Closet Grow With QB

do the hydroton balls actually bring water up into the soil to feed the roots that are in the pot?

I'm thinking not much, if any. I don't know why this didn't occur to me until I'd filled the pot and begun feeding. I'm half tempted to switch to top feeding those.

I don't know where they came from but I got springtails in my diy octopot reservoirs (three of them!)

20190326_214214.jpg

These guys wiggle and hop on the water surface, this was a factor in distinguishing them from thrips. There's debate on whether Springtails are harmful or beneficial (they eat dead plant matter) but even if not harmful, I don't care for an infestation

20190326_214416.jpg

Gunky roots gave them plenty of food - I cut them off.

20190326_214242.jpg

These are the offending parties. Only 2 are using hydroton so I don't think that caused it...
IMG_20190327_221123.jpg

For initial treatment, I dumped a gallon of water with a drop of detergent through each one followed by a gallon with hydroguard and flying squirrel z7 (all I have in stock right now) Tonight I'll pick up h2o2 and something enzymatic for further treatment.

LSD clone seems to have handled it well, so far

IMG_20190328_063551.jpg

And SBS looks good too

IMG_20190328_063555.jpg

Shiatsu Kush was pulled from the flower tent and had the most contamination. She's not happy but looks only a bit worse than before the discovery. I think I can save her

IMG_20190328_063600.jpg

The totes were completely cleaned as well as the closet. It's been a pita but as far as pests go, this one's not nearly as bad as many other horrors.

all the original pot roots dried out and dead?

I think you're right and it's likely why Shiatsu Kush looks sad. I'm going to cut her wick off and set her on a rack for top feeding. Could be the best way to save her. I'll do both this way (there are 2 with hydroton) Now I know.

What do you think about using a 1 gallon smart pot as the wick? With coco.

I think you're right and it's likely why Shiatsu Kush looks sad. I'm going to cut her wick off and set her on a rack for top feeding. Could be the best way to save her. I'll do both this way (there are 2 with hydroton) Now I know.

What do you think about using a 1 gallon smart pot as the wick? With coco.
Any reason not to use soil? I don't know the wicking action of coco personally.
Was post #186 a computer glitch?

Back
Top Bottom