CD’s First Grow

Hi all,
After introducing myself and such I’ve decided in order to get advice and help better from experienced growers I’d create a journal. If you haven’t read my introduction I’ll give a brief description of the setup here;
First timer grower, be gentle.

Room consists of a 8’x8’ room with a 6’4”ceiling, insulation board walls covered with white tarp. Window AC unit drawing fresh air from outside.

Lamp is a Phlizon 3000w (630w) LED
Temp is at 72 degrees and humidity is at approximately 50/55%

Medium- mixture of Promix HP, organic soil, compost with worm castings

Nutrients- Flora trio (nothing has been administered yet)

I have 4 plants on the go
2 just broke out of the soil yesterday (January 24th in solo cups)
2 broke out of the soil 2 weeks ago
(January 10th in 3 gallon containers)

I will be transplanting into 5 gallon containers when timing is right.

Mistakes have been made but thats part of the learning experience. All advise will be welcomed and taken seriously.

Thanks in advance for the help and a special thank you to all the commenters welcoming me in my introduction page.

-CD

Attachments

• 89D45699-1DFD-4A5A-973D-99AE36871F68.jpeg
    89D45699-1DFD-4A5A-973D-99AE36871F68.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 79
  • B0C3D2FB-0F79-44D1-9DFE-BB80ADD5D928.jpeg
    B0C3D2FB-0F79-44D1-9DFE-BB80ADD5D928.jpeg
    715.7 KB · Views: 94
Now that out of the way, here is what is going on. I have been running the Lamp 18-6 with VEG/BLOOM switch AND COBS at the same time. What I’m seeing is what I believe to be heat stress. I will add a picture below. I was going to lower the lamp on advice from a experienced seasoned grower but I got a little concerned/scared and didn’t quite yet. Looking for opinions on what you fine folks think.
-CD
B9F65EFB-DDAA-4AB5-A41A-78705921506F.jpeg

Thanks for stopping in, so I shouldn’t worry much about the curled edges as of yet. Good to know.
One of the biggest problems with new growers to have is, loving their plant “too much”. Just relax brother! Sit down! Smoke a joint, and just enjoy the experience! If there is a real problem happening, we will be sure to jump in and help you along! :thumb: :high-five:

It looks very minor. I had this happen to me with a NL auto and I think mine was related to heat. Your conditions look good though and the curl is so minor I think it will grow away. Is your fan running in the tent? I lowered my temps but are still higher than yours and added a fan.

It looks very minor. I had this happen to me with a NL auto and I think mine was related to heat. Your conditions look good though and the curl is so minor I think it will grow away. Is your fan running in the tent? I lowered my temps but are still higher than yours and added a fan.

Oscillating Tower fan is running all the time, on “breeze” setting (changes fan speed to simulate different wind conditions). I think you guys are right. I’m just trying too hard to make the grow perfect. I’ll just roll with the punches and chill out.

So Im thinking I’ll update this grow every couple days or so with pictures unless I see something concerning. I’m thinking I’ll start a light dose of nutrients (1/4 Or 1/3 dose) either next watering which will be tomorrow or the one after that. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• E95AF6C6-3AA0-4F71-BE41-199CFA2B9C77.jpeg
    E95AF6C6-3AA0-4F71-BE41-199CFA2B9C77.jpeg
    697.7 KB · Views: 80
  • D273CDC5-4584-4356-AD15-CE85BF76BF7D.jpeg
    D273CDC5-4584-4356-AD15-CE85BF76BF7D.jpeg
    572 KB · Views: 72
  • 61D9E899-1820-4564-84DA-EBBBE3A0EDEA.jpeg
    61D9E899-1820-4564-84DA-EBBBE3A0EDEA.jpeg
    929.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 0665369A-A3C2-4D71-948B-E8240AA7D7E6.jpeg
    0665369A-A3C2-4D71-948B-E8240AA7D7E6.jpeg
    749.4 KB · Views: 69
Those pictures are bit better to see the plant in. It’s best for you to take pictures under normal light when your asking for opinions of what is going on. They do look a bit more “yellow” in those pics then the other ones. Do you have any cal mag? Add some of that, in the next feeding if you can. Your plants will love it. Other then that, your plants look great!

@Backlipslide I do not have cal/mag but I’ll order some online. You are correct in taking pictures in proper light, the pictures I just posted are under the grow light and it’s deceiving because I’m not seeing yellowing when I turn off the veg/bloom switch. Do you think it will be safe for me to feed with a weak solution next watering or do you think I should hold off till they are 3 weeks of age. This Friday is 3 weeks from breaking ground

Yeah, they still look alright, a bit more yellow in the previous pics for sure! I would say keep your nutrient levels the same, and add the right dosage of cal mag per volume of water. If you have to order the cal mag and need to feed the plants before you get it. Then yeah sure, bump up you nutes a bit, and then next feeding after that one. Add cal mag in with the same amount as used in feeding prior to this (if the plant handled the last feeding well) does that make sense? :hmmmm: I think I confused my self! Hahah

Also after looking at the plants again, you are indeed correct. Looking closely I noticed slight yellowing in the leafs. Not towards the edges more towards the centre, I then looked at an identification chart and it seems to coincide with what you said early stages of magnesium and/or calcium deficiency. Would I be correct in saying it could be caused by watering with RO water?

I just use my tap water, buying RO water to me, is just another expense. It’s needed for certain things yes, but I haven’t had any need for it. It shouldn’t be the culprit though, I’m thinking their just demanding more food then they have been given. Which isn’t a big deal, if it’s caught and fixed early. If a person lets it go too far without treating it, then you may run into long term problems, and or plant dying. Just bump up those nutes a bit and hit them with cal mag, they shouldn’t skip a beat!

remember, if you try new things in the feeding regime, allow a certain amount of time for the plant to react to said change before you try something else. If you try too many things at once, and the plant starts showing signs of something, you won’t know what caused what. Keeping it simple is always best. :thumb:

Thanks again, reason for the RO water is because I’m on hard water with a water softener. Since I buy RO water for the house and have the Culligan jugs anyway might aswell. It’s like $5 for 5 Gallon at Canadian Tire. PPM on the RO jugs is at 8 in comparison to from my tap ppm is just shy of 500 softened.

CaliMagic should be here tomorrow, but like backlipslide said I’m leaning towards them starving for nutrients slight yellowing starting from the middle and redish stems on lower leafs. Nitrogen deficiency is where I’m leaning.
I just mixed up some nutrients
1ml micro
0.5ml grow
0.5ml bloom
in 4L of water
Ph’d to 6
PPM is 200

then after CaliMagic comes in I’ll add that on the next watering.

sound okay?

Back
Top Bottom