Chef & His Wife's First Grow - Organic Super Soil - Strain Unknown

nice work so bro plants look really nice. your wife did do a great job with the LST and you said maybe 30 colas DAM!!!!:goodjob:

Thanx man we appreciate that. And my wife has been a huge help the whole time. I work like 65hrs a week.

And yea 30. But that is real rough count. #5 is the largest and has 12 new growth shoots that are really taking on the look of a main stem new growth.

Number two the second largest has 9. So I assume #1 prob has like 7 or 8.

Just make sure to keep all those tops at the same level! Itll pay off in the end :)

Will do. I have a lot of ideas on how to do this.we built the grow box out of two cardboard boxes. And because of that I built in framing from round wooden dowels so it stays together but is easily broken down. I will take some pics explaining a lil.

And well we have been shooting around.d some ideas on using that during flower if we have to.

So the final count is in... 30, potentially, cola growths.

Here is a little eye candy for you from tonite. Just moved some fan leaves out of the way of the new growth.

Order is #1, #2 & #5

20150407_000701.jpg
20150407_000431.jpg
20150406_235911.jpg

i washed some buds recently, smokes easier and doesnt clog the throat, flavors of the bud are more clear without all the dirt and the ash is a nice white clean burner.

definitely recommend it :thumb:

Last harvest was washed buds and I will tell you I will never harvest again without washing! The taste, aroma, and smoke is so much better. You will be surprised at the water what you wash off the buds. Even in a triple filtered room I still get dust and dirt off my buds!

I use 5 gallon buckets and do first one with warm baking soda and lemon juice water, the next warm rinse, the next cold rinse. Works perfect!

If you leave one cola out from being washed, once you smoke some you will give that one to a friend :laughtwo::cheesygrinsmiley:
(its what I did) =)

Yea that is exactly what everyone on the bud washing forum said. The comments and reviews were so consistant and seemed to make an overwhelmingly amount of common sense we already know that is the way we are going when we harvest.

On another note I have thoroughly enjoyed and we are still enjoying this experience but we are so very anxious to taste our own buds! Not trying to wish time away but we can't help but be excited.

Completely understand surf! I will tell you i counted the minutes on my very first grow... After that everythings just a breeze. My LSD grow (3rd grow) I opened the door one day and was like Ohhhh they look almost finished lol... I just water and feed and BAM!

First time mistake is always being to impatient. You will harvest to early lol... Its a fact. But after a few you will understand how to read the plants and once you actually let one finish and go all the way you will see the difference =) Good luck!

Also I wanted to add. I know you are just starting out and i started with CFL's as well. Just to give you some pointers. The MAIN thing in growing cannabis is LIGHT. Dont measure your CFL's by the equivalent wattage but measure it by the actual draw wattage. Example: a 100 equivalent light is only usually 23 watts actual. Always talk the actual wattage number so you can get a accurate figure. Always remember you will NEVER get more than 1 gram of medicine per 1 actual wattage of light. Most CFL grows are around .5 grams per 1 watt used. Once you get the hang of things if you enjoy it you will want to start upgrading things. Ive been doing it almost a year and im still upgrading and changing things.

Oh yea and if you have the light of course everything else plays a big part in achieving that 1 gram per watt. =)

Come check out and sub on my current white rhino and afghan thread!

Forget about gram/watt and just learn to grow first. There are alot more important things than gram/watt. You wont get close to any real decent numbers with cfls unless you have many of them. Your best bet is either HID or LED for good numbers. Get a few grows down and then start concentrating on getting better numbers :)

The wattage per gram is how much you have during flower. Now you say you have 4 100 watt's is that actual watts? Also keep in mind that for CFL's more smaller watts are better than one big wattage bulb. If you have 4 100 watts you will know that you will never get more than 400 grams per watt but every condition would have to be perfect to achieve that and then still you probably would not reach it. For CFL's i would guess a quarter of what the wattage you put in so 100 grams for 400 watts of CFL's is a good respectable number! I ran around 22 bulbs at 26 watts each of CFL's. It worked pretty good and i got around a quarter of bulb wattage.

Like scrubby said to reach those 1 gram per watt you have to step up to the HPS or LED. Light is very important!

And we are more focused on getting the grow right before doing a bunch of crazy stuff but that is a curious fact.

And for flower we have 4 100(actual)watt cfls we are planning on using. Total lumens are 10400 when we do the flip. Ideally in our grow area we really should have only one maybe two plants growing so I am definitely not trying to change the lighting until we move and have more space to commit to the grow. We don't live in a MMJ friendly state. So with that being said our priority is dialing in a consistent grow but right after that is security. We can't just show a card and say I can legally grow these. Well not yet anyway.

Oh, Chef...you want higher spectrum numbers when you flip to flower bro. 6400k is more on the red side. You can do 2 and 2...2 2700 and 2 6400 :)

Scrubby, Im not for sure what you mean by your post but if im reading it right you are backwards on your data...

Surfinchef, let me explain and give you advice.

For Veg: You want a more "cool" light which is more in the blue spectrum. I run 6500k spectrum for vegging. You can throw one of the 2700k just to cover the spectrum but its not needed...

For Flowering: You want more of a "warm" light spectrum which is usually more in the red spectrum and is usually around 2700k spectrum. Here again you can throw in one or two of the 6500k bulbs if you want but its not needed. If i had a choice with only 4 light sockets and had 4 - 100 watt 2700k bulbs I would run all 2700k and not supplement one of those sockets for a lower wattage 6500k if that makes sense. Run what you have with the highest wattage since you are limited on sockets. Flowering 2700k or around there is the desired spectrum for flowering. Like my HPS if this chart has the correct HPS data they are around 2200k.

colorchart2.jpg

Scrubby, Im not for sure what you mean by your post but if im reading it right you are backwards on your data...

Surfinchef, let me explain and give you advice.

For Veg: You want a more "cool" light which is more in the blue spectrum. I run 6500k spectrum for vegging. You can throw one of the 2700k just to cover the spectrum but its not needed...

For Flowering: You want more of a "warm" light spectrum which is usually more in the red spectrum and is usually around 2700k spectrum. Here again you can throw in one or two of the 6500k bulbs if you want but its not needed. If i had a choice with only 4 light sockets and had 4 - 100 watt 2700k bulbs I would run all 2700k and not supplement one of those sockets for a lower wattage 6500k if that makes sense. Run what you have with the highest wattage since you are limited on sockets. Flowering 2700k or around there is the desired spectrum for flowering. Like my HPS if this chart has the correct HPS data they are around 2200k.

colorchart2.jpg

Yea this I already knew.

In total I have three lamps and a total of 5 "split" socket adapters. So if needed I could run 6 of my 100w - 2700k lights. I wasn't planning on using all of that unless I need to. But when building our grow box I researched and knew that I probably wouldn't need all of that but was planning ahead just in case. 100w cfls do put out a decent amount of heat and I do have preparations to handle any extra heat during flower.

Also I know that with our sq. footage I should have around 16000 lumens. But with the 4 100 watt bulbs I have I will only have about 10400 linens. But if only one of my plants are a female that about all I need and would be a great setup for our first grow. But we have extra lights and lamps just in case there has to be a change in plans.

Well its that time. Its time for an update.

So as of today I have only been tucking fan leaves. Wanted to water the plants today so tomorrow I can do some more actual training of the new growths.

Today is day 4 of week 4 in the veg cycle. Plants 1 & 2 are 46 days old and plant #5 is 45 days old.

The tops of all plants are doing very well and so are all the new growths. They all seem to be convinced they are all main stems. The new growths have even developed nodes and their own fan leaves.

And I have a terrible camera on my phone so you probably can't tell but all of that green in the middle of each plant is all new growth as I have bent the large fan leaves out of their way to grow.

THERE ARE SO MANY TOPS! I love it!

Now for the pictures you've been waiting for!

The trio...

IMG_20150409_201948.jpg

#2...

IMG_20150409_201009.jpg

#1...

IMG_20150409_201315.jpg

#5...

IMG_20150409_200751.jpg

Back
Top Bottom