Colesdad - Popping My Cherry 2.0 - Growing In Dirt - No Nutes!

The light is 22in from the top of the plant. I've taken the little humidity dome off, turned the fan on and turned on the humidifier. I've officially gone from germination mode, to full on grow mode!

I suggest moving it to 12" away. if you get a stretchy plant it's going to be difficult to deal with. on top of that the plant will like the warmth from the light. at 22" away you're going to get low potential out of the light.

I suggest moving it to 12" away. if you get a stretchy plant it's going to be difficult to deal with. on top of that the plant will like the warmth from the light. at 22" away you're going to get low potential out of the light.

Yeah. These are hard working times monitoring a new seedling. This last grow Grace started 20+" from the light and began stretching. On the other hand, you don't want a lot of stress on her.

Try lowering the light some until you see how she's going to respond (warmth is always key too. always)

I had some issues with the combination of my own over watering problem (I have definitely learned my lesson there!) combined with the fact LEDs don't dry the soil out nearly as fast as other lights...Just an example of a heat/warmth issue...

:peace:

Checked her this morning. A balmy 77 degrees. However, humidity 77 percent. Stupid Colesdad, check the setting after you turn the cow on. She is not as upright this morning, but the air was as thick as a Carolina summer night. Moved the light to 12inches. Turned humidifier off.

In case you were wondering about the cow. Here is my manly humidifier
CAM00493.jpg

Yeah....C'dad....all sorts of strange thoughts come to mind with that picture. Why is it smiling? What does it know that we don't? But we won't go there.....that's an udder story.

Update

Dead... I tried, but it just wasn't meant to be. I've got some more bag seeds that will be here tomorrow. I'm going to do the same thing, drop them in water until they sink then straight into the Ideal soil.

See y'all in a few days! :)

how the hell? she was very pale, but I thought she was going to make it.

Me too! This morning she doesn't look so good. Barely green. Around 10pm (eastern) I looked again, completely brown, entire top was crunchy, steam brown and root was no longer pale yellow. Really, really sucks

you should place the seed cracked end up and about 1/4" deep. healthy seeds actually flip themselves upright no matter which way they get into the ground.

95389-034-4B5C4DBC.jpg

You might want to wait to put it in soil until it shows it's taproot so you can make sure you plant her root down.
Thanks shadow. Your girl under the scrog is freaking awesome dude! I'm going to try for three plants. But I'll do two following their instructions and probably wait for the root on the third on and see what happens.
you should place the seed cracked end up and about 1/4" deep. healthy seeds actually flip themselves upright no matter which way they get into the ground.

95389-034-4B5C4DBC.jpg
I never knew that. I guess even at my age, you learn something new everyday! Thanks b

Not being a green thumb I hardly have the cred to weigh in, but I've always heard that with any plant, seeds right themselves in the soil. Now, if you're getting more than one bag seed you can surely relax a little....maybe.

Germinate, plant, don't touch, wait. Then wait more.

My very first grow that I had to scrub I did the old school plan of germinate and plant a bunch towards keeping the two healthiest plants (free bag seed). I germinated/planted 6 (six) and two came up healthy and green growing...then I had to leave town for about a month so....yeah...Second grow (first journal here) I germinated a bunch and got one healthy green and growing sprout.

I don't want to start a debate, but, the instructions that came with my first LED said keep the light 30" from seedlings and new sprouts. I did that and thought that's way too high, never gonna work. So, started my last grow with the LED about 25" from the sprout. Things were looking good but then Grace began to stretch a lot, so I got the light a little closer...but not 12" close.

It sucks hard being a NoOb because we have a damn learning curve at EVERY STEP of the growing process. Everyone has some troubles during a grow, but at least after a couple or so we'll get the hang of what works best for us and for the equipment we have. There are so many different LEDs out there now that what works under my brand of LED may not work for your brand because they're different, but you'll find your sweet spot. I didn't know how much work it was gonna be...this cannabis cultivation...but I am in love with my new "hobby" as my roommate calls it

Thank the heavens above the 420 community (b.real to put a name to one :cheesygrinsmiley:) are actually helping us LOL

I believe if I lost the internet, at this point in time, I could hold my own...but maybe I'm wrong...(???)

:peace:

In case you were wondering about the cow. Here is my manly humidifier
CAM00493.jpg

Yeah....C'dad....all sorts of strange thoughts come to mind with that picture. Why is it smiling? What does it know that we don't? But we won't go there.....that's an udder story.

:rofl:

This is the BEST photo I have EVER seen on 420! Didn't I say that before???

:cheesygrinsmiley:

:rofl:

This is the BEST photo I have EVER seen on 420! Didn't I say that before???

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah! When I was posting this pic I thought of you and how much you enjoyed it the first time!

This is THE best cannibis community on the Web. People are quick to give advice, but will never bash you for how YOU decide to do it. It's great when you have a question and you get 3 or 4 different responses.

I value shadows response because he is successful at using this soil, and has always taken time to answer my questions.
I value b's also because he is the 12/12 master and has answered SO many questions via PM.
Catman.... You are a couple steps ahead of me in this "hobby". By following your journals it is obvious the passion you have for growing and the expirence you have gained is invaluable, thus, your input is equally respected.

Good vibes sent your way fellow 420er's!

Smoking cannibis isn't addictive, growing it is....

Back
Top Bottom