Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I get dew like this just about every morning now plus fog from the big pond. Plant is soaked and leaves are yellowing way to early, no doubting it will be full of mold if I don't start bringing it inside. Great place for growing weed if one doesn't have great expectations.

20230904_071457.jpg

I get dew like this just about every morning now plus fog from the big pond. Plant is soaked and leaves are yellowing way to early, no doubting it will be full of mold if I don't start bringing it inside. Great place for growing weed if one doesn't have great expectations.

20230904_071457.jpg
How would it go in a clear plastic hothouse, its looking good so far

20230904_071457.jpg
I'll be sraying the outside ones later on tonight... Finger's crossed.

what are you spraying ? citric acid mix ?

would a nice green house fight off the humidity .. see a nice yard for one..
Yes DD, CA mix. Unfortunately, the only green-house space would be a few feet from the side-walk.

And just to make matters worse I went to spray the citric last night at sun-down and was suprised to see these little critters all over. I pintched them off but couldn't spray the Sheafers yet. Went back after work today...had a few crawling and sprayed with the soap.

May just junk the outside grow. Dealing with PM inside and managing it pretty well but enough is enough.

Have a shit-load of stash aqnd will be taking a break after this.

This long covid is beating the3 shit out of me and easy tasks aren't that easy. Just soo fking tired all the time...

So what are these little MO Fkers?

Cheers!
IMG_20230905_135039_resized_20230905_052719677.jpg

Always spray a sun-up same with watering gives them time to dry some before lights out & humidity builds

One's I see are black unless they start white

spray late in the day is better recommendation if u do at noon your going to fry the leafs on a sunny day ..

20230904_071457.jpg

get a nice little green house on your big lots somewhere .. help fight off moisture ..

Got one DD, it's really no better in the fall unless I took all precautions for ripening cannabis. Still would need extra heat, dehumidification and air exchange ......... might get away with heat depending on the breed. Getting started early and food is all I use it for. In the house is about best now for weed. No way do they get a chance to infect my grow shed. Just about now I can't wait for winter, all I have to do is move snow.

20230719_110126.jpg

20230905_190549_resized.jpg

Got one DD, it's really no better in the fall unless I took all precautions for ripening cannabis. Still would need extra heat, dehumidification and air exchange ......... might get away with heat depending on the breed. Getting started early and food is all I use it for. In the house is about best now for weed. No way do they get a chance to infect my grow shed. Just about now I can't wait for winter, all I have to do is move snow.

20230719_110126.jpg

20230905_190549_resized.jpg
Curious How big and how much did the hoop house cost you?... Was thinking of getting one to start things earlier outside and play peak a boo with the weather bring them in and out come fall time to keep them dry till finish... lol

Cost more than I like but it was a retirement present to myself. Around $3,800 for everything. Gravel, 6x6 hemlock base plate, all plastic, compost delivery and vent fan. If I had more ambition another $2,000 would double wall it make the enviromental changes. 16 x 24, OK if I could fill it but not for 4 plants. I was always happy with a wood frame and woven poly from old Bob at a Northern Greenhouse. Weather here is abnormally warm for fall. Last two Sept had no killing frost, 1st for me. No gain though, the humidity finishes everything. Pricing was 4 years ago.:laugh:

Cost more than I like but it was a retirement present to myself. Around $3,800 for everything. Gravel, 6x6 hemlock base plate, all plastic, compost delivery and vent fan. If I had more ambition another $2,000 would double wall it make the enviromental changes. 16 x 24, OK if I could fill it but not for 4 plants. I was always happy with a wood frame and woven poly from old Bob at a Northern Greenhouse. Weather here is abnormally warm for fall. Last two Sept had no killing frost, 1st for me. No gain though, the humidity finishes everything. Pricing was 4 years ago.:laugh:
If you double walled it and put a heater in it could you grow threw the winter season in there? Have you done that with just a single layer of plastic?

Maybe a Cat 5 hurricane heading for Nova Scotia !!!

I could put in wood heat and spend my life loading the stove but between mid Nov. and the end of March would require way to much plus lighting during that bleak period. Damn thing was really well engineered, so far it's taken everything nature has ........ bring it on baby! :laughtwo:

its a super cat 5 record breaker now PAY ATTENTION

I could put in wood heat and spend my life loading the stove but between mid Nov. and the end of March would require way to much plus lighting during that bleak period. Damn thing was really well engineered, so far it's taken everything nature has ........ bring it on baby! :laughtwo:
In our area it can get to -35-40. Some people experamented with hand drilling 8 in. diameter holes 8 ft. In the ground next to trees enclosed their delicate fruit trees in insulated blankets and monitored the Temps. remotely. The Temp inside those blankets never dropped below -25 all 2023 winter. My shed with no heat on the coldest days in winter barely freezes. So there are ways to increase the temp with some thought and of coarse $...

Light dep is the only practical thing. I can't come up with any reason to keep it going that long unless it where commercial. At one time i thought about using it for expanding worm production. Translucent roofing, siding and insulation would be such a cool thing! Nothing I like better than my shed for winter. Always been in awe of the artificial thing for cannabis. The hurricanes usually get the good taken out of them by cold air, but I keep a watch on them also. 30 here today ........ UNBELIEVABLE!

Screenshot_20230909-070413_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom