Chef De Green Does It All: Reveg, Clones, Autos & Photos

Mine won't be anything fancy. I already own a 24' pontoon boat and a very nice tandem axle trailer. It has an 80s model 70hp motor that I have just started tearing down to rebuild it. I know an old guy who is retired now but in his day nobody did nicer aluminum welding then he did. He made a living fixing pontoon boats and boat trailers. But one of his special skill is building pontoon logs to match those on an existing pontoon boat. I contacted him last week and asked him if he had just one more pontoon log in him and he just laughed and said bring your boat by on the trailer and I'll get you fixed up. It will cost me right at $1,000 for him to build me a matching log and to weld it in place in the center of the boat giving me a tri-toon. That third log adds about 50% more capacity to the boat.

When I get it back from him in about a month I should have the 70hp Johnson rebuilt and ready to mount onto the new log. I forgot to mention he also builds the motor mount on the rear of the log he'll build. Once that's all done I can get to work building my 12' x 8' cabin. It will have 2.5" of spray foam in the floor, and walls and 3" in the ceiling. Where I live that should be more then enough to make that tiny shanty easy to heat. Considering a trap door inside so I don't even have to go outside to jig on extra cold days.

My uncle worked sheet metal and got a semi load of Styrofoam panels from an old commercial freezer. He glued panels together for the logs and floor and painted it all with aluminum paint. Most stable pontoon I’ve ever been on.

I'm building it to take to lakes within 4-5 hours from me. I would expect to stay at a lake for 6-7 days using the pontoon cabin as my base camp if you will. I would find a nice spot on the lake and drop anchor. From there I hop into my little fishing boat and see if I could find something to fry up for supper. Nice part is that after a day of fishing and I'm tired I don't have to pull my boat out of the water and drive to a hotel to spend the night (and drop $70) I just drive to the pontoon boat and I'm home. It is a little investment up front buying the pontoon boat and the cost to build the small cabin on it etc. But if a hotel was even just $50 a night and I spent 6 nights that week alone I save $300 so it will pay for itself pretty quickly. And I have a few guys asking if I would be interested in renting it out in the summer for a week or two at a time.

Wow sounds like you are getting your boat or pontoon all set up. My dad lived on Lake Cumberland for awhile and his girlfriend had a Pontoon boat that had a Killer interior , Better then A Lot of homes.

Alright, update time.

today was day 34 for the Terple. She looks pretty good still, but she dried out too much one day and lost a good bit more foliage. I’ve been keeping up on top dressing, so I think that’s been good. I definitely feel I need to be a lot more scheduled in how I water my flowering plants. i also want to start leaving 3-4 inches empty in the pot and use a mulch like wood chips or straw. It will make top dressing and pot moisture a lot more manageable.

Alright, update time.

today was day 34 for the Terple. She looks pretty good still, but she dried out too much one day and lost a good bit more foliage. I’ve been keeping up on top dressing, so I think that’s been good. I definitely feel I need to be a lot more scheduled in how I water my flowering plants. i also want to start leaving 3-4 inches empty in the pot and use a mulch like wood chips or straw. It will make top dressing and pot moisture a lot more manageable.

Since I've put bark down my ladies like me more. They do seem to make better roots up high.

@stoneotter Careful with bark though. Bark contains wax and wax can cause issues... like suffocating the microbes and the roots. It’s more of a concern in plastic than fabric, but definitely something to be aware of

Well I’m about half way through... it’s got a very interesting flavor, like lemon in the front and coffee in the back... but they sort of mingle into what I would describe as a cologne sort of flavor. There’s something else I want to call it, but I can’t think of it. The aroma is sharp fuel, but It has a chocolatey-coffeesque base. And the high is super powerful, whoa. Took a second to kick in. It’s like, a very heady stone. A little bit of body, not too much. It’s hard in the diesel genes. I can tell because of the severity of the change. It has that fuel-y “oh,shit I’m blasted” -ness that the Xanadu just doesn’t have, for example. My last Xanadu was probably nearly a Bubba s1, and the effects are super relaxing and fun. It’s kind of Xanax-y even.. but it’s quite different than this sour bubba. this smoke is far more akin to the cookies and chem; which causes panic attacks in some people.

I love this bud. It’s totally me. I like the scaries and the too much’s. And because it’s organic, it will stay that way for some time.

Now we wait for the 1 month in jar test.

Also the Terple is taking on a very odd scent. It smells sort of like roasted turkey. I shit you not. But after a few minutes on your fingers it goes back to grapefruit

@stoneotter Careful with bark though. Bark contains wax and wax can cause issues... like suffocating the microbes and the roots. It’s more of a concern in plastic than fabric, but definitely something to be aware of
Interesting Chef, I was told to stay away from certain ones like cedar, and that pine was good. Waxes huh? I'll keep that in mind if crazy things happen without answers. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom