Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Update

Re: Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Up

Interesting because I have been trying to think how I want to make watering easier on my 5 girls when I put them in their scrogs. Right now its still easy, I pull them bitches out, bring them downstairs, water and train and clean them and then bring them back upstairs and put them back under the lights. I know its going to be a pain in the butt when i can't bring them out from under the Scrog.

My first thought was to come us with some sort of bottle with a small diameter hose that is a few feet long and just use it like a funnel. You idea gives me a bit more to consider.

Yeah, you have to make shure to water them easily. And this was about 40 Bucks in total. In your case, you have to get rid of the runoff too if i´m right.

Re: Crocodocs First Photoperiodic - Ice Kush & Cream Caramel - 250W DS-HPS - Daily Up

Yeah, you have to make shure to water them easily. And this was about 40 Bucks in total. In your case, you have to get rid of the runoff too if i´m right.

No...with the KindSoil you don't water to runoff. So I don't have to deal with any excess runoff. I kind of experimented already with the water amounts in the 5 gallon pots to see what she will take before she starts leaking. They hold about .75 gallons of water give or take a touch.

I have been thoroughly pleased with the KindSoil thus far. I researched a lot of organic soils before choosing it, and my brother who grows commercially in Washington State was extremely skeptical. He is an avid synthetic fertilizer/nute guy and figured I would regret choosing it. I am following the owner's recommendations to the "T" and haven't had a single issue that wasn't self inflicted. All you do is water (not to run off) with pH'd water between 6.5-7.0 (can't use chemical pH down, has to be organic) and then let the plant go until almost completely dry before watering again. I hope that the flower stage is as low maintenance as the veg stage.

I admit, I have to fight the urge to add stuff to try to make them grow faster or bigger. This soil doesn't grow quite as fast as other mediums, but for me the low maintenance and ease is worth the slightly slower growth. Google Kindsoil.com, he has a pretty good breakdown on there. Can't remember if you are in the USA or not....and not sure if he ships overseas or not.

I´m not in the US, and organic soils or full organic growth is no otion for me. For me, growing weed is all about getting independent from Criminals, offering low end quality at very expensive Prices, and frequently ask you questions like: "Hey, why you wanna buy weed when you can get cocaine instead?" This is not that kind of people i want to deal with. So what are my options? Getting the max out of the limited space i have, while keeping an eye on my electric bill. Because this is where Law looks after here. So i go with half organic, half synthetic fertilizers made of HESI, a dutch company. I have done fine with their Nutes with my Autos, who are much more sensitive two quality of your fertilzers and the amount you give to them. I only figured out that their TNT Complex, from it´s description a lightweight (3-2-2), was way to sharp for them. After that, i found out that people call it rocket fuel for a reason. It seems to be true, now with this Photos, they are growing like hell even under small lights. So why don´t give them a try? you could achieve greater results with less care and without loosing anything. They are pH-self regulating to 6,2, which is perfect for soil, and you don´t have to take care of your ppm´s either because of they are half-organic. Your plants simply don´t care about synthetic or organic in their metabolysm in my opinion. So I´m more with your Brother Brother :circle-of-love:

I´m not in the US, and organic soils or full organic growth is no otion for me. For me, growing weed is all about getting independent from Criminals, offering low end quality at very expensive Prices, and frequently ask you questions like: "Hey, why you wanna buy weed when you can get cocaine instead?" This is not that kind of people i want to deal with. So what are my options? Getting the max out of the limited space i have, while keeping an eye on my electric bill. Because this is where Law looks after here. So i go with half organic, half synthetic fertilizers made of HESI, a dutch company. I have done fine with their Nutes with my Autos, who are much more sensitive two quality of your fertilzers and the amount you give to them. I only figured out that their TNT Complex, from it´s description a lightweight (3-2-2), was way to sharp for them. After that, i found out that people call it rocket fuel for a reason. It seems to be true, now with this Photos, they are growing like hell even under small lights. So why don´t give them a try? you could achieve greater results with less care and without loosing anything. They are pH-self regulating to 6,2, which is perfect for soil, and you don´t have to take care of your ppm´s either because of they are half-organic. Your plants simply don´t care about synthetic or organic in their metabolysm in my opinion. So I´m more with your Brother Brother :circle-of-love:

Here is my reason for the Organic Kindsoil. My job (when working....on workers comp for my back for the last 6 months) requires me to be on the road for extended periods of time. My girlfriend supports me growing for my back but doesn't have the time to spend a lot of her free time taking care of my plants if I have to travel. She is basically good with watering and anything else minor. So...no knowing when or if I will be going back to work anytime soon, I went with the lowest maintenance option I could find. All we have to do is pH the water down from 9.2 to the 6.5-7.0 range and water ever 4 to 5 days (or whenever the pot feels almost empty. I have the water bottle marked with how much water to give so she doesn't have to do much at all.

It wasn't uncommon for me to be on the road 250-270 days a year before I hurt my back. So the fact that she wasn't keen on dealing with a bunch of nutes and fertilizers and the potential troubleshooting associated with doing something that the plant didn't like was a huge reason for my choice. Now it is my plan to dabble a bit with every medium over time. I want to do DWC, Aeroponics, Soil-less soil.....all of them. But until my work future is a little more set in stone, I will stick with this for the convenience factor.

Here is my reason for the Organic Kindsoil. My job (when working....on workers comp for my back for the last 6 months) requires me to be on the road for extended periods of time. My girlfriend supports me growing for my back but doesn't have the time to spend a lot of her free time taking care of my plants if I have to travel. She is basically good with watering and anything else minor. So...no knowing when or if I will be going back to work anytime soon, I went with the lowest maintenance option I could find. All we have to do is pH the water down from 9.2 to the 6.5-7.0 range and water ever 4 to 5 days (or whenever the pot feels almost empty. I have the water bottle marked with how much water to give so she doesn't have to do much at all.

It wasn't uncommon for me to be on the road 250-270 days a year before I hurt my back. So the fact that she wasn't keen on dealing with a bunch of nutes and fertilizers and the potential troubleshooting associated with doing something that the plant didn't like was a huge reason for my choice. Now it is my plan to dabble a bit with every medium over time. I want to do DWC, Aeroponics, Soil-less soil.....all of them. But until my work future is a little more set in stone, I will stick with this for the convenience factor.

I do understand that for sure. Your reasons are really good reasons. It may sound a little weird for some guys, but in case of girlfriends with not too much interested in growing weed, you have to set everything up for the most stupid user possible. Otherwise you always keep thinking about if she is doing right or not. I´m running into that problem too, because of i´m not at home for two weeks within this summer. And my Problem is laying in my bed just 2 meters behind my, keep watching to her Smartphone all the Day. Whenever i tell her sometihing about growing and stuff, her face and her words end up looking interested in what if said, but i know for sure that nearly everything is gone tomorrow. But that´s ok for me, she simly has not that passion for cannabis, and that´s not her fault. What i wanna say is, i need to figure out a fail safe amount of Nutes that she can give to them. I know that she is capable of handling a Syringe, so that will work. Sometimes it´s hard to be a man :Namaste::laughtwo:

I do understand that for sure. Your reasons are really good reasons. It may sound a little weird for some guys, but in case of girlfriends with not too much interested in growing weed, you have to set everything up for the most stupid user possible. Otherwise you always keep thinking about if she is doing right or not. I´m running into that problem too, because of i´m not at home for two weeks within this summer. And my Problem is laying in my bed just 2 meters behind my, keep watching to her Smartphone all the Day. Whenever i tell her sometihing about growing and stuff, her face and her words end up looking interested in what if said, but i know for sure that nearly everything is gone tomorrow. But that´s ok for me, she simly has not that passion for cannabis, and that´s not her fault. What i wanna say is, i need to figure out a fail safe amount of Nutes that she can give to them. I know that she is capable of handling a Syringe, so that will work. Sometimes it´s hard to be a man :Namaste::laughtwo:

Mine is taking more interest in it over time. I think that she will pick stuff up over time so I hope to expand her role. She does a lot in our outdoor garden (veggies) so she is more than willing to work. I think the fear of messing something up is big with her. A bit of confidence over time will go a long way with her.

Day 33

Temps: 18,0-25,4°C, 64,4-77,7°F
Humidity: 49-62%

Today, fighting Fungus Gnats continues. I want to get rid of them for sure, and i decided to spray the bottom of my Pots and all the little holes at their sides too. Was a little Work, but worth it. Overall, the Ladys doesn´t seem to be really affected buy the used Neem-based Product, they just keep growing. But take a look by yourselfs. I expected stunted growth, not a training day today. But because they grew so much, i had no choice. But first things first, todays to do List was, getting the plants out, Train them, connect the second Bulb to its Ballast, Spray them with Bayer Bio-Neem, clean everything up, and get the girls back in there. There was a 400W S-HPS Bulb to install in my Autoflower Closet, which replaces an old 250W HPS, but thats another Chapter, So, lets begin :)

After they woke up, about 15 mins after Lights on
d33a.jpg

They just kept growing
IMG_20170502_200407469.jpg

Then i got those Ladys out there, what a mess, and Neem is also not the most fantastic smelling thing...
d33a_3_.jpg

I prepared them for their Training
IMG_20170503_175523480.jpg

Time for more Detail now ;)

Cream Caramel #1

Size: 17 cm before LST, 13 cm after LST
Bulb Distance: 40 cm
Watering: none
Feeding: none
Training: LST, defoliation
other: Pest Control against Fungus Gnats via Bayer Bio-Neem-Oil, sprayed bottom and side of the Pots

Before LST
cc1_33_2_.jpg

After LST
cc2_33_3_.jpg

Another Tri-Leaf clearly coming through
cc1_33_3_.jpg

Cream Caramel #2

Size: 18,5 cm before LST, 13,5 cm after LST
other: Pest Control against Fungus Gnats via Bayer Bio-Neem-Oil, sprayed bottom and side of the Pots

Before LST
cc2_33_2_.jpg

I accidently deleted the Picture of her after LST, thanks to Dark Devil and its effects

Ice Kush #1

Size: 22 cm before LST, 16 cm after LST

Before LST
ik1_33.jpg

After LST
ik1_33_4_.jpg

A lot of nice new growth
ik1_33_3_.jpg

Ice Kush #2

Size: 19 cm before LST, 14 cm after LST

Before LST
ik2_33.jpg

After LST
ik2_33_2_.jpg

The same nice new Growth as Ice Kush #1, just a little smaller
ik2_33_3_.jpg

After Training my Plants, i started with Pest-spraying. Therefor, i placed to Pots on Top of my Screen. Good choice to build them very solid. I sprayed them all on there
d33_roots.jpg

Do you see all these little Roots coming out out the side-holes? Perfect food for Fungus Gnats Larves, making it easy for Fungus Gnats to lay their eggs into the Soil too. Not an advantage for Air-Pots here i guess:lot-o-toke:
d33_roots_2_.jpg
d33_roots_3_.jpg
d33_roots_4_.jpg

Finally, time to bring the Ladys back into their home, Ice Kush #1 and Ice Kush #2 changed places again. Booth Ice Kush seems to grow faster then their Cream Caramel pendants, so i moved their Pots more to the middle and The other two more to the right. I want to give Ice Kush more room on my Screen
d33b_4_.jpg

Lower the Bulbs to arround 40 cm (15,7")
d33b_2_.jpg

Done :cheer:

Day 34

Temps: 19,8-25,4°C, 67,6-77,7°F
Humidity: 45-61%

I´m very happy with that cooltubes and all that new ventilation installation. 500W of HPS is a huge amount of Heat for such a small space. This is now the second day in a row where the Temps reached it´s max at 25,4°C stable, measured constantly at the top of the plants.

From my last two grows, i know that keeping the closet cool is more easy when the Ladys grow and the Lights are raised. Even when there is the same Distance between bulbs and the Ladys as it was when they were small, Temps decrease when the Bulbs move higher. With a distance of arround 40 cm (15,7") by now, I´m aiming for arround 30 cm (12") when the Ladys get bigger. This should give them some nice amount of intense Light when they are in Flower. Hopefully this plan turns out well.

I switched off my Air-Washer 2 days before to lower humidity and help the Pots to dry out. Thgis worked well with Ice Kush #1+2, their Pots are are significantly lighter then booth Cream Caramel. Ice Kush #1 is light enough to Water again, but all of the Ladys suffered from the huge amount of Water given in just two todays (4000 ml each) in my War against this Fungus Gnats.

Speaking of Fungus Gnats, I just found one of them today in my Closet, there is hope that it was a success. But there is noticable yellowing on new growth, indicating a lack of Nutrients. Might be that 2000 ml of Neem-Solution has flushed out the fertilizer i gave them before. But i have to be patient here, Fungus Gnats like wet and warm environmets, i want to keep the Ladys as dry as possible. And of course, i cant feed because of overwatering before...:lot-o-toke:

Arround 1,5 hours after they woke up
d341.jpg

Cream Caramel #1

Size: 15 cm
Training: very gentle LST
other: Pot still heavy

Before LST
cc1_34.jpg

After LST
cc1_34_2_.jpg

Cream Caramel #2

Size: 15 cm
Training: LST, gentle defoliation
other: Pot still heavy, but lighter then CC#1

Before LST
cc2_34.jpg

After LST
cc2_34_2_.jpg

Ice Kush #1

Size: 19 cm
Training: LST
other: Pot very Light, but Leafs still suffer from Overwatering

Before LST
ik1_34.jpg

After LST
ik1_34_2_.jpg

Ice Kush #2

Size: 18 cm
Training: LST, defoliaton
other: Pot light, but not too light

Before LST
ik2_34.jpg

After LST
ik2_34_2_.jpg

My plan ist to fill the Screen from the outside to the inside, you can see my intention after todays workover
d34_2_1.jpg

It is 96 x 57 cm or 37,8" x 22,4". It is 180 cm or 70,8" tall
Mine is 110cm L x 55cm D x 110cm H.

Want to put a 400w hps in there wondering how the temps will fair. Its currently around 24 deg C with a 250w hps about 35cm above the tops.

Air coming in to box is a constant 21 degrees

Mine is 110cm L x 55cm D x 110cm H.

Want to put a 400w hps in there wondering how the temps will fair. Its currently around 24 deg C with a 250w hps about 35cm above the tops.

Air coming in to box is a constant 21 degrees

Cooltubes are fantastic for that. Just make sure the air is blown through it, not pulled through it. In my Box, i had an 250W single Bulb before, Temps arround 27-28C with a distance of 40 cm. Now, same distance, double the light, lower Temps

Cooltubes are fantastic for that. Just make sure the air is blown through it, not pulled through it. In my Box, i had an 250W single Bulb before, Temps arround 27-28C with a distance of 40 cm. Now, same distance, double the light, lower Temps
Do you think without a cool tube it's still doable? I'd only be adding an extra 150w of hps. So a couple degrees increase?

At the moment I only have one pipe blowing in 21 degree air, going to attach another pipe to the other side of my box so there's twice the amount of 21 degree air coming in.

Will have to see how it goes

Edit: my last grow I had the 250w hps plus about 200w of cfl (the bulbs weren't new so they ran quite hot) and temps were hitting 28-29.

Do you think without a cool tube it's still doable? I'd only be adding an extra 150w of hps. So a couple degrees increase?

At the moment I only have one pipe blowing in 21 degree air, going to attach another pipe to the other side of my box so there's twice the amount of 21 degree air coming in.

Will have to see how it goes

Edit: my last grow I had the 250w hps plus about 200w of cfl (the bulbs weren't new so they ran quite hot) and temps were hitting 28-29.

I do have a few questions with that.

How much cbm³ do you have on in and outtake ventilation? I do have no active intake

How is your Filter connected to that industrial fan outtakes youve got?

Do you think you´ve got a lot more Air blown into the tent or a lot more blown out?

I might have something for you to lower your temps a bit, but let me do some Temp testing first. Will be back in 15 minutes with some results

Oh, and to give you an example what difference it makes to have a 400w bulb instead of a 250W, i have another closet with some Autoflowers in there. It´s exactly the same size as the one in this Journal, and with a 250W Bulb arround 40 cm above the Tops it was like 27-28C. pretty high, but managable. Now, i installed a 400w bulb instead and the Temps raised like crazy, i had to take off my Carbon Filter to keep it low enough and had to mount an extra fan directly to the side of of the bulb, blowing air directly to the outlet fan, raise the Bulb to the max, arround 65 cm above the tops now, and place another fan directly on the bottom, blowing air from bottom to top. Now it is 27C again, but it smells like hell because these Ladys in there are in later Flower, maybe 3 Weeks ahead from beeing harvested. I ordered the same outlet Fan and the Same Cooltube yesterday, it will be here tomorrow. Let me take some Pictures of all i did to lower Temps and do the investigation of my idea to help you

Does it really put out that much more heat than a 250w? If my temps went up by 3 degrees from ambient with the 250, surely with more air coming into the box and the hood set higher, the 400w should only raise an additional few degrees?

Not sure what my cfm is or anything. The air does replace quickly though :) basically active intake because it's cool air running from our air-con which sits at 21 degrees and blows air in. Then got the two industrial fans up top.

If you check in my journal you'll see the pictures in my first post. The exhaust get connected with ducting to the huge carbon filter. Air flow is not changed due to the high amount of surface area with out filter

In other words, temps do not rise when we attach the carbon filter at all

Does it really put out that much more heat than a 250w? If my temps went up by 3 degrees from ambient with the 250, surely with more air coming into the box and the hood set higher, the 400w should only raise an additional few degrees?

Not sure what my cfm is or anything. The air does replace quickly though :) basically active intake because it's cool air running from our air-con which sits at 21 degrees and blows air in. Then got the two industrial fans up top.

If you check in my journal you'll see the pictures in my first post. The exhaust get connected with ducting to the huge carbon filter. Air flow is not changed due to the high amount of surface area with out filter

In other words, temps do not rise when we attach the carbon filter at all

Yes, but you use an ac, so you need to know if youre ac is putting more in then your fans take out. Would be useful to upgrade your outtake if it is like that. You can simply test it with a lighter. Go somewhere where your box isnt 100% air tight and hold a lighter closer, you then see the direction of the air flow. if the flame moves to your box, everything´s fine. Do that arround the middle of your box to make sure you´re far away enough from your ac or your fans.

I measured some different temps to know the temp difference in my box.

Temps at the very Top
IMG_20170504_190305483.jpg

Temps at the very Bottom
IMG_20170504_192625856_1_.jpg

You see there is about 5°C difference. Temp at the Ladys Tops are 25°C, only 2,6°C higher than at the bottom, with 500W of HPS arround 40cm away. That´s nice, cause all the air that is blown through the cooltubes is 28,9°C coming from the very Top of my Box.

Maybe you have to wait till tomorrow to see the effect of a cooltube on a 400w Bulb. I will install it tomorrow as soon as it is here

This is my emergency Solution on my Heat Problem with that 400W Bulb:smokin:

Fan mounted close to the Bulb
IMG_20170504_190537395.jpg

Fan blowing bottom to top
IMG_20170504_190602328.jpg

No more Carbon Filter
IMG_20170504_190716407.jpg

Back
Top Bottom