Charly's 4th Grow - G13 Haze Soctober 2011

Officially one week since the girls were put into flower. The pistils were evident after only a couple of days. Originally, I was going to put them into flower at the end of the fifth week and started decreasing the amount of light by about an hour a day.

Toward the end of that week, I decided they were still fairly small so I switched back to 18 hours a day and let them go the full six weeks. I think that's why they started to flower so early.

Anyway, just want to say,

It's a Girl !!!

Its_A_Girl.jpg

Nearing the end of the second week of flowering. I've been trimming the plants steadily so that some of the lower shoots can grow.

Here's a picture of one of the trimmed ladies.

Latest Haircut

Trimmed6.jpg

It's hard to keep the various shoots the same size, so I've been thinking of using a hedge trimmer to give them a flattop!

Anyway, here's the latest pcture of my

Hedge Fund

HedgeFund.jpg

Cheers and Peace Out!

Here are the latest photos. It's the end of the second week of flowering. I've trimmed the crop quite a bit. Here's a picture:

After Pruning

PrunedBack.jpg

I've been experimenting with the light. I'm using HPS for the first four weeks of flowering before I switch to MH for the final six weeks.

Height is getting to be a bit of a problem. I have about 8 inches of ceiling height left. I'm going to start tying down the tops.

With all the pruning, I'm going for a SOG type of look. Here's the results so far:

Sea of Green

SeaOfGreen.jpg

amazing :D im in for sure! everything looks awesome :peace:

Thanks for checking in, Pooh!

Just finished the third week of flowering!

I've been trimming the fan leaves and here is the latest haul:

Rakin' the Leaves

RakinTheLeaves.jpg

Yesterday, I saw some trichomes forming on my ladies and I was kinda surprised. I thought trichomes wouldn't form until much later. I've only grown Indica genotypes before, but this is my first Sativa grow.

I have been using HPS and will switch to MH next week. I wonder if this is the reason for the trichomes forming so early or is it that Sativa genotypes present their trichomes earlier than Indica genotypes or are my plants just a bit weird?

Anybody have any ideas? Is this normal?

(Twelve12, I know you're an expert grower and if you're listening in, what do you make of this?)

Here are some pictures of the trichomes.

Trichomes!!!

Trichomes5.jpg

Trichomes Two

TrichomesTwo.jpg

Trichomes Three

TrichomesThree.jpg

very nice! i think i am about a week ahead of you in my grow. i know its not that good for my plant stress wise but ill be damned if i havent really been pruning her almost every day, not like majorly every day but definitely as i see a shaded bud. my grow wont be fully over for probably 8 weeks though because of my clone but i think that the momma plant has about 6 weeks left maybe a bit more. thanks for coming by my journal it was a nice surprise to learn the name of the chord i been strumming for months now :D :peace:

Officially one week since the girls were put into flower. The pistils were evident after only a couple of days. Originally, I was going to put them into flower at the end of the fifth week and started decreasing the amount of light by about an hour a day.

Toward the end of that week, I decided they were still fairly small so I switched back to 18 hours a day and let them go the full six weeks. I think that's why they started to flower so early.

Anyway, just want to say,

It's a Girl !!!

Its_A_Girl.jpg

nice grow so far! I like what you got going on... just for educational purposes, in this pic above, I tried really hard to see what you were calling female pistils, but the only thing I see in this pic is something called a stipule. that tiny little green hair like piece growing off the side of that node! that is actually not a sign of being female, this "stipule " is found on all plants, male, female, and hermie alike.. although from your next set of pics we deff see its a female. from that one pic above though, I didnt see any hiars, I might just be too tires, but all i saw were those green stipules. and that might not be the proper spelling, (I suck at spelling,) but those are indeed stipules.

preprodigy is correct brotha, i was going to say something earlier but someone came knockin at my door and i forgot all about it, I thought that was my preflowers also on my very first attempt (that turned out male)
its confusing when those pop out but the pistils you are looking for are always unmistakeable so you will know! they look like little white hairs and they usually are wavey/curly, not so straight as the ones you pointed out. as you can see by looking at her now. :peace:

Thanks, Pooh and preprodigy, for pointing out the sipules. I didn't realize that both male and female plants had them. But of course, you're right, they did turn out to be female. Not surprising, as they are feminized seeds.

I really like these plants. They are the easiest I've ever grown. I'd like to clone them near the end of flowering if possible. I only have the one grow system, so I have to wait until near harvest before i can try to clone them.

Pooh, you're growing clones right? I've never tried cloning before, so I hope it's not too hard. Are you supposed to clone from vegetating plants or can you use a plant near the end of flowering?

Anyway, I'm still trimming the girls but not as much. They seem to be more into flowering than growing more huge fan leaves.

I was also fimming the tops of all the nodes, but stopped about a week ago. The girls are starting to fill in the internode spaces with buds, so any more fimming would be counterproductive.

Things look pretty much the same as my last post. I'll put up some more pictures in a couple of days.

you can clone a flowering plant towards the beginning of flowering but cloning at the end wouldnt work i dont think plus if you take a clone that already has pretty much mature buds, its not gonna be very relevent and i dont think it will even root.
the usual is to take a clone in late veg
or when you know you have a female but when you take a clone from flowering, it takes time to switch back to veg and start growing like that again.
i took mine when i knew i had a female, and since i only have one grow room/set up, i am just flowering it right now. its still in veg it seems like but it will show preflower soon and its already been growing alot for me.
hope i helpped buddy,
i got the whole idea of flowering a clone as soon as it roots from 420fied, i didnt know it would work like that till i looked at his journals.
i wont get nothing near as good as his though he had nutes and 1200w lighting lol.
:peace:

Thanks, Pooh!

I've been reading a bit about cloning, and besides it being hard to clone near the end of flowering, it could cause considerable stress leading to hermaphroditism.

The reason I wanted to wait until the end was because I only have the one grow room. But if I take a clone of two now, I could use it to grow a mother, couldn't I? When I'm ready to grow a new crop I could take clones off the mother, right? The mother could be grown under fluorescent lights and if it's a bit ratty and straggly, I guess that doesn't matter as long as the kids get put under HPS when after they grow roots.

Am I on the right track? My crop is three and a half weeks into flowering. If I take a cutting or two now, will it still work?

Anybody out there with experience, please chime in. I need to do this sooner rather than later.

brother i would just go for it, take two of the smalles branches and cut them down to a comfortable length like i did with my clone and clone it how ever you choose to clone it, i used a rooting hormone and stuck it in soil, and it took around 2 weeks to pop some roots. if you took one clone and made it a mother, you could keep it under flouro, and just tie it when it gets too tall and it would become a mega bush to cut clones for any time you would like!
hope i helpped!

and if you chose to do it like 420fied or even thatoneguyy, you could take multiple clones and flower them from the time they root. that would be good for a sog of like 10 clones.
thats what i would do but i dont think i will do that for a while, i want to get ahold of a good strain and stuff before i do any sog

ATTACK OF THE CLONES!!!

Thanks for the quick response, Pooh! You're right, I'm going to take your advice. After all, what do I have to lose? If it doesn't work, I haven't really lost anything.

I don't have any Clonex or any fancy cloning equipment - I'm just going with dirt, light and water.

Here are some pictures of my high tech cloning system (Patent Pending)!

High Tech Cloning Chamber

CloneSystem1.jpg

Current Residents of Cloning Chamber

CloneSystem2.jpg

High Tech Humidity Envelope (Plastic Bag)

CloneSystem3.jpg

I also took some pictures of the flowers. They came out really well. Probably the last time I'll be able to post such nice pictures as I'm switching to MH and pictures under MH always come out weird.

If you remember the '60's (if you did you weren't really there!), there was a slogan called "Flower Power." Here's how it got its name.

FLOWER POWER ONE

FlowerPower1.jpg

FLOWER POWER TWO

FlowerPower2.jpg

FLOWER POWER THREEE

FlowerPower3.jpg

FLOWER POWER FOUR

FlowerPower4.jpg

That's it until next time. Keeping my fingers crossed hoping the clones root.

on those clones man 24 hour light, constant humidity, and keep them warm and youll do golden!
rooting hormone is debatable anyway, people have just as much luck without it as with it. i use it just for reassurance. and cause i got it free LOL
looks awesome man! cant wait to see your harvest and come smoke with ya lol
hell yeah smokin and playin some music and watching your clones flower like paint drying. cool? Haha!

:thumb: hey man also, those clones flowering from the time you root them, dont expect a huge harvest out of them like the plants you got them from. the yeild will be way smaller but thats why i say its good for a sog, you could have like 50 flowering clones under like a 400w if you wanted to. its quick and awesome for personal harvests. IMO anyway. :peace:

also you will know when those clones have roots when they start kind of spiralling, then they will grow at a regular soon

Thanks for the reply, Pooh!

I've been misting the inside of the "containment envelope" pretty steadily.

When the HPS is on in my grow room, I move the clones in there. When it's off, I put them under a 150W equivalent fluorescent bulb. 24 hours of light.

These are incredibly hardy plants, so I'm hopeful at least one clone will make it. I'm not too worried about if the clones would be high producers. All I want is a mother plant that I can use to make clones when I'm ready to start my next grow.

In other words, my next crop would be the clone of a clone. Since they would have the same genetics, I shouldn't have any problem with yield.

By the way, I was hoping there would be some sign that would show if they were rooting. I'm not quite sure what you mean by spiralling. Will the stem start twisting?

Back
Top Bottom