Convince the wife of a good idea

Imnogre

Hi folks I have been lurking around here for a few months enjoying the grow journals that are very inspirational & I dream the 1 day I would be able to add my own to the list. You see I work in a job were I am required to stand & walk constantly in a fairly confined space ( 90 min on 30 min off ) all day for the last 12 years. This has left me with the beginning of some arthritic pain & tendon / muscle damage according to my doctor. He gives me some exercises & stretches to do & they help greatly but I still suffer pain especsially at the end of the day & the end of my week I get 4 or 5 hours sleep a night usually. BUT !!! when I smoke a joint ( usually when the kids at school & the wifes at work on my day off ) I get a full nights sleep easy & it seems I don't have to smoke it just before going to bed or anything.
On to my problem. If my wife ever found out that I smoke first she would call the cops then the divorce lawyer. I am asking for suggestions on how to get her to see the other side of the argument here. I tried talking to her about the benifits a smoke now and again would have for me if I ever did try it. tried getting her to watch some of the great videos on the subject. But she just WILL NOT budge on this.

any suggestions would be helpfull
Ogre

first off i'd like to say welcome to the board...as you've already read there are some amazing growers here. you can learn tons. On the wife issue, man thats a tough one...I'd just keep trying to ease her into it and smoke on the side. But i'm no married and thats just my opinion, take it as you will.
peace man

does your wife not care about you? if she does she would at the very least be open minded enough to listen to your explanation on the benefits of marijuana for you.....come at her with an educated approach, read lots of articles online and save them to use as backup when the discussion happens.....its going to be hard for her ot be open minded some people just cant get past the reefer madness era

Welcome to the 420 boards.

why is your wife so opposed to marijuana? it would be easier to offer advice if you could be more specific. my wife was anti-pot when we first married 30 years ago. she changed. now shes concerned if she thinks i might run low on stash because she understands how it improves the quality of my life. her reason for being against it was because of an h addicted first husband who abused her until it killed him and also because of her religious beliefs. i feel for ya bro. its hard when the one you love doesn't understand.

High Imnogre and welcome to 420 magazine ,
I have been married for 25 years and my wife still has a hard time accepting that I grow but educating her has let me have another room for growing :yummy: . I only do marijuana My defense for marijuana is what all the pain killers and the booze do to the human body . I have been toking over 35 years and I will die with ganja :ganjamon: in hand , and just be patient with you're wife and don't throw everything at her at once . Be safe & :peace:

im not married nor in any form to be married, but i do observe my parents relationship avidly.. and i dont know of your medical history, but my father broke his neck and is now on all sort of meds which in my personal opinion i do not like seeing him take, i really beleive the effects of cannabis can help him more than percoset and other high class drugs. especially since four years of use hasnt helped the pain. my advice would be to approach it the way you would approach this with any loved one, mom, dad, sister, grandmother, son.

oh and p.s. my mom wasnt diggin it at first, but shes lightened up alot through the education.

Welcome dude! Damn! :thedoubletake: Thats a tough one! I will have to burn one and give this some thought...

On to my problem. If my wife ever found out that I smoke first she would call the cops then the divorce lawyer.

Damn Dude!!!
I'd have to get a new wife :cheesygrinsmiley:

But seriously
maybe time for an intervention.
You have friends that use Cannabis?
Videos of sick and dying folks pleading for legalization always get to me.

Start by buying a copy of Jack's book:
Jack Herer - Chapters
Leave it layin' around before you try to get her to read it.
She may pick it up by herself.

if you live in a state that has medical marijuana then make a doctors appointment and take your wife with, if you dont try to educate her about cannabis, and if that doesnt work then buy some ozium and smoke away

hmmm ... did you marry her and she didnt know of your smoking ? i had a partner once who used to give me strange looks and made me feel guilty when i smoked... needless to say we aren't together anymore, so good luck

Hi again folks
Some real good ideas. I guess my real problem is my wife comes from the Phillipine islands . At a time during a virtual police state she was raised to be a strict Catholic and a law abiding citizen. She does'nt believe the government could be wrong or have neferious motives. Therefore if it's illegal everything they say about it just has to be true or else it would be harmless and legal. Plus just the act of having the substance or being near it automaticly makes you arrested and on your way to jail. It's just a matter of time before they knock on the door. They must have some secret way of finding out I guess. I guess a hopeless situation I should think about seeing if a friend will sell me a few clones and I grow outdoors. Yes I will take up hiking she hates the outdoors.

Hi again folks
Some real good ideas. I guess my real problem is my wife comes from the Phillipine islands . At a time during a virtual police state she was raised to be a strict Catholic and a law abiding citizen. She does'nt believe the government could...

For the catholic thing man, just be like "Its a plant that God made. Why would he make it if he didn't want us to use it?"

Ya man, I actually don't think you should say that, but its my view as a catholic, and im sticking to it all the way man.

Welcome btw.

I am very surprised that a man who takes care of his family the best he can has a woman who is soooo against smoking cannabis. I'm sorry to hear that. The unfortunate thing is when a woman has made her mind up about something that is it! Most women are very set in their ways. This is a problem for you... If I were you, I would ask her why she has such strong opinions on the subject. Ask her why she feels that way. She will tell you. Use that information to your advantage, so the next time you know exactly what to say to her. Do this gently without too much pressure, and you may have a positive response.

my wife is from the islands and was totally against herb and i still did it and explained its what i do but she was never okay with it until i had my doctor explain the benefits of it to her. explain how it keeps me out of the hospital and keeps my head right from my stressful job. she now understands and sometimes enjoys the medicinal benefits herself. nothing better than smokin out with your old lady....

I have had some of the same issues..
Been married for over 24 years.
I suggest you take it slow. Its a big pill for her to swallow so you give it to her in small bits.
You must show her improvements in your behavior. Don't tell her you smoke just yet. If she brings up later in time about this improvement in you . I believe that would be the time to start her education on the benifits.

yeah...I understand too. Just b/c it's labeled illegal without medical consent..it is driven into people's minds by the government that this is such a bad thing to do. Sometimes you need to think for yourself and not believe everything you hear. Even the news is rigged. they show us what they want too. I wd say take it slow too. That's pretty harsh tho...callin the cops on you and divorce. Good luck tho. Hope it all works out. Some people come around eventually once their minds are open.

Show her the three "fosterboys" videos in the "Homegrown" section. Show them in this order.
1. "Wouldn't it be nice" -- it shows the insanity of locking people up for the use of this precious herb, especially the one's who are dying.
2. "Marijuana's Waterloo" -- it shows the wastefulness and hypocrisy of a failed marijuana policy.
3. "Don't Smoke the Marijuana" -- it shows how politicians feel about marijuana, and the disinformation that some of them spread.

Good luck.

Quick correction, #2 above was formerly named "History of Marijuana -- Condensed" and #3 was called "The Candidates Who Oppose Marijuana".

They're all short, 3-5 minute infomusicals.

Back
Top Bottom