Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I'd rather see a farmer a multi millionaire who is growing food for the planet than developers making billions from taking farmland out of the greenbelt and building monster houses on it. My family were farmers and we weren't millionaires, we loved our animals (beef and milk cows) and grew enough food to feed a family of seven kids.

no one farms that way anymore. there are very few farms here that are not a corporate farm. my entire family save for one cousin was forced off the land during the last and current generation by corporate farms buying everything up.

my cousin runs a corporate farm with roughly 125 million in equipment. that's considered small now. he's the last in the family on the land. he farms land in two provinces more than 8 hrs apart.

even our premier is a corporate farmer. all of the provincial policies are now geared to give them the advantage. family or subsistence farming has been legislated out of existence.

dont think mold eating or burning the leaves.. what should i do with it ?

likely a mold or fungus if it's attacking both leaves and new bud at the same time. i'd remove it before it infects others.

no one farms that way anymore. there are very few farms here that are not a corporate farm. my entire family save for one cousin was forced off the land during the last and current generation by corporate farms buying everything up.

my cousin runs a corporate farm with roughly 125 million in equipment. that's considered small now. he's the last in the family on the land. he farms land in two provinces more than 8 hrs apart.

even our premier is a corporate farmer. all of the provincial policies are now geared to give them the advantage. family or subsistence farming has been legislated out of existence.
Last I checked the majority of NS was still rural and lots of examples of the small family farm still exist but it's dieing. Not the norm but I can come up with a few shining examples of folks that are feeding themselves and making a small income. Makes me sad that so many people have a disconnect about the land and how to feed themselves and don't really care.

Last I checked the majority of NS was still rural and lots of examples of the small family farm still exist but it's dieing. Not the norm but I can come up with a few shining examples of folks that are feeding themselves and making a small income. Makes me sad that so many people have a disconnect about the land and how to feed themselves and don't really care.

farming in the east is much more like things used to be here. it's also much harder to acquire the vast amounts of land in single connected chunks than it is here.

the provincial gov'ts of manitoba, sask, and alberta have adopted a model based on the austrailian corporate structure of farming.

Oh boy!! I don't know about you guys but this year in southern Quebes is the second rainiest year in our recorded history, :(
Just pulled off a shitload of yellow leaves from the bottom. They didn't get a fraction of Remo cause the soil was almost always wet, Should I top them with worm castings again? Its been a while.
IMG_20230830_141531_resized_20230830_021811915.jpg

My 2 banana autos doing ok, building up my indica stash. Still have about 2 lbs of my cafe racer sativa, :thumb:

IMG_20230830_141635_resized_20230830_021811339.jpg

Problem with the left on though and I doubt it's mold. EVERYTHING was bleached and it's only on a a few bottom leafs.
IMG_20230830_141654_resized_20230830_021810776.jpg

Could it be residual Remo from when I top fed them at the beginning?

Thanks and take care!

Oh boy!! I don't know about you guys but this year in southern Quebes is the second rainiest year in our recorded history, :(
Just pulled off a shitload of yellow leaves from the bottom. They didn't get a fraction of Remo cause the soil was almost always wet, Should I top them with worm castings again? Its been a while.
IMG_20230830_141531_resized_20230830_021811915.jpg

My 2 banana autos doing ok, building up my indica stash. Still have about 2 lbs of my cafe racer sativa, :thumb:

IMG_20230830_141635_resized_20230830_021811339.jpg

Problem with the left on though and I doubt it's mold. EVERYTHING was bleached and it's only on a a few bottom leafs.
IMG_20230830_141654_resized_20230830_021810776.jpg

Could it be residual Remo from when I top fed them at the beginning?

Thanks and take care!
Sorry to say looks like PM - (powdery mildew) you can stop the spread with citric acid spray but will stay on the leaf
Sheds recipe new recommendation of a .25% solution, which would be 1.25g of citric acid in 500ml of distilled water. Don't forget to add a few drops of dish soap (or some yucca powder) to make the spray stick to the leaves. In 1500ml of water I add less than 1/16th tsp of RAW brand yucca powder and that's plenty!

There's a deep dive, mildew. Get a dehumidifier and vpd chart. I get it like crazy if I don't tend to my enviroment. Most amazing the odd plants that don't seem bothered by it. Feeding it to the worms is the only thing i know to do and just not letting it germinate. Podosphaera xanthii is the one i have a hell of a time with on cucumbers, I got a different name for it. :laughtwo:

Sorry to say looks like PM - (powdery mildew) you can stop the spread with citric acid spray but will stay on the leaf
Sheds recipe new recommendation of a .25% solution, which would be 1.25g of citric acid in 500ml of distilled water. Don't forget to add a few drops of dish soap (or some yucca powder) to make the spray stick to the leaves. In 1500ml of water I add less than 1/16th tsp of RAW brand yucca powder and that's plenty!
Thanks, Joe. I wasn't sure because only a few leafs were infected on the bottom. Nada on the one beside it. Everything was disinfected before-hand.

Have experience with PM and its CA solution. I lost my perpetual last winter because of it.

As @Odjob said. Dehumidify, which I have. Right now, my RH is at 43%. At what point would it be essential to dehumidify?

P.S. On the bright side, those infected leaves need to be trimmed anyways. They recently went into flower (end of week 5, done by week 9) and its my last chance to air the bottom.

Thanks, and cheers!

Right now, my RH is at 43%. At what point would it be essential to dehumidify?
Not just dehumidify but keep air moving, water at lights on. At this time of year with rain, hot days cool nights PM is in the air. Now is the time in full bud keep it under 40% if you can
Avoid outside & than visiting your plants soon after in same clothes & shoes

think i was using strong mix outside last yr.. 10 or 20 grams a gallon.. 80 grams in 5 gallon bucket.. with drop of dawn dish soap..

spray late in evening not in sun.. multiple apps every 3 days or so...

Not just dehumidify but keep air moving, water at lights on. At this time of year with rain, hot days cool nights PM is in the air. Now is the time in full bud keep it under 40% if you can
Avoid outside & than visiting your plants soon after in same clothes & shoes
So I should put my PJ's on when I get home. Sounds good!! :thumb: :Namaste:
Thanks for the 411, my friend.

Thanks, Joe. I wasn't sure because only a few leafs were infected on the bottom. Nada on the one beside it. Everything was disinfected before-hand.

Have experience with PM and its CA solution. I lost my perpetual last winter because of it.

As @Odjob said. Dehumidify, which I have. Right now, my RH is at 43%. At what point would it be essential to dehumidify?

P.S. On the bright side, those infected leaves need to be trimmed anyways. They recently went into flower (end of week 5, done by week 9) and its my last chance to air the bottom.

Thanks, and cheers!
Good luck getting that under control. My temp, co2 and humidity gets recorded. I keep it constant 85 and 60% humidity lights on. 70 and 45% lights off. My problem was humidity spikes when my light went out. Good air exchange is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom