrade-seeds. Quick turnaround, and so far 100% germination rate, even for a beginner. Nice prices too, though they require payment ASAP through FedEx or UPS or USPS so you have to pay for faster delivery...Still, they gave me 14 seeds total so I can't complain one bit

Thanks mike for the advise, i appreciate it. this is my first grow and not sure of all the things to do, should i be giving them any nutes? i bought 5 nutes that cost 200 bucks, but im not sure when to give them it... if you could help me that would be nice my friend..i did make a thread or what ever that is,under white widow. it says all my nutes.

Back
Top Bottom