Stix First Hydro Grow

which 3 strains would you like to see grown first?

• White Widow (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 145 50.2%
  • Oasis (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 148 51.2%
  • Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 104 36.0%
  • Orange Bud (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 72 24.9%
  • Skywalker (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • Northern Lights (NL)

Votes: 130 45.0%

• Total voters
Re: StiX` First Hydro Grow

thanks everyone, the grow is going very good so far. I just found out my test clone sprouted roots today:allgood: . It's actually amazing. Yesterday there were no roots coming out of the rapid rooter. And today, there's around 8 roots at around 1/2" in length coming out.

Now, there's nothing I can do with this clone. She was only a test clone. I'm not gonna fill up the rainforest for 1 plant. Besides, it would be over 3 weeks ahead of the my next crop. So, instead of throwing her in the trash, I decided to see if I can sex her to see if the mother really is a mother after all. The only way I can do this is by throwing her in with the flowering test crop. The nutes are around 1050 PPM:grinjoint: with mainly blossom nutes. I figure I'll see some yellowing tips by tomorrow evening then death by the end of the weekend. :hmmmm: What do you think?

Oh yeah, I'll be cloning saturday morning. I'm going to try and get 24 clones. That way I'll have a better chance of getting 18 strong clones to flower in the 18 pot system. However, 2 of the white widow didn't fair to well in the beginning. They had alot of burning leaves and have since been dwarfed by the other plants by maybe 3 - 4 inches. I'm not gonna clone them unless I need to. I hope to pull 6 clones off of each plant.. 6 skywalker and 18 white widow. If all 24 should grow strong, then I have no choice but to have a dirt grow right next to my hydro. I wouldn't be able to throw out a perfectly good WW plant. It would just break my heart.

I know the feeling man, I couldn't hardily bring myself to trim off dead leaves little own throw one out. Good luck sexing her, I'm sure she will be a she especially if you bought the feminized, and you said you did. How cool would it be if it just exploded into growth with all the nutes though. Every-thing sounds like its going good though, keep up the great work.

Peace
-Brett

Well.

Stix, you and most on here probably don't know me to well yet, as i've only recently joined this fourm. I don't know the first thing about growing, but have found it to be a very interesting subject since I first started following your thread a few days ago.

I have to say dude, You are the shit! The growing room you've got is extreamly professional looking and far greater than anything I think I could achive. That and the plants together are like eye candy!

I wish you all the best man, and hope to follow your steps one day. When i've got more money and space.

stix said:
thanks everyone, the grow is going very good so far. I just found out my test clone sprouted roots today:allgood: . It's actually amazing. Yesterday there were no roots coming out of the rapid rooter. And today, there's around 8 roots at around 1/2" in length coming out.

Now, there's nothing I can do with this clone. She was only a test clone. I'm not gonna fill up the rainforest for 1 plant. Besides, it would be over 3 weeks ahead of the my next crop. So, instead of throwing her in the trash, I decided to see if I can sex her to see if the mother really is a mother after all. The only way I can do this is by throwing her in with the flowering test crop. The nutes are around 1050 PPM:grinjoint: with mainly blossom nutes. I figure I'll see some yellowing tips by tomorrow evening then death by the end of the weekend. :hmmmm: What do you think?

Hey stix what do you mean. (So, instead of throwing her in the trash, I decided to see if I can sex her to see if the mother really is a mother after all. The only way I can do this is by throwing her in with the flowering test crop)

torco55 said:
Hey stix what do you mean. (So, instead of throwing her in the trash, I decided to see if I can sex her to see if the mother really is a mother after all. The only way I can do this is by throwing her in with the flowering test crop)

All my plants should be female. I bought feminized seeds. I figure instead of throwing the test clone out. I'll just put it with the test grow, which is on its 44th day of flowering, to see if it really is a female after all. I doubt it will survive the flowering nutrients though

Midnight said:
Well.

Stix, you and most on here probably don't know me to well yet, as i've only recently joined this fourm. I don't know the first thing about growing, but have found it to be a very interesting subject since I first started following your thread a few days ago.

I have to say dude, You are the shit! The growing room you've got is extreamly professional looking and far greater than anything I think I could achive. That and the plants together are like eye candy!

I wish you all the best man, and hope to follow your steps one day. When i've got more money and space.

Thanks for the kind words man. As for my system. Yeah, it is on the (extreme) side of grow set ups. But you really dont need anything like what I have. You can find alot of satisfaction by just growing a couple plants in a closet. Most of the grows you'll find on here are closet grows. And I must say I have learned alot from them. Do some research, try and figure out problems before they become a problem for you. Anyone can grow. And if you do run into a problem feel free to ask anyone on this site for advice. That's what we're here for.

brett2themax said:
I know the feeling man, I couldn't hardily bring myself to trim off dead leaves little own throw one out. Good luck sexing her, I'm sure she will be a she especially if you bought the feminized, and you said you did. How cool would it be if it just exploded into growth with all the nutes though. Every-thing sounds like its going good though, keep up the great work.

Peace
-Brett

lol yeah, I have all my original dead leaves all over the floor still. I just got a shop vac for xmas so I think I'll be cleaning the whole room this weekend.

I decided to take the clones tonight rather then saturday. I got other shit to do tomorrow.

I dipped the clones into Dip N Grow liquid solution at 20 X dilution for 3-5 seconds at a time then stuck them in the rapid rooter. I put all the cuttings into my plastic humidor thing where they will stay until roots appear. Once a day I remove the lid and spray the plants down, as well as the inside of the lid with plain water. It helps keep the humidity up in the humidor. I should see roots around 10-14 days from now. After that, I will place all of them in the 2 rainforest systems. I will choose 18 out of the 26 best looking plants after a 3-4 week veg and place them into the 18 pot Ebb & Flow system. The rest (if viable) will be planted in soil right next to the hydro plants. I cloned 18 WW and 8 Skywalker.

plants001_6867411.jpg

plants003_3179041.jpg

plants004_9585931.jpg

plants007_5587861.jpg

How do I love that picture of all the clones. I can see them now, tall as the sky, bushey as a 500 year old pine tree. mmmmmmmmmm

What made you decide to flower them early? Just making sure that they don't out grow the room?

brett2themax said:
What made you decide to flower them early? Just making sure that they don't out grow the room?

Exactly brett. I started flowering the test crop at 10 inches. 1 of them grew perfectly, not to high. The other 2 have out grown the room by I would say 18 inches. That's why I had to tie them down. I really dont know the strains of the test plants because they were bag seeds from along time ago. Different bags. Could be sativa or Indica.

There is one very important thing your forgetting. You spent all your money on this grow, when harvest time comes around for these beautiful plants your not going to have any money to get the permanent smile removed from your face.

Idreamofdank said:
There is one very important thing your forgetting. You spent all your money on this grow, when harvest time comes around for these beautiful plants your not going to have any money to get the permanent smile removed from your face.

:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Alright, My clones seem to be doing good. No roots showing yet ofcourse, but they look healthy.

I've been trying to figure something out for the last month or so. I have no place to harvest my plants. I would have to build another large closet outside my flowering room to accomidate approx 20 plants. I really dont wanna do that at this time. So, It looks like I'll have to harvest inside the flowering room. Which will postpone me flowering the next crop. I'm guessing it will take 2 - 3 weeks to fully dry the crop before I can cure in glass jars. Kinda sucks, who knows I may have an itch to build something later on in the year.

On another note. I will be killing all 6 mother plants soon. I have an itch to try some new strains already. Not sure which ones. But I'm pretty sure blueberry will be one of them.

MM, blueberry sounds nice, would love to see that growing in your room man. Too bad about postponing next flowering, but hey its only a couple weeks. Could you set up a makeshift area for drying in the meantime outside to bud room?

It wont affect my first grow.. I will figure something out with my test grow as far as drying ( its only 3 plants). I'm thinking about drying those 3 in my ballast area. I'll just put the ballast on the floor and cover the opening with a thick blanket or somethin. Or perhaps I'll use a big box. dunno yet.The problem will start when I have to dry 20 plants in 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom