Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Hi!... Folks seeing a lot of new faces on the thread lately, just curious where everyone is from, I'm near Lake Superior Ontario... :) Going to be starting my indoor grow soon can't wait another 2 months for the snow to melt... Trying to decide what strains to grow and breed this year?
Hamilton Ontario, here. I grow outdoor mostly, but I have 60x60cm tent I use through the winter, one plant at a time. I also use it to start seeds for the summer.
Current summer plan is Skywalker OG in the ground, and Jack Herer, Jack the Ripper, and Doug's Varin (either clone or seed) in pots.

Hamilton Ontario, here. I grow outdoor mostly, but I have 60x60cm tent I use through the winter, one plant at a time. I also use it to start seeds for the summer.
Current summer plan is Skywalker OG in the ground, and Jack Herer, Jack the Ripper, and Doug's Varin (either clone or seed) in pots.
Nice selection.... Will be fun to see how they all turn out.. Im really interested in that Skywalker OG. By the sounds of it with one plant at a time you sound like you grow pot trees not plants! lol

Hey guys - Pretty happy with my just finished Trommel Sifter - and - I didn't need to go to Town to buy anything!!!
Now I gotta pick out my most finished bin to run thru it!!
trommel.jpg
Trommel 1.jpg

Hey guys - Pretty happy with my just finished Trommel Sifter - and - I didn't need to go to Town to buy anything!!!
trommel.jpg
Trommel 1.jpg
Nice greenjeans looks good
here's mine

trommel.jpg
Trommel 1.jpg
Hey Greenjeans I feel like a dinsosaur for asking, but what is a trommel sifter and what does it do? This one looks homemade so I'm assuming there's a basic design people copy. Does it somehow trim buts or does it collect trikes? Been out of the loop for a while so you guys will have to educate me. Thanks!

Hey Greenjeans I feel like a dinsosaur for asking, but what is a trommel sifter and what does it do? This one looks homemade so I'm assuming there's a basic design people copy. Does it somehow trim buts or does it collect trikes? Been out of the loop for a while so you guys will have to educate me. Thanks!
it's for sifting his worm poo
I use mine to sift the roots out of used dirt ,sifting compost, sifting sand, mixing dirt & concrete

I feel like a dinsosaur
Hey Zem - I often feel like a dinosaur as well !!!! A very old dinosaur!!! This sifter is meant to run my worm compost thru - any large chunks or unfinished material, and usually all of the worms, will not be able to get thru the 1/4" screen that lines the inside of the slowly spinning blue barrel and the smaller, finished compost drops thru into a container. I usually take the top 3 - 4" of the compost which contains most of the worms and unfinished material and put it back into the bin with fresh bedding and let them start all over. I'm pretty pleased with the way it works - even if the material is a little too wet, it still sorts it out fairly well.

Nice job! More built in value there than anything you could ever buy! I only use a flat screen and have to let the worms migrate so I can let the castings dry some. Wet sifting would be a real bonus. I'm thankful this morning for my life long interest in cannabis and the acquired avoidance skills. An old buddy in his 80's checked out with the covid last night. Looks like it's starting to turn into open season for seniors. Have a good one!

even if the material is a little too wet
Happy to announce !!! I ran another bin that wasn't quite ready but..... and even tho it was still pretty wet it ran thru really well - I got a 5 gal can of finished compost. Ran the whole thing thru in about 15 - 20 minutes and quiet as a limping mouse!!! :thumb:

You must be in Spain Zem? I met some tourists a few years back, they where from Barcelona. They lit right up when the talk came around to cannabis? :thumb:
I wish I was in Spain, but omicron screwed that up, so we plan on leaving at the end of the month. How are things in NS? I really like the compost you're making. I swear the cannabis grown in real dirt with compost and organics has something special to it. It produces very healthy plants.

Back
Top Bottom