CannabisMan420s Perpetual Grow 2022

You know, I need that boom. Heard it referenced far too much for me not to grab it.
It's a great book. @StoneOtter uses the info properly. I read it and use bits and pieces. Maybe that's why he grows better plants. :laughtwo:

In the 2 gl?
Yes, the 2 gallon bucket. The container I used to make the dome/void is a 1.2 liter food storage container I think. So that's the size of the void in the soil that can be filled with water, less a bit for the air gap, plus a bit that the surrounding soil can hold.

So many ways to grow these plants I think we are just honing in on some better ways as of lately is all! Between these and the droughting I mean, sheesh.
And neither of those two game changers require any jumping through hoops or special knowledge or skills. But the difference in output is pretty dramatic.

Me thinks so too CMan! I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised and won't got back to anything other than these moving forward
True for me. And I'm converting the houseplants over as well. I even did an aloe that's surpringly good! Surprising because those are supposed to like a drier soil. Turns out that's not true, at least for us SIP growers. :cool:

Back with another weekly update, the plants are all doing good this week.

First up as usual, small to big, we have the OGK seed #14, in the SIP bucket growing very nicely. I just started training her today after taking these pics. Looking like a very nice candidate for quadlining.

Next up is the Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 seed #2. I've decided not do defoliate since the leaves are keeping the growth of the inner branches down so the outer branches can grow a bit more before flowering. They should all be popping out over the next week or so.

OG Kush again, seed #13 maybe you can guess I like this strain. Not to discount the others, but this one produces nice compact and dense buds that hit really nice, and aren't super stinky. Again, this one is a runt, but I will probably get some really nice and crystally weed out of it.

Lastly we have the Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #3 STILL in flowering, looking like at least another week till harvest. Many of the hairs are red, but her metabolism is still going strong, sucking up plenty of water etc. A few of the leaves are showing fall colors, and I expect more to follow over the next week or two. To be quite honest, I forgot to start flushing her and have been feeding with full strength nutes up till just a week ago, so that's probably why she is still green.

Finally a shot of the grow tent as usual:

Up first this week, in the SIP bucket and doing pretty much fantastic is the OG Kush seed #14, at just over 4 weeks in veg. The undergrowth is doing nice and I've done some very light defoliation to try and give the lower set of branches a chance to catch up to the top ones. She is definitely more stretchy than I'm used to for this strain, and looks like she will be a big plant by the time she goes into flower.

Next up is the Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 seed #2. Not quite a week in flower and this plant is bushing out nicely.

Next is the runt, even the buds are looking small at this stage. Hopefully its a good smoke, cuz there won't be much of it from the looks of things.

Lastly a bunch of shots of the BBKxAK47 seed #3 nearing harvest time.

:peacetwo:

Great job. Seems like everyone just becomes a better grower when switching to SIPs.

Not that we give the bucket any credit, rather it is our ability to discern what the plant wants in terms of pot structure and adapt. So you see? It really is all about us and not the pot. :laughtwo:

Its one of those days, Harvest Day!!
I've spend many hours trimming, last night and this morning and WOW! I expected maybe 6 to 8 ounces or so, but this Blueberry Kush x AK47 plant produced 335g or 12 Ounces! I tried a little bit as well, and she is a pretty good smoke for not being cured at all.
I ended up breaking the plant up into 4 chunks for drying and hanging, with each branch of the quad-line hung separately. In retrospect, humidity is low in the drying area so I should have probably just hung the whole plant so it would have taken a bit longer to dry. All in all I am very happy with this quality and quantity of cannabis from an organic soil grow. That is 3/4 of a pound of really nice stuff! My biggest harvest yet!

Here are some pics, the trichomes range from clear to cloudy to very amber, so it looks like I picked a good time to harvest.
This is from one bud:

This is from another bud:

The OGK plant #14 is coming along pretty nicely, mostly bulking up over the last week as opposed to stretching outward, it seems like it is putting a lot of energy into growing the inner branches now:

I will probably slow down now on the number of plants I grow at once since I have a big ass backlog of weed to smoke and give away. I'll probably focus on growing out some big plants in attempts to get a full pound instead of this measly 3/4 pound. ;)

Congrats on the harvest, Cman! :thumb:

I will probably slow down now on the number of plants I grow at once since I have a big ass backlog of weed to smoke and give away. I'll probably focus on growing out some big plants in attempts to get a full pound instead of this measly 3/4 pound. ;)
Yeah, and now with your new fetish for SIP growing your plants (and therefore your harvests) will likely be larger. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Saturday again?
Well I guess its time for another update...

Starting with OG Kush seed #14, in a SIP bucket, there is pretty good growth since last week. She is slightly discolored on some of the smaller new growth, so I'm not sure what is going on here. Its hard to see from the pics, but the leaves on the smaller branches are lighter green than the rest and some have purple/yellow edges. I'm guessing not enough nitrogen, so I top fed her again with some veg feed hoping the extra nutrients will help out.

Next up is the Fruity Pebbles OG v2.0 seed #2, coming along nicely. She is kind of a small plant for what I expected.

Finally the runt, OG Kush seed #13. She smells very nice, kind of fruity like bubblegum.

And a shot of the flowering room before OGK #14 goes in.

:Rasta:

Missed posting last week, but there wasn't much to see. Now there has been 2 full weeks of growth since my last post!

This will probably be my last post in this journal, I might make a new one for 2023.

In any case, starting smallest to biggest, up first is the SIP plant, OG Kush seed #13 and she is drinking about 1.5L a day currently, after 2 weeks of flowering. These plants are never beasts, but this one is growing very nicely for this strain! She hasn't started producing any signs of flowers yet, so I expect another full week of stretch. She should be a fair sized plant when she starts poppin flowers.

Next up is Fruity Pebbles OG V2.0 seed #2. This plant has a lot of small hairs growing out everywhere, where the OGK #13 up next has fewer hairs but they are much thicker. The buds are growing out nicely, and she is starting to get to that stage of putting on a lot of weight.

Lastly is the OGK seed #13, the runt. She got stunted even more because I had to change out my temp/humidity sensor and the new setup had a little red light on it. Turns out putting some tape over it didn't work very well, and it was still bright enough to stunt this little plant. She is now getting pretty far into flowering with no signs of stopping, but at least now she is packing on weight and I know why she stopped.

That's all for this year!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom