CD’s First Grow

I think I understand, correct me if I’m wrong. I’m thinking I’ll be topping today. Down to the 3rd node.
B77E9F88-6C5B-4F40-9F23-0222DE7214FE.jpeg

That’s exactly right! :high-five:
now here’s the thing. There’s many ways to go about this. What I do, is top above the fifth internode. Remove the bottom two internodes and leave three in tact on the plant. Leaving my self a hexline. A lot of growers only leave two internodes on the plant and do a quad line. I like to leave that third node on there because sometimes they make it to the top canopy of the plant, sometimes they don’t. If that’s the case I always remove the bottom internode when I lollipop my plants. Some people top above the 6th, 7th, 8th or on internode. That’s just the way I like to do things, with the hexline.

now do you have any root hormone? Like clonex or anything? You can buy some at c tire peavey mart actually a lot of places. What you could do here is, top above the third internode leaving a small stub of stem left behind, maybe 1/4 inch long. It helps prevent your plant from cracking down the middle when you start heavy training and or with the heavy colas on them. Then drop the topped part off into a cup of water for about half hour to an hour. Then dip in clonex, and tap a bit in the hole of a peat puck or what ever desired tool to use, leave in a humidity dome of some sort and hope you get roots out the bottoms of your pucks after a week or so. If so, you have successfully cloned your plants. You could repeat once the clone gets tall enough! No more buying seeds!:high-five:

Okay so I did top one of the plants before seeing your reply. I topped it at the 3rd node and left the rest lower than that on. I’m going to nip out to CT and grab some rooting compound right now as the top sits in water. I’m thinking I’ll take off the lower growth tips and leave the second and 3rd node as a “quad line” if I understand correctly.
You are the man Backlip!
cant thank you enough for helping me through this first grow brother.
-CD

Attachments

• 408AA02E-C6C5-4C1F-9C77-38352B3D2025.jpeg
    408AA02E-C6C5-4C1F-9C77-38352B3D2025.jpeg
    590.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 47158D47-EF59-423F-B142-92A464A37FB4.jpeg
    47158D47-EF59-423F-B142-92A464A37FB4.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 65E11D93-4BBA-4C59-9959-5E613EBA1F9D.jpeg
    65E11D93-4BBA-4C59-9959-5E613EBA1F9D.jpeg
    732.4 KB · Views: 37
Hey not a problem brother! It’s my privilege to help you along! :high-five: I’m happy to do so!

that looks great! Quad line is the exact term you were looking for. It’s “quad line“ because now, instead of one Main cola, you have tricked the plant to have 4 main colas!:headbanger:

another thing I should point out, is when you top, be carful not to damage the new branches coming in, in the armpit. Those branches are what you want to tie down and train to the outside of the pot. Then you veg till you fill the inside of the pot, and flip to flower.:thumb:

second plant is done also now, topped at the 5th, lowest growth tip removed leaving 3 nodes “hex-lined”.
Awesome! Best of both worlds! :headbanger::high-five:

now, that hexline May be turned into a quad line come time, but it’s always nice to see the small bottom internode make its way to the top!:high-five:

CC91685C-D592-40F6-81A8-0FD62CD49831.jpeg

7B18B183-4ACB-4538-B066-6D3B1D53035B.jpeg

783D1CD8-64DE-4482-8596-915882F9ADEC.jpeg

Yes I was extremely careful not to touch or damage the growth tips as I pruned them. Bought mini Fiskars to top them and used a Stanley razor blade to cut off the lowers. This has been a such a wonderful experience. I was nervous at first since chopping off some of the plant really seems counterintuitive but you really have set my mind at ease. Now the way I see it is that I’m just helping conserve wasted energy and focusing said energy where I believe it needs it.

nervous at first since chopping off some of the plant really seems counterintuitive
I was the same way! I let the plant go to like node 9 or something before I topped. It is a bit nerving! I absolutely agree with you there!

Now the way I see it is that I’m just helping conserve wasted energy and focusing said energy where I believe it needs it.
Exactly :high-five:

ya man! I have no doubt in my mind you will be pleased with the outcome here!:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm going to follow along. I just finished my first grow and have started my second with a journal. My first was a Girl scout cookies and a Pineapple Express but they were Fastbuds Autoflower. Got just under 4 oz from the each plant and the Pineapple express is now my favorite strain. I don't have much to offer other than what was already said, don't stress out too much over things. I broke off main stems (was repaired and didn't even slow the growth) had some burned tips, worried about deficiencies and in the end, all my worrying was for nowt. Your girls look like they're off to a good start.

Drop by and check my grow if you're interested. Link below.

@Rickstertp, eeyup mi old china. Thanks for stopping in. I’d love to have you follow along. I’ll be doing a full update tomorrow with pictures. Been sick most of the week this week haven’t been able to do much updating. I see you use the term “for nowt” that was a term used widely in my original homeland. Which I’m guessing you are from! I’ll take a look at your journal after I out the kids to bed. Thanks again
-CD

@Rickstertp, eeyup mi old china. Thanks for stopping in. I’d love to have you follow along. I’ll be doing a full update tomorrow with pictures. Been sick most of the week this week haven’t been able to do much updating. I see you use the term “for nowt” that was a term used widely in my original homeland. Which I’m guessing you are from! I’ll take a look at your journal after I out the kids to bed. Thanks again
-CD
Actually my wife is from the UK, but I‘ve picked it up a bit. My current grow is just starting, but hopefully there will be more to report soon. Cheers!

Hello all, update time.
new growth from topping has started to come in pretty nicely. I did accidentally spill a bit of nutrient water on plant 2 as I was feeding with caused some burn spots. I’m not too worried about it since I know where it came from. I’ve been hella sick for the past week or so that’s why I haven’t been on much. Feeling a bit better now so I’ll be back to myself again soon. I did start some LST on the new growth last night. The tips were long enough that I figured it could be started.

Plant 1’s fan leaves are big and I’m not sure they are letting enough light to the bottom node of the hex line. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about that yet.

Seedlings are doing okay. I did notice that seedling 3 had a couple slightly “twisted leaves” but the atmosphere is the same for all 4 so I’m hoping it’ll just grow out of it as it expands.

last picture is an overview of Plant 2 with LST started

Attachments

• 44D222EF-E5C4-4C64-B2E2-FFDD427A13FC.jpeg
    44D222EF-E5C4-4C64-B2E2-FFDD427A13FC.jpeg
    665.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 3AC5B705-BB50-424E-839A-8588E5487FC3.jpeg
    3AC5B705-BB50-424E-839A-8588E5487FC3.jpeg
    705.1 KB · Views: 49
  • A512B543-D179-4A06-8B02-7C844D5A78FF.jpeg
    A512B543-D179-4A06-8B02-7C844D5A78FF.jpeg
    722.9 KB · Views: 53
  • D696AB4B-46B1-4E05-94FF-5A707A8CFAE6.jpeg
    D696AB4B-46B1-4E05-94FF-5A707A8CFAE6.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 200D65C3-CF79-40A8-9BA9-A1CCAD565749.jpeg
    200D65C3-CF79-40A8-9BA9-A1CCAD565749.jpeg
    717.1 KB · Views: 43
I’m not sure they are letting enough light to the bottom node of the hex line. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about that yet.
You gotta remember that when I grow out these hexlines. I veg for longer then 80 days. Your plants are still young and have lots of time to grow into their pot, then the next pot, so on and so forth. Once they stretch into flower, the strong make it, and the weak dont. No harm no foul! You’ve got plenty more where that came from. :thumb:

your playing the game of patience brother!:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom