Clones wilting and can't figure out why!

grassguy1

Hey guys, first time grower and cloner here. I cloned my plants about 3 weeks ago and the roots became visible just over a week ago. I removed the humidifying dome after a week and they were kept on a heating mat which was removed recently. They're also under a 45w led.
I had a mildew situation last week and had to remove 2 of the clones, sprayed the rockwools with hydrogen peroxide for the rest and kept them near a light fan for a few days to prevent the mildew from spreading.
The mildew didn't show up but there was an underwatering situation 3-4 days ago and over half the clones have been wilting since then.
I water them with clonex nutrient solution(these days twice a day cause they've been getting dry more often.) and removed the fan to prevent extra loss of humidity but haven't seen any changes.

Any thoughts, ideas would be appreciated.

Here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_222023533.jpg
    IMG_20180920_222023533.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20180920_222052463.jpg
    IMG_20180920_222052463.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20180920_222116799.jpg
    IMG_20180920_222116799.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 143
Yeah,those are gone.
Have you ever heard about rapid rooter cubes?
They are perfect for germination and cloning.
Much better then rockwool.
Where do you think the mildew could have come from?
You need to get control of that before you try cloning again.
Good luck.

I agree they are goners looks like then wetness wicked the off you have to be really careful with rock wool it holds 20x it’s weight in water. You want them just moist. If you can shake them and water splashes it’s to wet. I switched from rock wool to rapid rooter plugs. So far so good. I’ve lost a number of seeds and cuttings from to wet of cubes. Also that’s where the mildew comes from wet and warm. = rot

I agree they are goners looks like then wetness wicked the off you have to be really careful with rock wool it holds 20x it’s weight in water. You want them just moist. If you can shake them and water splashes it’s to wet. I switched from rock wool to rapid rooter plugs. So far so good. I’ve lost a number of seeds and cuttings from to wet of cubes. Also that’s where the mildew comes from wet and warm. = rot
I love the rapid rooters.
I have gotten a huge success rate both in germination and cloning since I've been using them.

Back
Top Bottom