Cold climate eg Scotland

helicopters cant see through you roof...

your house would all be the same on camera... you have insulation
The infrared camera can see the heat coming through your roof. Hot spots show up quite well particularly against cool exterior surfaces.

edit. because I don't f around. here is an example.
View media item 1740994

The infrared camera can see the heat coming through your roof. Hot spots show up quite well particularly against cool exterior surfaces.

View media item 1740994
you are talking a commercial grow op, probably in cali

1578019374444.png

here we have insulation :)

They have those nice insulation panels with reflective heat tape or some crap that may work. To add to it. @Preston9mm might have used that in his attic grow. Using LEDs would help but might not be warm enough. CMH is a nice happy medium.

The shed would have the same issue, but also be open to prying eyes and noses, and potential thieves.
Definitely ways to avoid heat signature from above when growing in an attic space. The key is to build your room to have free airspace on all sides, so the attic temp never rises. Build your room with standard "2x4" wall studs and insulate with rolls of batten insulation.

You'll want to have an "R value" of at least 30 on the overall insulation. Plastic poly wrap is also great to wrap your new space. It will create a vapor barrier and add to your insulation.

I'm always around if you have questions.

I've built a few attic spaces now.
:thumb:

View media item 1740994
and I bet that house had so many lights in it, it glowed at night, no ac, sealed rooms because of the co2

not the same as one light under the truss, and insulation

One option is to set up your light in the attic. Let it run for a few days. Go out on a cool night and check for yourself. There are some weak phone apps for infrared that could give you a ballpark. You can also rent more sophisticated equipment. I know flood restoration companies have some nice handhelds. Give it a look with that equipment and it can help ease the mind.

preferably from height. Not much help looking at the roof from the ground. Not many helicopters are going to look at your room from the road.

They have those nice insulation panels with reflective heat tape or some crap that may work. To add to it. @Preston9mm might have used that in his attic grow. Using LEDs would help but might not be warm enough. CMH is a nice happy medium.

The shed would have the same issue, but also be open to prying eyes and noses, and potential thieves.
Yep prying eyes n noses not good, my loft is insulated but its on top of the ceiling so actual loft space above is more or less same temp as outside so probably have to insulate between roof trusses anyway, how many plants could i grow up my very small loft

Yep prying eyes n noses not good, my loft is insulated but its on top of the ceiling so actual loft space above is more or less same temp as outside so probably have to insulate between roof trusses anyway, how many plants could i grow up my very small loft
IMG_20200102_075358_527.jpg
2020-01-01-21-35-10.jpg

Here's my 2 spaces.... you'd be surprised what will fit.
:thumb:

I bet his house is done with r50 in the roof and
additional things to consider

Where you will get you water from
where you will get your power from if the circuits arent big enough

Looks just what I need m8 ty I'm a joiner so building that wouldn't be a problem only thing would be access for daily watering etc rented property so cant butcher anywhere I'd like too
ohhh a rental,
use a tent

As for strains, tell us a little about what effects and yields you would like and we could suggest some strains that could deliver with your constraints.
I.e. do you wants lots and lots of bedtime meds or a modest crop of daytime active meds, etc.
Big stealth component and purchase that will keep you away from the jailer is a nice carbon filter setup.

As for strains, tell us a little about what effects and yields you would like and we could suggest some strains that could deliver with your constraints.
I.e. do you wants lots and lots of bedtime meds or a modest crop of daytime active meds, etc.
Big stealth component and purchase that will keep you away from the jailer is a nice carbon filter setup.
Tbh m8 I love a puff for past 35 years I'm 53 btw, but I'm getting a fury edge vape delivered tomorrow I hope, n I seriously have to quit smoking but love my weed toooo much to give that up as well so top it off need lots to vape with I think

Tbh m8 I love a puff for past 35 years I'm 53 btw, but I'm getting a fury edge vape delivered tomorrow I hope, n I seriously have to quit smoking but love my weed toooo much to give that up as well so top it off need lots to vape with I think
Carbon filters a must then, fed up paying for it now so always wanted to try n grow a plant so put my foot down and the mrs. has finally given in

Back
Top Bottom