Stu’s First Grow

That my friend is my take on this
Building an aeroponic cloner bucket, aka The Cloninator!

It’s not exact but very close.

I love it! It's awesome!
I have an aeroponic bucket that I've burnt 2 aeroponic misters in. Similar design. Half the work is done if I'll build one like shed's, or I might try another aeroponic mister again. I didn't have my mister on a timer, it was happily misting away until it got dry and burnt. I also didn't have the stems hanging down through the net basket, mine were in rock wool blocks and rotted instead... :rolleyes:
Great work, shed and Stu! :goodjob:

I love it! It's awesome!
I have an aeroponic bucket that I've burnt 2 aeroponic misters in. Similar design. Half the work is done if I'll build one like shed's, or I might try another aeroponic mister again. I didn't have my mister on a timer, it was happily misting away until it got dry and burnt. I also didn't have the stems hanging down through the net basket, mine were in rock wool blocks and rotted instead... :rolleyes:
Great work, shed and Stu! :goodjob:
Give it another shot! How did it get dry? The water in my bucket stays the same level all the time.

When using a mister, the water level needs to be a little higher than the mister that sits on the bottom of the bucket, about 10 mm or so. The first mister got fried when I used it with 3 seedlings. Due to lack of space in my tent they were forced to stay a bit longer in the bucket than planned, and the roots got too big and they drank all the water in less than a day.
The second mister was used when I tried it with clones. Not sure if the mister tipped over or not, it did a few times, but suddenly the water level was too low and the mister was fried. I probably left it for too long without checking the water level.

I used this thing, and I burnt the first mister on seedlings, not clones. The seedlings turned into pretty big plants while still in the propagator. The bucket size is 5 liter, but you can only put enough in there to cover the mister and about 10 mm more, perhaps 1 liter. the mister only allows for a little bit of water to disappear before getting fried. The mister also makes the water quite warm. I got root rot, and had to amputate a fair bit of the roots.
When I used it with clones and burnt it, it could be because the mister fell over, I'm not sure. I think the mister works with ultrasound to create the mist.
If I'd use it properly, the mister might be perfect for clones. After seeing what you guys are doing, I want to give it another go.

Screenshot 2019-01-30 at 23.00.12.png

That's a tiny amount of water, and the lesson is move your plants much sooner!
Yes, I got too eager to get the next grow going before I'd finished the current one.

You've made me think, shed. I might try to attach a mister to some kind of floating device, that'll keep the mister at a certain depth at all times. Then I can put much more water in the bucket and allow for the water level to get lower without frying the mister.

I'm using a little 2 gallon bucket and it's got at least a gallon of water in it. If your plants are drinking that much in a day it's not an aero cloner, it's a DWC!

And I’m using a 5 gallon that’s just over 1/2 full, I have one with new roots, and pulled my other from the solo and put it back in the bucket as wasn’t looking healthy and roots were starting to rot in the over watered soil (oops) now it’s spitting new white roots out, but from the top view of my bucket it looks like crap, none looking healthy lol, I swapped to a different style 23 w light and raised it, hope it helps, but also being out in the open in the basement with 11-15% rh I think that’s also causing the drying out. All I know right now is glad I have some seeds, cause cloning is not working for me yet. Likely need to invest in a better area for them.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Some signs of life below

Back
Top Bottom