Dashiznet's First Grow Journal Hydro - 2012

Dashiznet

This is my first attempt at growing. I've read up and planned things out (hopefully well enough).
My plan is to build a grow cab I've been planning for a while with two carb filters, a blue LED for seeds/ veg, and a red/blue/white LED for Flowering. I'm going to use Blue Planet Nutrients for the grow. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or see any problems throughout the grow. Thank you all for your experience and information. I hope I can use it to make this a successful grow:Namaste:

photo233.JPG

This is my seed germination setup sofar. I have Some chili peppers and three MJ seeds started; Bublegum, powerplant, and five?(don't remember where I got them but more are in the mail. I just wanted to use these for my first grow since I'm sure it won't go perfectly) I'm still waiting for the Blue LED to come in the mail and will start construction on my cab next week.

Re: Dashiznet's First Grow Journal Hydo- 2012

Sorry I forgot to put all of my grow info in my first post.
here goes...

What strain is it? Bubble Bud, powerplant, and Five
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? seedling
If in Veg... For how long? 3 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
Is it aircooled? Only fans
Temp of Room/cab? 78
RH of Room/cab? 48
PH of media or res? 53
Any Pests ? not yet
How often are you watering? once a day with a spray bottle
Type and strength of ferts used? Blue planet 3 bottle in the future. none at the moment

Well two of my girls have sprouted!

photo_copy_3.JPG

This is a view of both plants

photo_copy.JPG

This is Bubble Bud just showing her self

photo_copy_2.JPG

This is Five putting the others to shame! I'm a little concerned about her color tho. Is it common for seedlings to be yellow at the start or should they be green? I haven't given any fertilizer to them yet and am just spraying them with water about once a day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

She's turning green now... I guess I'm just a paranoid parent.

Just got my veg grow light in the mail today!
photo_copy_4.JPG

Here is an update on my plants:
photo234.JPG

Power plant has finally shown herself!
photo_copy1.JPG

They seem to be growing to reach the light so I lowered it and will get a smaller dome lid tomorrow
photo_copy_21.JPG
(sorry the pic is loading upside down I'll fix it tomorrow)

Just ordered a 240w LED grow light 240 Watt LED Grow Light | 240 Watt Full Spectrum G8LED Veg/Flower | Dorm Grow , a 72x 48x 24 cabinet to build my grow box, and a small file cabinet for supplies. I need to set everything up to look like a home office and as soon as I get the items I'll make a DIY thread showing the setup. Oh, I also have some exciting seeds on the way!
Barneys Farm Tangerine Dream
White Widow
DNA Genetics RockLock
DNA Genetics Seeds Lemon OG Kush
Lowryder Diesel Ryder
G13 Labs Purple Haze
World of Seeds Medical Collection Afghan Kush x Skunk
T H Seeds Lambo
Dinafem Seeds Cheese AUTO
Delicious Seeds Critical Jack Herer
Reserva Privada Kandy Kush
Cali Connection Blue Dream Haze
G13 Labs Pineapple Express

Hopefully by the time this all arrives I'll have most of the glitches worked out with my grow.

I put together a bubbler system in a with a topfin air-8000 air pump. It has four hoses which i am placing 3 6 inch sticks and one round stone. While looking around this seemed like the best option for both space and my first ever grow (seemed like less for me to mess up). I also have a ppm stick, a ph test kit, a thermometer for the water, and a temp/humidity thingy for the grow room (currently a closet). I'm still working on it but I'll post a pic when I complete it.

Here is a week three update:
Week37.JPG

The girls seem to be doing alright and will be transplanted into their new bubbler home this weekend.
Let me know what you think! :Namaste:

Got my new light from Grow dorm and put up a temporary grow tent until my materials come in for my DIY grow cab.

Here's a picture of week 4. I underestimated the heat from my new light and burnt bubblegum. Hope she is alright.

week42.JPG

I need to get the temp under control. The water resivor is at 81F and the tent gets up to 94F. I put a fan in there for now and will search for other options later.

Well here is an update... not a good one but an update none the less...

I bought a led light from dorm grow because of the low heat output and reasonable price but since I installed it the temp of my tent has gone up to 30 degrees above room temp! I have a fan pulling air in and a passive outtake vent. I'm planning to buy an igloo cooler to build a new bubbler in hopes of keeping better control of the res but have no idea what to do about the tent temp.

I fear this grow is doomed but I need to resolve this issue to start a second attemp.

More info:

What Strain is it? bubblegum/ powerplant

How Many Plants? 3

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4.5 weeks

Indoor or Outdoor? indoor

Soil or Hydro? hydro

If Hydro, Reservoir size? 18gal

If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 84 F

If Hydro, what type of Medium? clay pebbles

If Hydro, what type of Setup? bubbler

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 250 watt led

Is it Air Cooled? yes?

Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 94!

RH of Room/Cabinet? 38

PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5

Any Pests? no

How Often are you Watering? continuous

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? blue planet nutrients

Size or Square Footage of Room? 2x 4x 6 tent

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

AHHH!!! I woke up today to see this

Cater.jpg

Caterpillars are all over my baby plants. I bought some organic pest spray hoping it works.

Those caterpillars hurt my plants a great deal! Because of that, I've introduced a homemade co2 rig. I'm hoping that the co2 will help negate the damage.

co212.JPG

co221.JPG

Just joined a new collective and got a clone of Blueberry Diesel as my new member gift.

newaddition.JPG

You can also see the damage the caterpillars did...

Hi Dashiznit!! Wow.. Your grow is having a few little hiccups unfortunately..Not hatin buddy, i have had probs too! Sorry to see caterpillars ate ur girls:( Do you know how they managed to get into ur setup??I hate bugs! Because from ur pics, it looks like its been fairly well kept and thought out setup, Other than heat and having light too far or too close. As far as heat, id say you need to always make sure you have enuf circulating air, and some venting/extraction system- it doesnt have to be complicated, my friend just cut a small square into top corner of his tent, didnt toally cut it out, left it attached at the top so he could just lift the flap and pin it up so it was open for a couple hours if u understand wot i mean??lol..And that would keep temps down and humidity.. Im not suggesting u cut ur tent its just what he did before he got better equipment.. Well all i can say is, i hope your grow turn out ok in the end!:Namaste: they are a fairly resilient plant so you may end up with sum great weed still mate! :thumb:

I don't have much hope for this grows future. Those caterpillars keep coming back and have destroyed my plants. As far as how they got in; No Idea. I've ordered a stronger in line fan and a pesticide for my next attempt. As soon as all the parts arrive I'll start on my DIY grow cab and hopefully will have learned from my mistakes.

That being said; Thanks for the advice! I'll implement it next time. I'm going to keep this one going for another week and see how it goes.

Well mate, sorry to hear. You never know maybe you mite get a rose among the thorns?? But if not, dont give up mate, only takes like 48 hrs to germinate a seed!! So yeah, clean that shit with sum pesticide,insecticide,whatevaside and hope u clear out the pests, then just have a think as to how ur gunna do things, then..put ur plan to action. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Re: Dashiznet's First Grow Journal Hydro- 2012

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom