My first grow...

I saw this earlier on another forum
"They are two weeks into veg and they got shocked for almost two weeks when they were seedlings, i fed them to soon."

dunno what truth there is to it, but like I said do some searching on forums and google and you'll find your answer. if not, just make a thread in one of the help sections and you'll get plenty of answers. I'm just a noob myself, I only know what I've researched so far

^ Honey? Why don't you start you're own thread? You've got a lot a questions that would be easily answered and all together if you just started your own. Don't be shy! You have perfectly good questions to ask. ;-) You don't add nutes to a SOIL grow til after about 2 weeks.

that wasnt me my friend, my plant are a week old.. i am doing reseach, some things i couldnt find..sorry to bother you. thanks for your input

I know it wasn't you lol it was someone else who ended up stunting the plants' growth because he gave it nutes too early. you asked about giving nutes to young plants, there's some anecdotal evidence that it's not such a great idea

1226875684030.jpg

I posted this on another forum, and someone seems to believe that it's not set up right. He seems to believe that the air I feel being pushed out the exhaust duct isn't coming from the cab, but that "1/2 of that is the air the fan itself make's that has never been in the cab." He also believes that "a vacuum effect can force air that has not been clean'd out....the least amount of resistance on the filter/scrubber/carbon the more effective it will work." Please tell me I'm not becoming retarded and that this guy is just talking out his ass:confused:

Also, the plants are about 2 weeks old. When should I put them under the MH, instead of being a few feet from it and just using the CFLs? I bought some veg nutes, when should I start giving it to them?

Well for one thing your fan isn't creating air. It can only move the air that already exists. From what I see, you have air inlets that aren't forced - no inlet fans; and you have fan(s) on the outlet. All of the outlet air goes through a filter. So the air flows free into the cabinet and is pulled out and filtered mechanically. This concept makes sense to me.

The comment about efficiency is accurate, but can only be affected by your fan speed and duct and filter size. From what I see your sizing seems right.

Honestly, whenever you feel like it, the size they are at can handle the MH, just dont get it too close to them. Personally i plan on doing CFL all the way through my grow... Best of luck man

Well then don't risk it, just keep 'em under the CFLs for a week or two more to be safe! Better safe then sorry

I didn't read what size of a MH they will be put underneath of? 400w? 1000w> Yes I agree that another week will be ok under the CFL"S and the within proper distance: Not too much mention of ventilation?
your ingenuity in the pics above inspire me, as it is truly ingenious for one to makeshift and form something from nothing> Keep it up and keep posting

I didn't read what size of a MH they will be put underneath of? 400w? 1000w> Yes I agree that another week will be ok under the CFL"S and the within proper distance: Not too much mention of ventilation?
your ingenuity in the pics above inspire me, as it is truly ingenious for one to makeshift and form something from nothing> Keep it up and keep posting

It's 400w. I also have a HPS bulb I'll switch once I get to flowering.

Ventilation is accomplished with a 500cfm 8" inline fan. You can see how it's routed here. The flex duct on the left is where the air is sucked out of the cab, flows through the hood, blown through the fan (on the right where it goes from 6" to 8") and dumped out of the room. Air is let into the cab via holes drilled at the bottom on the back wall, so the air flows from the bottom corner to the opposite top corner of the cab. I also have a small circular fan inside the cab, I point it at the plants so they develop stronger stems. Air is let into the room via a 1" gap under the door, as well as a couple holes in the wall, through I think 4" PVC "S" pipes. Because of how I've built everything, the only light that escapes the room is through the exhaust duct, and even then it's only a slight glow, because I painted the inside of the duct flat black.

Here's how they looked tonight.
1227322391486.jpg

This is the tallest one, it's 2 days younger than the oldest ones but still taller than them. I'm hoping it's just because it's a sativa rather than an indica, and it's not just shooting up like that cuz it's a male :shhh:
1227322433900.jpg

The others are much bushier, but then again they're 70% indica

The plants look great but it looks like you've been using your engineering scale as a straight edge; tell-tale black Sharpie marks...don't worry, we all do that...lol :peace:

Nice work dude. I just stumbled across this one journal today. I like your style dude and nice pics. Keep up the good work! +reps

Looking better. Are you feeding them now? If so with what? I see the fiber pots on top of the other pots. Did you plant them by removing the bottom? Try getting them out of the fiber pots and into the 3 gal pots on their own.

Back
Top Bottom