canna coco pro plus
no nutes yet
temps 26c
250w hps
40rh
WP_20220616_13_26_04_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220616_13_26_10_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220616_13_26_14_Pro - Copy.jpg

my problem is they look a little light green first pic of the smallest has a brown spot on leaf. And they also look small they are 9 days popping from coco i feed once per day as my coco drys out fast under hps. I did have intake blowing over them it was moving the one with brown spot more not sure if it was heat that burned it ive stopped blowing air over them now. the first 4 days after popping the seed shell was stuck to them so they was stretching so no leaf growth i had to manually remove them. This is my first time from seed any help would be greatly appreciated

What type of light are you using? As @VetSmoke85 mentioned they do look stretched. You can increase the amount of light they get by moving them closer to the light or the light closer to them. You can look up the inverse square law to understand better how much light increases as it moves closer. You can determine how close you should get to the plant (depending on light source type) by using the back of your hand to feel for heat. You never want too much heat on the plants. So feel for comfortably warm or even a bit less. Make sure to have proper airflow going over your plants. The leaves should essentially always be moving without living in a tornado. I tend to believe the leaves like to be gently tickled with air.

Edit* I see you're using HPS. Use the back of the hand trick. Do you have a glass cover over your lamp and using ducting to remove the heat?

What type of light are you using? As @VetSmoke85 mentioned they do look stretched. You can increase the amount of light they get by moving them closer to the light or the light closer to them. You can look up the inverse square law to understand better how much light increases as it moves closer. You can determine how close you should get to the plant (depending on light source type) by using the back of your hand to feel for heat. You never want too much heat on the plants. So feel for comfortably warm or even a bit less. Make sure to have proper airflow going over your plants. The leaves should essentially always be moving without living in a tornado. I tend to believe the leaves like to be gently tickled with air.

Edit* I see you're using HPS. Use the back of the hand trick. Do you have a glass cover over your lamp and using ducting to remove the heat?
No it just has a tin shade ontop i moved the lights about 3 foot away will feed them some nutes at 1/8 strength i did hand trick to judge distance i had it far away as i read to online when there small better to ask actual people as they no alot more through experience thanks for advise

I used a 125w cfl in the veg room for years...enough to veg a plant..not much heat and cheap to run...but..
Here comes the but...I was shocked to see how much they are now to buy, add to that the cost of the reflector to hang it.
Now if you add that to the cost of a hps kit with ballast, bulb and reflector your not far from the cost of a budget LED, That will do both veg and flower and less heat in summer.
Just a thought.

I used a 125w cfl in the veg room for years...enough to veg a plant..not much heat and cheap to run...but..
Here comes the but...I was shocked to see how much they are now to buy, add to that the cost of the reflector to hang it.
Now if you add that to the cost of a hps kit with ballast, bulb and reflector your not far from the cost of a budget LED, That will do both veg and flower and less heat in summer.
Just a thought.
HI
i assumed that the cfl would fit in the ballast im using looked online it will blow the bulb as starter power is really high. never thought about led will take a look thanks pal

hps is the wrong k but will work. 250w isn't too bad on a seedling that size. it'll reach a bit looking for the blue. they're hot so a touch higher is ok if needed. you done good getting there with it already, so you could run all the way with if you want.

i ran a small 400w hps only grow for a couple years and it did ok once dialed in.

i'm not sure what you're running for a ballast, some will do an mh bulb too. you might want that for veg. the ballast will be well marked if you can switch between the two.

i been growing under led like a lot of others for a long long time since my hid days ended. make sure you do your homework and check in before the leap. good led is never cheap, and cheap led is never good. no matter the hype and marketing.

a lot of led guys build their own. i'm one at present. you can build a killer rig at a half to third commercial cost. there are online resources to help. once you build a couple you'll never look at the others the same.

like others have mentioned you have to keep coco fed. it doesn't like it dry.

you should get us a pic or two with the bulb off. the true colour of the the plant tells a lot.

ok pal thanks will give them feed and i moved light closer yesterday i had it top of tent at first was not sure how close to go when young as hps gives off alot of heat much appreciated

14" to 16" is plenty close enough for a 250-watt HPS when they're that young. Bury the stems (+/-) halfway, and they probably won't fall over when the wind hits them, otherwise they might if you get more leaf growth before the stem develops better. After another week or two at the most, I'd have the light at 10" to 12".

If that's coco coir, you shouldn't be allowing (any of) it to get dry. It is a hydroponic media; treat it as such. Keep it most always, wet/dry/wet/dry is for soil. Water it to saturation (10% to 20% runoff is fine). Letting it dry out... getting it all wet again might be a hassle, as it becomes hydrophobic to a degree (water can sort of run right through it) . If it looks dry on top, it's too dry. Adjust pH of nutrient solution to 5.8 - 6.2. Coco is not soil.

hps is the wrong k but will work. 250w isn't too bad on a seedling that size. it'll reach a bit looking for the blue. they're hot so a touch higher is ok if needed. you done good getting there with it already, so you could run all the way with if you want.

i ran a small 400w hps only grow for a couple years and it did ok once dialed in.

i'm not sure what you're running for a ballast, some will do an mh bulb too. you might want that for veg. the ballast will be well marked if you can switch between the two.

i been growing under led like a lot of others for a long long time since my hid days ended. make sure you do your homework and check in before the leap. good led is never cheap, and cheap led is never good. no matter the hype and marketing.

a lot of led guys build their own. i'm one at present. you can build a killer rig at a half to third commercial cost. there are online resources to help. once you build a couple you'll never look at the others the same.

like others have mentioned you have to keep coco fed. it doesn't like it dry.

you should get us a pic or two with the bulb off. the true colour of the the plant tells a lot.
hi pal did look at led the better ones are 700 pound will look into building one as i have a warehouse not far from me that will sell everything i need ive always fed the same in coco every 3 days when there bigger never had a problem i feed once a day when smaller as i was told from last post . they look alot better now with a bit of feed i think that was the problem my friend feeds 3 times a day from bottom up we both get pretty much the same results i would say mine tastes alot better

the last post i done i was under feeding nutes as i was not adding tap water ppm on to my nutes i got 12oz from 2 og cheese feeding once every 3 days only flowered for 8 weeks as i think it tastes alot better

here are my autoflowers skunk no1

canna coco pro plus
no nutes yet
temps 26c
250w hps
40rh
WP_20220616_13_26_04_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220616_13_26_10_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220616_13_26_14_Pro - Copy.jpg

my problem is they look a little light green first pic of the smallest has a brown spot on leaf. And they also look small they are 9 days popping from coco i feed once per day as my coco drys out fast under hps. I did have intake blowing over them it was moving the one with brown spot more not sure if it was heat that burned it ive stopped blowing air over them now. the first 4 days after popping the seed shell was stuck to them so they was stretching so no leaf growth i had to manually remove them. This is my first time from seed any help would be greatly appreciated
Good morning @agedmaster hope you are well my friend.
Coco must be fed full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph every day.
No plain water ever.
Keep that coco soaked.
And you have to get some run off.
That tap root needs something to chase.
Otherwise the coco gets hydrophobic and water shoots right through it.
I grow the odd coco girl, if I can help with anything going on let me know.
Happy growing.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning @agedmaster hope you are well my friend.
Coco must be fed full strength nutrients at 5.8 ph every day.
No plain water ever.
Keep that coco soaked.
And you have to get some run off.
That tap root needs something to chase.
Otherwise the coco gets hydrophobic and water shoots right through it.
I grow the odd coco girl, if I can help with anything going on let me know.
Happy growing.

Bill
Hi bill thanks for help lasts time i will listen to what u guys are saying ive never grown from seed always cutting that has a good root system right from when i get them heres a pic today looks little yellow on pic its my camera its adjusting colour my light is yellow and do you think it would be ok to go to 450w now

the second pic was some amnesia haze plants i done a few times i never ph'd water and fed every 3 days never had a problem then other strains ive had ive had problems with untill i listen to what everyone on here told me ive learnt alot the last one i did was the best tasting one of them all as i brought all the things i was told to thankyou all
WP_20220619_16_34_14_Pro - Copy.jpg

1586068649140.jpg

Hi bill thanks for help lasts time i will listen to what u guys are saying ive never grown from seed always cutting that has a good root system right from when i get them heres a pic today looks little yellow on pic its my camera its adjusting colour my light is yellow and do you think it would be ok to go to 450w now

the second pic was some amnesia haze plants i done a few times i never ph'd water and fed every 3 days never had a problem then other strains ive had ive had problems with untill i listen to what everyone on here told me ive learnt alot the last one i did was the best tasting one of them all as i brought all the things i was told to thankyou all
WP_20220619_16_34_14_Pro - Copy.jpg

1586068649140.jpg
They don't need much light right now so be careful with that HPS.
A fluorescent is all you need. T5.
You will have to learn to adjust the ph.
5.8 ph is vital .
And nutrients every day, 400 ppm's or so right now they need food.
But full strength nutrients according to your schedule.
I just started a coco grow from seed check it out.
Hope you had a nice weekend my friend. :ciao:

Bill

Back
Top Bottom