First Grow - Hydro - WWM and freebies

You could cut the tips of the burnt ones off if you like. I don't prune... ;-) The leaves are very important to the plant. That's where the plant receives it's energy from through photosynthesis.

Thanks for the info Ms.Fox. I had been wondering if pruning was necessary or not. Thanks for your support. +reps

MacMota- Thanks for dropping by and the compliment. You have to do what feels right for you. For me, the hydro seems to be a lot easier. I stuck with my hydro store's recommendation "Keep it simple." That is exactly what I am doing until my thumb passes it's final Green test lol.

Thanks for checking on us Ms.Fox.

Quick update.

After a couple of hectic weeks, here is my current status.
Still have the plants in veging due to lack of time for prep-flower. The plan was to have them flowering by now but some plans have been changed as well as running into roadblocks. We have had company recently and I haven't had much free time. We were planning on having someone to take care of the plants while on vacation, but that's not going to happen as frequently. I need to construct a res to last them at least 4 days at a time within 2 days. The landlord also wants to come replace the toilet while we are gone. Hopefully we are stealthy enough with the setup. We do have a lock on the door to the grow room and I picked up a Dayton blower for the carbon scrubber.

As for the girls, 2 are confirmed woohoo. They have been very forgiving due to the recent neglect.

WWM1
Unfortunately, her tops got burned from the lights. Hopefully she will be ok.
rsz_100_3949.jpg

Mazar x Afghan
She is a lot more thick and dense so pics were harder to get. She did not grow as much as the widow so her tops are fine.
rsz_1100_3953.jpg

I don't think I have ever been so excited about plants before lol. Thanks to those who have offered support thus far. It is greatly appreciated. We will be gone next week so hopefully I can get everything setup so the girls will stay happy and forgiving until we return.

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......I told you those "water farms" grow trees!!!!!....think about flowering them, 2 foot should still give you MONSTER trees dude, I started at 4 foot and got 11 footers!!....one word of addvice, make shure when you change out the nutes every 7 days, that you run PH'ed STRAIGHT water in them for at least a couple hrs before you add the new weekly nutes.......the reason I say is that during my grow, the little "milky" looking air line that goes to the bottom of the res. and supplies the air for the ring, got slap clogged up and had no air comming out , there for no ring water....MAN.... did it suck, and it all could of been avoided by just flushing the system once a week................your grow is looking just like mine did, and all came out great man....enjoy the grow and try to spend time with them and just sit and stare at them as much as you can.....the ladys will be ready for harvest sooner than you think.....then you'll wish it was not......great job and props brother........................PEACE

Alright. Back from our trip and back at caring for the girls.
All went well, or as well as could be expected. The girls are looking good. Some burned leaves on the widow but I will nurse her back to good health and the MA is beautiful and bushy. Gonna go get the new lights and prep them for flowering today. Will take some pics a little later and post them.

Bummer to hear about the boy. It looks like my MA is going to be a girl as well but I'm not sure yet. As far as the hermie, I'm not sure. I would imagine that if the one stalk was a tranny the whole thing will be but that's just my uneducated guess.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Just didn't know if there was a miracle cure lol. It's not a total loss, still have the MA and she is a beauty. I know the stress from the last couple of weeks turned the widow. Actually figured it was gonna happen with the vacation and all. I still have 8 more beans but am also looking at some other strains as well. The widows get really big, and she was gonna outgrow the space anyway. I actually contemplated finishing it for seeds, but don't think I want to go through the hassle of quarantine.

Damn dude. That Mazar-Afghan is huge! Did you supercrop it or anything?

The only method I used was LST at one point. I think she was only about 1' tall, then I bent her over at a 90 degree angle about 1/2 of the way up and that was it. I also vegged her a little longer than most. I think most people flower at about a foot tall, but I went a little longer with all of the chaos happening around here the last couple of weeks. She has preflowers opening up all over the place. I also invested in the FF nutes and saw a big difference in growth soon after. She took to them well. The only other thing I can think of is the WaterFarm. Everyone that is using them is having great success with them and monster plants. I think Happiehippie's plants reached 10 & 11' with them. The kit is about $70 if you're thinking of investing.

The Mazar-Afghan is a super dense plant and I would recommend using the LST method as much as possible for optimal growth. The canopy of the plant shadows so much of the core growth, had I lst'd a little more, she would be as big around as she is tall.

Time for a quick update.
Both WWM plants have been cut down which leaves the MA by herself. This week I had started her on 18/6 light schedule and the pre-flowering nute mixture which consisted of FF GB, BB and the introduction of OS. Tomorrow she will be in full flowering mode 12/12 with the light changeover and the nute change of TB, BB and OS. I am following the Hydro Sched by FF if anyone needs that info.
Now for the pics:

MA

rsz_100_4371.jpg

Some nice big fans
rsz_100_4372.jpg

Canopy shot
rsz_100_4375.jpg

A little tough to see, but some of her pistils
rsz_100_4376.jpg

and a random top
rsz_100_4377.jpg

Tonight will be the 7th day of flowering. The MA is doing well and I am on a business trip now and my girl is taking care of our MA until I get back. With so much down time and nothing to keep me busy in my spare time, I have started preparing for our next grow. I ordered some more fem beans from one of the sponsors and should be getting them in about a week or so. They are as follows: Dutch Passion-SC, Soma Seeds-Somango and Barney's Farm-LSD. Won't be germing all of these at the same time, but I like variety and definitely did a lot of window shopping until I found what I was looking for. I also liked the fact I could order just a few of each instead of buying 5-10 packs as the fem Somango are damn pricey, $27 each. Also thinking of investing in a 400w switchable light system. My only concern is heat buildup with this, but I'm sure I can work it out.

Looking good. It's nice to know that there's someone else just a few weeks ahead of me growing the same strain. This way I can see where I'm headed.

Question though, you said you put the lights on 18/6 for a day before you flowered. What were they on before?

Back
Top Bottom